• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
So I'm leaving SFL this weekend, going to Georgia first, then NC, then not sure what's next, most likely New Jersey for work. But I may be able to attend TGL on Saturday before I leave. If I do, I'm money matching n0ne in dittos. I go even with spider_sense, Tipman, and linguini (went even with RockCrock too) while drunk for the most part. Bets on me not getting 3-0'd?

:denzel:

He's a much better player than I am, but I literally have more experience in this matchup than anyone on Earth. Looking forward to it.
Yooooo where in NC you trying to visit? I'll seriously drive out to see you.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
shhhh it's not even top 5 hardest MUs
I know it's not, that's part of the reason I hate it so much. I know it's technically not THAT bad for ganon, but I lose to EVERY ****ING PEACH EVER.

edit: I'm actually gonna call it ganon's 5th or 6th hardest matchup. Still not that bad though. I just don't know what to do vs turnips. Catching them does me no good.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Hardest matchups imo

1. Sheik
2. Fox
3. Puff
4. Falcon
5. Falco
6. Marth
7. Peach
8. Pikachu
9. Samus

Freakishly even mu's: Luigi, Doc, Mario, IC's, Link, yLink, DK, almost everyone tbh. Kirby, pichu, and Roy get beat bad. Bowser almost as bad.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Got 2nd at the Versus weekly, didn't do bad at all vs Porkchops. The set count was 3-2 for Winner's Finals, and 3-2 for Grands (no bracket reset tho :/) https://www.twitch.tv/vsgc/v/76088645
Lost to kaike on stream, played like booty. Lost a super close set to Relno, the tech monster. He was camping the top plat so bad I regret not taking him to FD (already won on yoshi's, went BF both other times). FoD was his ban. Sounds crazy I know but I could've done it and should have. 9th place lol

Last edited:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Lost to kaike on stream, played like booty. Lost a super close set to Relno, the tech monster. He was camping the top plat so bad I regret not taking him to FD (already won on yoshi's, went BF both other times). FoD was his ban. Sounds crazy I know but I could've done it and should have. 9th place lol
Yeah I just watched your set vs kaike, you played the set pretty well considering the flubs here and there. I really liked the back jumps and that godlike dair read had made me choke on my sandwich. I might start doing back jumps more often to cover low laser approaches more since the short hop backwards jump gives you more space to work with and puts on pressure.

But yeah I've been playing way more confident since I got my setup back. Been working on my shield drops, c-stick buffer jumps, and pivots even though I have a way I want to implement it; it's still a little harder to be consistent with it during an actual match. Also might try using z for certain situations when I feel like I'm going to miss an l-cancel during a crucial/key moment. It's so funny the commentator didn't even see how many shield drops I did vs Clay. Lol

Looking to solidify my Ganon into something no one is ready for...

...except Sheiks.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
nah but Magus pulled it off from one downsmash at zero, to death cg, Foo is Legendary
I've done that. It only takes 3 reads and you can react to the rest. Being able to do it from 50% to death is what's most important. In that famous vid I'm pretty sure velocity would've lived if he hadn't west coast DI'd the wizkick. If all the cool **** I've ever done was recorded it would be one of the sickest combo vids ever lol

Linguini

Smash Master
Finally hopped on the twitter train lol. Haven't really used it that much because I don't really get it but follow ya boy if you wish!

https://twitter.com/El_Linguini66

Incoming: tourney with n0ne, gravy, blea, porkchops this weekend. hype to get my rematch!

spider_sense spider_sense you riding? btw i'd recommend picking up a secondary for that sheik *****; been using fox lately and it's so damn easy lmao

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I hope I can go. Moving out Saturday morning, I'd have to find a pet friendly hotel for my badass cat to be able to make it. Might not work out

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Is that Qlex the same Qlex that does the Tetris exhibitions at Games Done Quick events? Cause if they are the same person, that's extremely baller that he's really good at two different games.

Also sup Linguini with your twitter. I don't follow many smashers on Twitter anymore, but if you tweet some other sick non-smash stuff, I'll definitely follow ya!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
**** dayve; i'm sure we could work something out lol
Dumb af absolutely no pets allowed at the tgl hotel. Was thinking about getting ****ed up, gambling, and ordering ufc 200 (even tho Jon Jones is out after failing a drug test) with a few peeps that wanted to crash but I have a ****ing pet.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Locke, it is the same person! Before doing the tetris thing at SGDQ (where I was reminded of him), he was without question the best EU ganon. Probably still is lol, not a whole lot of them out there.

lol Dave you could probably get away with bringing a cat in there, but good luck sneaking that little ****** in.

edit: almost forgot, local Chicago player hindawg released three MUST KNOW fox techniques. I feel this video would be good to study so we know what's coming from foxes in the future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lZcwGhrwFM

Couldn't resist

Last edited:
Top Bottom