• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
Don't know who all has heard about this (you SFL guys should have) but I think the Pichu debate is over.

The NEOH Pichu hero was outed as a fraud tampering with game files to buff Pichu and has been banned from the scene.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
As if there ever was a debate LOL. Imagine a region with only one Ganon thinking they have it all figured out. People never look at the big picture. Example: SFL has 5 peaches. Elliot is the only one that gets wins round 2 at nationals. But every peach plays against me, Tipman, spider_sense, and Emilio. So people are so surprised when linguini beats MacD cause they think he's retired and there's no peaches here. But they're good vs Ganon.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Some point this weekend I'm gonna update the Golden Nuggets thread with more recent information, if there is any really. I plan on doing this every month.

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
We had a little on the Puff mu last week.

Honestly, though, super big picture, it seems like the best Ganons also happen to be reading the mind of their opponents. Good Ganons get SO many reads...

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Went to a tournament today, placed fifth... not too happy about it lol. I got rocked by every peach I fought.

Funny how my complete lack of skill in the peach matchup makes it so some very mediocre peaches make me look like a scrub, while I can go somewhat even vs players like dart and vro just because of my skill in that matchup. Does that mean I'm actually really bad, but good at one matchup or really good and awful at certain matchups? Lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I did double Ganon with Ryan Ford today in Melee and double Ganon with Morks in PM, won both events. I'm in heaven.. the combos were too much for my soul lol

NoFluxes

Smash Rookie
Went to a tournament today, placed fifth... not too happy about it lol. I got rocked by every peach I fought.

Funny how my complete lack of skill in the peach matchup makes it so some very mediocre peaches make me look like a scrub, while I can go somewhat even vs players like dart and vro just because of my skill in that matchup. Does that mean I'm actually really bad, but good at one matchup or really good and awful at certain matchups? Lol
I'll get my rematch haha. Great set man, I hope someday we are fighting for the title of best Ganondorf in the Midwest..

Glennwood

Smash Cadet
NNID
nuclearglenn
Finally getting my next shot at redemption at the next local, both players that beat me in bracket will be there for once and I cannot wait to use everything I've learned from you guys over the past month. I promise a top 3 placing this time, wont settle for fifth. Only a fox and a falcon player I'm worried about. There's an annoying IC's but he's nothing without wobbling so I already have a game plan set out for him. Wish me luck gentlemen, I'll make sure they don't sleep on me a second time.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I'll get my rematch haha. Great set man, I hope someday we are fighting for the title of best Ganondorf in the Midwest..
Dude CLOSE ****ing set. Sick matches.

If you guys don't know, this is another Chicago ganon. Definitely better than me in some matchups, very even in skill and he's been playing for less than a YEAR!

Watch out for this guy.

tm

Smash Ace
Tbqh the cg is not much more difficult. The hard part is around 50%, the first regrab in that range is always a *****. People perceive the chaingrab being easier for sheik bc sheik just has a much easier time getting the first initial grab.

So basically just **** em, not your fault he sucks. Maybe he should try to understand that the mu isn't free if he doesn't know **** about it
It's not very difficult, but the dash behind JC grab requires a 1-frame input and is always subject to a small random chance of missing. Sheiks CG however does not require this, that combined with ganon being super big makes it much more forgiving.

Honestly I don't think fountain is a good stage. Unless you suck at neutral and kick *** at punishing. Depends on the sheik.
*raises hand*

Mr.Cochise

Smash Cadet
Went to tournament saturday was pissed how poorly I played in singles,but at least my partner and I got 5th in teams out of 24 teams. Only teams we lost to took 1st and 2nd respectively.

Last edited:

Mr.Cochise

Smash Cadet
Don't know who all has heard about this (you SFL guys should have) but I think the Pichu debate is over.

The NEOH Pichu hero was outed as a fraud tampering with game files to buff Pichu and has been banned from the scene.
Can we not talk about this as a resident NEOH player. :\

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
They lose to Ganon and try to diss Ganon after (toph, hugs). Except for laudandus (the third guy saying pichu is better), I doubt he's ever lost to Ganon because a) he plays sheik, and b) he's never played one

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
Act, I'd say the biggest weakness of the West Coast is that they ignore the entire rest of the world of Smash. FL is pretty dang good, the Midwest is pretty solid, even the East Coast is pretty good. The only thing is that the West Coast has Mang0 and MIOM, so they get overpublicized.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
the biggest weakness of the West Coast is that they ignore the entire rest of the world of Smash.
That's 50% of the source of of their Ganon weakness. But they're the strongest region for sure. And yeah FL is insane even without hbox. Wizzrobe is approaching #1 in the universe

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
Wizzy is getting ready to pull a Leffen. Except with an unviable character. Gotta wonder how Hax feels about that...

Not hating on Cali, but there's a LOT of talent everywhere else in the world.

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
I got upset by my brother last local. I played alright, but he played much better than he usually do. Thought you guys might like the ganon footage, perfect waveland up-angled ftilt might be a solid option to beat out aerial turnip approaches. Feedback is also appreciated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCoGkWx4Haw

NoFluxes

Smash Rookie
Dude CLOSE ****ing set. Sick matches.

If you guys don't know, this is another Chicago ganon. Definitely better than me in some matchups, very even in skill and he's been playing for less than a YEAR!

Watch out for this guy.
I'm going to get my name out there, especially when I start going to tournaments in other states in the midwest, it would be sick if I could make it to the big house... Yeah man, we're all fellow Ganon mains, I'd always give advice that could help another bro out. I'm great with the Peach and Falco match-ups.

Anyway, to anyone who doesn't know me here, I go by NoFluxes, I've only been playing competitively for a year now, people sleep on my Ganon all the time, watch me become a success. I'm gonna keep putting in work, I want to prove it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So I'm leaving SFL this weekend, going to Georgia first, then NC, then not sure what's next, most likely New Jersey for work. But I may be able to attend TGL on Saturday before I leave. If I do, I'm money matching n0ne in dittos. I go even with spider_sense, Tipman, and linguini (went even with RockCrock too) while drunk for the most part. Bets on me not getting 3-0'd?

:denzel:

He's a much better player than I am, but I literally have more experience in this matchup than anyone on Earth. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to get my name out there, especially when I start going to tournaments in other states in the midwest, it would be sick if I could make it to the big house... Yeah man, we're all fellow Ganon mains, I'd always give advice that could help another bro out. I'm great with the Peach and Falco match-ups.

Anyway, to anyone who doesn't know me here, I go by NoFluxes, I've only been playing competitively for a year now, people sleep on my Ganon all the time, watch me become a success. I'm gonna keep putting in work, I want to prove it.
Yo, you should come out to Indy. Relatively free.

Top Bottom