• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

tm

Smash Ace
You still have to do it soon enough to get out of your long ass jumpsquat tho. Might as well have ftilted / jabbed / DA

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
^ I think he's saying if you jump preemptively, thinking falco was going to choose a different option, then quickly react and grab. A defensive option rather than an aggressive one.

I do that quite a bit vs fox, but with falco it's best to SDI away as well if you can (ASDI and regular DI probably work ok too) because shine can definitely come out before grab in this scenario. I've done it a few times, it's really situational though.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
So today, I have hugs, Swedish delight, and tian in my pool. I need to beat two of them to get out. My chances of making top 48 are slim. But I could very realistically get top 65. This is my first major, so I'd be pretty happy with that.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Damn. 2 sheiks (one top level) and one mentally draining matchup.

If you beat hugs I'll personally give you $20. Anyone who thinks pichu is better than Ganon deserves to lose to a Ganon they've never heard of.

Be aggressive as possible without sacrificing your spacing. Corner him.

Last edited:

Orah

Smash Cadet
I know our Oos are limited but i was thinking that this option might work in some situations but ganons jump may not always be fast enough. When you're facing away in shield and they're behind you pressuring you. Trying to react and short hop back flip behind them and counter attack. Like if they go for the grab short hop back wards over them and stomp, fair, nair, tomahawk grab, jab, side-b, or perfect wL away f-tilt, perfect wL moonwalk perfect wave dash to ledge. In combination with bair or reverse up b Oos, it could be a good mind game. I think it has the potential to curl ganons hitbox above Spacey nair and dair, Falco laser, Anyone's grab, peach/sheik down smash, a majority of dash attacks I can think of. I don't think this would work to well against puff, Marths aerials/tilts, sheiks tilts, but I really think ganons sh backflip is underused. I know backflip can go over the top of a ShL (Ganon can do the matrix!). If we can nil on platforms we should be able to do it on the ground with the right timing. Normal Sh< Backflip sh IMO.

Orah

Smash Cadet
Also has anyone had success with as soon as you knock a spacey offstage dashing sh perfect waveland moonwalk ff to edge hog on side b recovery? Also when on ledge I think we should try ledge hop inv upair ledge regrab. It's not really good for tip man against sweet spots but it could cover above ledge and you snap to the ledge right after. After landing a hit from there you could ledge hop on stage invicible tipman which would cover sweet spot or falling invincible tip man. Plus with you back on ledge you could use your imagination and use all the ledge tricks in the book. And I know what I'm about to write sounds risky but has anyone tried invincible dj up b from ledge or immediate invinceble up from ledge intercept recoveries and to keep someone offstage?

Orah

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna start going out to more locals and keep up with the majors more. This past year I've just been playing at my friends house and he's way better than I am. He plays an aggro Marth and Falco but he doesn't like going out to tournaments anymore. His Marth is definetly his strong suit with how good his spacing is and how aggressive he plays. I know back air can beat out every aerial Marth has and upair Oos can catch them out of their fair. I was wondering what you guys do to counter Marths grab game cuz that's prolly what messes me up more than his aerials cuz once I cc he adapts and just grabs me. Usually get punished when I whiff a move and he dd grabs tech chases or uptilt juggles to ken combo/ offstage edgeguard. Can we jab a Marth before their grab comes out? And Idk why but for some reason I find I can tech the dair from ledge easier than neutral b or f-smash. But still not 100%, guess I just gotta practice more. He's really helped me get better in the matchup tho so maybe he just knows my tendencies cuz we play so much. There's finally weeklies on the weekend again so I'm gonna try to consistently go to those. I'm still sad I missed out at SSC cuz that was only like an hour away.

Last edited:

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Another tournament, another pile of salty spaghetti.

I was so pissed off after I got 0-2'd I just left and went home, stranding my friend and his gf without a ride, so now I'm driving back

Edit: I played well in some friendlies though, and almost had jv-5 in pools using Falcon against this newer Marth. There is nothing like the feeling of when you're playing Falcon well

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Sleep deprivation is a real pain in the touches.

We had a school crew battle yesterday of UNCC (my team) vs NCSU, and we ended up winning. I played Ganon in the crew battle and didn't actually play as bad as I thought I would because I was pretty nervous just before playing.

Edit: lol it actually already got uploaded. Here it is:

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Another tournament, another pile of salty spaghetti.

I was so pissed off after I got 0-2'd I just left and went home, stranding my friend and his gf without a ride, so now I'm driving back
I've been there dude lol, sometimes I get disappointed that I'm not playing well and just leave. But if there's people there that I like to chill with, I'll just stay and play friendlies and goof around. Takes my mind off it.

Edit: I played well in some friendlies though, and almost had jv-5 in pools using Falcon against this newer Marth. There is nothing like the feeling of when you're playing Falcon well
What about... playing ganon well? :denzel:

Also, good **** locke, I like a lot of those punishes. Double laser could have been dealt with a little better though. Watch linguini vs falco (the most recent falco set of his on youtube I think) and see how he does it. Where he positions himself and all that.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I've become hypersensitized to this ****, and developed some sort personality complex around it.

