• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Maybe I just suck at the puff matchup lolz. Either way, I don't have high expectations for dudutsai, he's pretty good from what I can tell. But maybe he's as bad vs ganon as I am vs puff :troll:

L Linguini got a link for me? I didn't catch it, sounds like a good set. And yo yea spacies are the **** until you play kels. Aggro spacies is a fun mu, campy not so much.

-ACE- -ACE- yea maybe I'm just jumping too early because I always get clipped by side-b. I can only react with jab and even then. I feel like I'm mostly predicting when edge guarding spacies instead of reacting. I'll lab it up and get back on the grind.

Divinokage Divinokage how did you 4 stock abu? LOL wtf that dude camps hard as ****. What a scrub. And yo it's not like I think a puff who's worse than me can beat me (like peaches can), but I won't be able to necessarily beat out a puff who's better than me, as opposed to, say, a marth.

tm idk man, I've played peaches who I lose to just because I'm genuinely terrible at the matchup (like that guy at evo- I don't think he was better than me, that mu is unknown for me), but then I play peaches like 14k and you have to basically prepare to lose 1 game by default because he picks DL and camps you or FD and camps you. When a peach plays the matchup correctly, I think it's unwinnable on those stages. I could be mistaken though. And yea that seeding kinda annoys me. I feel like people who made it out last year should at least be considered for 3rd or 4th place seeding but it's whatever. Just gotta body these fools.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Ended up going Falcon instead of Ganon in my TMG Crew battle today. Got ****ing rocked lmao. Only took 2 stocks. Samus is weird, I got 0-deathed my first stock just cuz I couldn't figure out how to approach.

I think I'm gonna end up rocking Ganon/Falcon dual main for the foreseeable future. Ganon for Marth/Falco/maybe Fox and Falcon for the other characters

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I remember that Linguini beat Kels at Pound 4 and Kels camped hella hard in that set. Might have to watch that again soon.

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I remember that Linguini beat Kels at Pound 4 and Kels camped hella hard in that set. Might have to watch that again soon.
That was actually a sick set. Kage later beat him, too. Kels played so scared vs linguini LMAO everyone makes fun of him for it. Funniest **** ever was when I was playing him before FC (this is when I was still SUPER terrible at this game) and complaining about fox and he tells me

"you know why I'm winning? Because I'm reacting to everything you do. Ganon has nothing, I just have to react and I'll win. I lost to linguini at pound 4, got good, and beat Kage at mist."

"Yea, but if ganon has the reads..."

"Nah, I'm never losing to ganon again, I got that matchup figured out. Never losing again."

He proceeds to lose to Kage 3-1 at FC less than one week later. Kels is a buster and a god all in one.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Ended up going Falcon instead of Ganon in my TMG Crew battle today. Got ****ing rocked lmao. Only took 2 stocks. Samus is weird, I got 0-deathed my first stock just cuz I couldn't figure out how to approach.

I think I'm gonna end up rocking Ganon/Falcon dual main for the foreseeable future. Ganon for Marth/Falco/maybe Fox and Falcon for the other characters
Yo, ganon vs samus is pretty easy. It's a ***** to learn, but it's actually really fun and gets kinda deep once you learn it. Very read heavy (my favorite) and if you space well, you're golden. You can cop out on other matchups, but stick with the big man for samus. You'll thank me later.

Linguini

Smash Master
PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle Here's the set vs porkchops at 4 hrs 29 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DicfTaoceAw

For anyone looking how to play vs falco this is a pretty good example.

LOL me vs kels was ****ing hilarious....I remember poppin off right when I fisted him for the win and yelling something to the extent of "fvck that ***** as ****!" to his face rofl

Thing is back then I wasn't even that good against campy fox's. You just have to learn how to box them in when they're camping; essentially their cornering themselves, and that's when ganon is at his best.

Aggro fox's that play the matchup right like colbol are much harder imo

tm

Smash Ace
Maybe I just suck at the puff matchup lolz. Either way, I don't have high expectations for dudutsai, he's pretty good from what I can tell. But maybe he's as bad vs ganon as I am vs puff :troll:

L Linguini got a link for me? I didn't catch it, sounds like a good set. And yo yea spacies are the **** until you play kels. Aggro spacies is a fun mu, campy not so much.

-ACE- -ACE- yea maybe I'm just jumping too early because I always get clipped by side-b. I can only react with jab and even then. I feel like I'm mostly predicting when edge guarding spacies instead of reacting. I'll lab it up and get back on the grind.

Divinokage Divinokage how did you 4 stock abu? LOL wtf that dude camps hard as ****. What a scrub. And yo it's not like I think a puff who's worse than me can beat me (like peaches can), but I won't be able to necessarily beat out a puff who's better than me, as opposed to, say, a marth.

tm idk man, I've played peaches who I lose to just because I'm genuinely terrible at the matchup (like that guy at evo- I don't think he was better than me, that mu is unknown for me), but then I play peaches like 14k and you have to basically prepare to lose 1 game by default because he picks DL and camps you or FD and camps you. When a peach plays the matchup correctly, I think it's unwinnable on those stages. I could be mistaken though. And yea that seeding kinda annoys me. I feel like people who made it out last year should at least be considered for 3rd or 4th place seeding but it's whatever. Just gotta body these fools.
Lol dude, even I can take games off Abu, he hardly camps in that MU at all. I actually have more trouble against low level puffs that just poke & retreat with safe aerials. I know there's not much evidence for it but I definitely think that's one of ganon's worst MUs.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Lol dude, even I can take games off Abu, he hardly camps in that MU at all. I actually have more trouble against low level puffs that just poke & retreat with safe aerials. I know there's not much evidence for it but I definitely think that's one of ganon's worst MUs.
^ The above jokester and I have never played in tournament, so I'm just basing it off friendlies where he mostly wins. It might be doable, but stages play a huge difference? Idk

I just don't know how to wall him out with bairs and stuff like that, it seems like the spacing game is so much easier for puff. And jiggs gets so much more mileage off of a hit than ganon does in that matchup.

And I find that the poke and retreat puffs are actually easier because you can shield and guess where they're gonna be with one of your four cardinal aerials.

PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle Here's the set vs porkchops at 4 hrs 29 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DicfTaoceAw

For anyone looking how to play vs falco this is a pretty good example.

LOL me vs kels was ****ing hilarious....I remember poppin off right when I fisted him for the win and yelling something to the extent of "fvck that ***** as ****!" to his face rofl

Thing is back then I wasn't even that good against campy fox's. You just have to learn how to box them in when they're camping; essentially their cornering themselves, and that's when ganon is at his best.

Aggro fox's that play the matchup right like colbol are much harder imo
Pretty beast set with Clay. Really liking that shield laser --> full hop up air --> dj fair tech too, it makes a nice wall. I'm super slow on my reactions out of shield vs falco, so I just eat the laser.

LOOOOL as soon as I read that, the disappointed kels face popped up in my head. Too good. We love Kelly in Chicago, but we also love to see him get bodied.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
im sick of u **** talking me u fuking noob, come find me at big house and ill fuking end u kid
**** talking? Im just showing the Ganons here that they are doing something wrong in the matchup and that there's much potential in the matchup. If you dont like getting 4 stocked, see me in tournament!! If you wreck all the other Ganons then im not going to sit here and do nothing about it!!

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Seriously though.

4 stock?

Lmao.

PaperstSoapCo PaperstSoapCo good matches last night, you really got into hydra's head. We need to play soon, I definitely want to mess around with netplay too.
I dont know.. i said plenty of times, my skill level sometimes is insanity but sometimes im terrible.. lol. I have to tap in that superior power a lot more though and I have an idea how. Taking care of myself physically is one very important thing which i neglected for 1 year and i should play more often.

Last edited:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Yo, ganon vs samus is pretty easy. It's a ***** to learn, but it's actually really fun and gets kinda deep once you learn it. Very read heavy (my favorite) and if you space well, you're golden. You can cop out on other matchups, but stick with the big man for samus. You'll thank me later.
Yeah I just wanted the extra mobility as Falcon for a MU that I have absolutely no experience in, plus my Falcon was playing really well yesterday and my Ganon was kinda sloppy. I played friendlies with the better of the two samuses after the crew battle ended and I think I'm gonna stick with Ganon for the MU in the future.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
20GT is like the mafia. If linguini keeps attending tournaments I may have to promote him to underboss or consigliere. For now, he'll do as my #1 Capo.

Honestly I wanted to find Ganondorf with a troll face for a while lmao.

Last edited:

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
**** talking? Im just showing the Ganons here that they are doing something wrong in the matchup and that there's much potential in the matchup. If you dont like getting 4 stocked, see me in tournament!! If you wreck all the other Ganons then im not going to sit here and do nothing about it!!
u big noob always mentioning the 4 stock, but never mention i pwn that ass game 1 every time. next time we play ima 8 stock that fraud ass, ganon is unviable

edit: ganon sux

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
u big noob always mentioning the 4 stock, but never mention i pwn that *** game 1 every time. next time we play ima 8 stock that fraud ***, ganon is unviable

So let me get this straight.

You got.

4 STOCKED

By an unviable character?

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
u big noob always mentioning the 4 stock, but never mention i pwn that *** game 1 every time. next time we play ima 8 stock that fraud ***, ganon is unviable

You must be proud of taking a game off an unviable character. <--- This is ****talk.

Mentioning the 4 stocked is just something that happened. lol.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Lol dude, even I can take games off Abu, he hardly camps in that MU at all. I actually have more trouble against low level puffs that just poke & retreat with safe aerials.
I feel the same way man. I can take games in friendlies (never played the ranked puffs in tournament) off the two ranked puffs in my region. But then I play a random puff and lose 2-0 for the reasons you mentioned. I think I just need to learn several styles to combat the campy puffs.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Here is me vs ESAM in the crew battle this past weekend. I definitely could have had it when I had 2 stocks and finished it, but it was choke city once I started ti miss my opportunities. I had a lot of really narrow misses and I felt pretty bad about this one. Feel free to critique this one, as it's really short:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Linguini vs M2K, at 1:30... Remember guys both sheik's and peach's dsmashes can eat ANY walltech option if the first frame of hitbox lands.

Regular tech, up-b vs top players.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
PSA: YOU CANNOT CROUCH CANCEL FALCO'S LASER! I did tests on this before and the difference between CCing a laser and not CCing a laser is nil, nothing. So it's best that you just shield lasers or try to powershield them ,as you can act quicker. Getting hit by a laser will always put you in 14 frames of stun to where you can't do anything. If you shield it, it's only 7 frames. If you powershield it, it's 0 frames. Again, I tested ASDI down and CCing lasers and it DOES NOT WORK, so please, stop saying to do that as it's a waste of an input.

Happy now PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle ?

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Linguini vs M2K, at 1:30... Remember guys both sheik's and peach's dsmashes can eat ANY walltech option if the first frame of hitbox lands.

Regular tech, up-b vs top players.
This is not true if you choose to BAIR instead of up-b when you get the wall-jump tech option. This past weekend when I went to Clemson for TMG, I played a Sheik in friendlies a bunch and my teching at the ledge was on point. Each time he would dsmash me at the ledge, I would wall jump tech bair him and it would TRADE, meaning that I could safely get back on stage after that, but you gotta be hella fast on that bair. It's 100% possible and doing it in those friendlies made me realize that it was possible to do.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Are you sure he's hitting you with the first frame of hitbox? I always get hit out when they do, and Magus420 tested it and made a post about how it can always hit you out. I dunno.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
PSA: YOU CANNOT CROUCH CANCEL FALCO'S LASER! I did tests on this before and the difference between CCing a laser and not CCing a laser is nil, nothing. So it's best that you just shield lasers or try to powershield them ,as you can act quicker. Getting hit by a laser will always put you in 14 frames of stun to where you can't do anything. If you shield it, it's only 7 frames. If you powershield it, it's 0 frames. Again, I tested ASDI down and CCing lasers and it DOES NOT WORK, so please, stop saying to do that as it's a waste of an input.

Happy now PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle ?
This is legitimately mind blowing to me. Is this true for all characters or only ganon? I need to go to my buddy's 20xx setup and test out hitstun

Edit: I just can't wrap my head around it as all the ganons (including linguini, most knowledgeable ganon vs falco) have been saying to cc laser and then jab from the edge (for example). Not saying I don't believe you, I just need more confirmation.

Paging PaperstSoapCo PaperstSoapCo and @Magus420 is Locke's claim regarding the inability to cc lasers correct?

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So anything that has the kb of a laser, or less, cannot be CC'd? That's crazy since it's been "common knowledge" that crouching reduces hitlag (of presumably all moves) by 1/3 since the dawn of time lol.

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
So anything that has the kb of a laser, or less, cannot be CC'd? That's crazy since it's been "common knowledge" that crouching reduces hitlag (of presumably all moves) by 1/3 since the dawn of time lol.
If anything, I'd gamble to say that it's only true for lasers and it's a special property of them because I have been cc'ing jabs etc and I know for a fact that you can cc a fox jab so that it doesn't lead into upsmash at higher %

Top Bottom