• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Would You Rate Yourself???

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
6.5 for me. A win is a rare occasion for me unless I get lucky in the seeding. Still need to learn match ups and character strategies, for both my own characters and facing them... My second post here lol

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
I would be probably something between 70-75 if I ever attempted a tournament,but I never had,so I rate myself a 66.

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
... Are we talking Rational or Natural Numbers, here or... I'm about a 1... I'd rate myself lower but I like whole numbers and zero is just too cool for me >_>... I've never been to a Brawl tourney before, and in my eyes, since I've never been to one... why rate myself just because I know the ins and outs of the game? I'm great with info, bad with actually implementing allot of the stuff it takes to be considered good at Brawl. Now Melee... I was a negative infinite scrub who only new how to wavedash and L-cancel (couldn't do the Charleston with mah Mewtwo:() . Even then, I'd wavedash right off the level and fall to my doom or something stupid would happen... like wavedashing into a falcon punch :urg:

Afropony

Smash Lord
... Are we talking Rational or Natural Numbers, here or... I'm about a 1... I'd rate myself lower but I like whole numbers and zero is just too cool for me >_>... I've never been to a Brawl tourney before, and in my eyes, since I've never been to one... why rate myself just because I know the ins and outs of the game? I'm great with info, bad with actually implementing allot of the stuff it takes to be considered good at Brawl. Now Melee... I was a negative infinite scrub who only new how to wavedash and L-cancel (couldn't do the Charleston with mah Mewtwo:() . Even then, I'd wavedash right off the level and fall to my doom or something stupid would happen... like wavedashing into a falcon punch :urg:
At least you have fun... Right? :)

It's pretty hard to rate myself seeing as though I'm from Australia and haven't had the chance to play in America although I place in the top 4 when I do go to tournaments.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I was 60 probably at best some point earlier in the metagame when there were still huge discoveries being made with Sonic.

I'm probably somewhere between 30 and 50 now or less. I could never get back into it..and I never did go to a real tournament..

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
7 - Advanced
Understands the situational uses of universal and character-specific techniques. Understands matchups and how to make a good counterpick, for both character and stage. Keeps a good eye on opponent patterns and punishes them accordingly; may start cluing in to slightly smaller mistakes that opponents make, but may not be able to punish them too well. Can place high or win at small tournaments, and may start attending slightly larger events. Tournament experience is a must to even dream of advancing past this stage.

Well I chose the second rating system which made more sense so i'd say I'm within this category, pretty much already past this and nearly reach advance competative status while playing as Bowser.

t3akup

Smash Apprentice
On the 0 to 10 (11) scale, I am something of an 8.
About a month ago I was more like a 6 though.
I just gradually get better at video games in general
so it didn't take much practice. I'm "proud" of where
I'm at now (for the lack of a better word)...

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
At least you have fun... Right? :)

It's pretty hard to rate myself seeing as though I'm from Australia and haven't had the chance to play in America although I place in the top 4 when I do go to tournaments.
I have tons of fun :chuckle:
I'd just like to get better at the game(although I don't know why...) It's hard to get better when you play with the same people all the time. After a while, you stop helping each others skills grow and just learn each others patterns and playing style (though that's not so bad).
All of the SMASH games have been fun (especially with hacks, making characters in Brawl is so much fun:)).

atown238

Smash Rookie
55. i have not been in any tourny's but i still win a lot i just need to learn more advanced moves and move sets to further my rob. lol

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I'm lke 6..
Don't attempt tournaments tough.

I should do that really.
I wanne get my *** kickt and get some good replays of that =D

JUDGE

Smash Lord
why don't you guys go to tourneys?
it's hella fun, and there is no better way to improve your game :D
srsly start playing competitive guys^^

PZ

Smash Lord
50 i want to play brawl for funz and i want to win but most of the timez i lose. I want to go to tournies but im afraid how my mom or dad will react. The cursing for 1 thing i have never cursed. When i can drive i might go but so far im feeling like i cant even turn but hooray for parkingz. XD Plus 5 hrs+ drives dont seem worth it to me.(5 hrs+ going and back maybe i can find some housing hmmz but when it comes to going north no but maybe ppl going south will) G.A.M.M.E seems like my chance to get a ride and im pretty sure hinesville has no brawlerz besides karatekickz who i told him more about brawl but he refuses to fight ppl who play gay aka campers, spammers, and if you keep using the same combo or move alot.:chuckle:

Top Bottom