Turned me into an asshole(or at least uncovered the inner asshole I suppose)

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I usually am ready to jab those ledge hop double lasers. I just wasn't ready for them to happen so I wasn't able to position myself. I wasn't too worried when he got very little off of hitting me with it though.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Met Beerman/Lambchops (super homie btw) at Shine and got some godlike advice on Ganon-Falco. Way too much to write, but the one thing I want to talk about is positional tech chasing. What do people think of wavedash out of dthrow?

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yea Locke I see that. And your shield grab is a good backup if you can't land the jab. I like to do it when I can too.

Met Beerman/Lambchops (super homie btw) at Shine and got some godlike advice on Ganon-Falco. Way too much to write, but the one thing I want to talk about is positional tech chasing. What do people think of wavedash out of dthrow?
Lampchops may be the only falco that knows the ganon matchup as well as, if not better than, pork chops. That's really good that you had the opportunity to talk to him about the matchup. Wavedash out of dthrow? In what situation? To accomplish what? I've seen linguini do it before, but I don't really know what the purpose is. You can always at least land a fair if you get the right read.

What did chops have to say about it? I'm curious.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
The idea behind it is that if falco techs away, you get a dtilt or regrab. And if techs in place you're right up in his face. And DI behind you get stage. The reason you do this instead of run dtilt is because of the burst you get from wavedash-- it's harder to react to on falco's part.

Another good thing I learned is that you can take a laser off an empty sh and uair to stuff any approach. **** is broken.

Also shield grab waveshine pressure and any dair that doesn't crossup. Ganon, according to beermaster, has one of the best shield grabs in the game.

Apparently bair will trade with double lasers from the ledge.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
The idea behind it is that if falco techs away, you get a dtilt or regrab. And if techs in place you're right up in his face. And DI behind you get stage. The reason you do this instead of run dtilt is because of the burst you get from wavedash-- it's harder to react to on falco's part.

Another good thing I learned is that you can take a laser off an empty sh and uair to stuff any approach. **** is broken.

Also shield grab waveshine pressure and any dair that doesn't crossup. Ganon, according to beermaster, has one of the best shield grabs in the game.

Apparently bair will trade with double lasers from the ledge.
The wd has more cons than pros imo. You can fake someone out with super quick dd, and still cover everything. Once you dthrow they have very few visual cues to go off of.

The midair uair is good. It's like Marth being hit midair by a laser and fair'ing.

He's just used to linguini. Not quite true.

Bair won't always trade no. I've done it many times but no.

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
You 1-stocked me in 1 friendly when I was at the peak of my drunk, scared to ditto me. Come on man, I'll fry your falcon on the ****ing skillet and you know it.
Blame it on the goose, got you feeling loose, Blame it on the al hal hal hal alcohol

Last edited:

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
@Ace would you ever consider making a chaingrabs video, either Montage or instructional l. I know Magus has some clips but something updated to show how to integrate it into gameplan and the various indicators that require different responses would be wicked. I'm in love with chaingrabs and want to focus on them more. And I know that you are one of the few Ganons that can reliably cg spacies

tm

Smash Ace
-ACE- -ACE- would you ever consider making a chaingrabs video, either Montage or instructional l. I know Magus has some clips but something updated to show how to integrate it into gameplan and the various indicators that require different responses would be wicked. I'm in love with chaingrabs and want to focus on them more. And I know that you are one of the few Ganons that can reliably cg spacies
FTFY

Last edited:

tm

Smash Ace
tm tm would you ever consider making a chaingrabs video, either Montage or instructional l. I know Magus has some clips but something updated to show how to integrate it into gameplan and the various indicators that require different responses would be wicked. I'm in love with chaingrabs and want to focus on them more. And I know that you are one of the few Ganons that can reliably cg spacies
FTFY

:denzel:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
LOL tm. Glad you finally learned how to cg!

I don't know what a video would accomplish tbh. It would just be me repeating known knowledge and trying to pause at perfect times to highlight useful visual cues, lol. After you practice for a year with Shaolin Monks in the caves of Tibet, it's just about doing it, and finishing it properly.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
This is random but

When you guys are edgeguarding, or going after someone high above you like a floating peach, you can NIL into instant fullhop on BF/DL. In some situations it's kind of like getting a third jump. It's pretty quick and people aren't always ready. Some think you've burned your dj when you jump twice but you just fullhopped twice.

Linguini

Smash Master
LOL chops is the mega homie...he's my sensei, taught me how to play smart. Pretty much whatever he says works no matter what lmao, that's why I got good in under a year. Back then tipman had invented the advanced metagame but quit immediately when I started in 06 (what a d!ck). Barely any vids were recorded of him and the only person who had experienced it was chops. Somehow he remembered all the effective tactics and how to execute them with ganon rofl. By far the best falco against ganon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom