• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
DI question.

Does anyone have an explanation for when SDI drastically reduces kb? I often survive hits when I'm like 50% over KO%. Like sheik fairs, falco bairs, etc. Anyone ever stomped a spacey at like 150% and they hardly popped up at all, so you fair them in-combo? That's what I'm talking about. I have been sheik slapped at like 120% and SURVIVED and I'm pretty sure all I did was get 2 SDI inputs (I slam toward and immediately rotate upwards) and it was an easy down-b dj recovery. I'm sure you guys have seen this. I'd love to know what causes it.

It may seem like a fluke thing but I got it twice in one game yesterday.

Last edited:

tm

Smash Ace
DI question.

Does anyone have an explanation for when SDI drastically reduces kb? I often survive hits when I'm like 50% over KO%. Like sheik fairs, falco bairs, etc. Anyone ever stomped a spacey at like 150% and they hardly popped up at all, so you fair them in-combo? That's what I'm talking about. I have been sheik slapped at like 120% and SURVIVED and I'm pretty sure all I did was get 2 SDI inputs (I slam toward and immediately rotate upwards) and it was an easy down-b dj recovery. I'm sure you guys have seen this. I'd love to know what causes it.

It may seem like a fluke thing but I got it twice in one game yesterday.
SDI can never actually reduce knockback, just change your starting position. There's no magic factor, just a combination of the attack, SDI, and trajectory DI. Like you said, it might have been mutliple SDI to get that little bit of extra distance. Or the move was possibly staled, making it weaker than you expected.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
This doesn't seem like SDI, but seems to be caused by it somehow. This is a DRASTIC change I'm talking about. Stomping fox at almost 200% and combo'ing into fair as if he was at 50% is insane. There's something else to this.

Don't ever give up, SDI every hit.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
@ -ACE- -ACE- the sheik ****, I have no idea about. What tm said was correct though about SDI as far as I'm aware.

As for the stomp at 150%, yea that **** happens to me too. It's a "true" crouch cancel lol. Watch hbox play against falcons. When he misses a rest at zero, they try to stomp and he just techs it immediately into the ground. That's what's happening to you. Whether your opponent is doing it intentionally or not is anyone's guess lol.

Edit: ****ING GOD DAMMIT. Why windycitysmash WHY? They deleted all their vods!!! I had a match with ORLY where I wf spiked his falcon kick recovery and taunted by perfect wavedash-moonwalking across FoD. I put the link up a week or so ago PLEASE tell me someone here saw it so you know I'm not bull****ting.

God dammit @ Coastward Coastward I guess it's just recorded sets now :(

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
This doesn't seem like SDI, but seems to be caused by it somehow. This is a DRASTIC change I'm talking about. Stomping fox at almost 200% and combo'ing into fair as if he was at 50% is insane. There's something else to this.

Don't ever give up, SDI every hit.
Ya that sounds like Crouch Cancel DI, there's stuff you can tech out of nowhere if you do this. Its sick. Its pretty much Amsah tech expanded to all moves. Use that ****, anything to keep Ganon from dying off-stage is amazing.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Same **** can happen vs aerial attacks. Not kidding. Like WTF I'm not dead moments. I don't quite have my head wrapped around it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Last edited:

iRanch

Smash Cadet
why is there no talk about how im gonna be better than all of u

Haven't posted in a while. CEO was fun, but I didn't feel like going the next day so i missed hanging with all the Ganon homies and got like no friendlies in :(

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I guess to restate/reword my question...

There seems to be something that occasionally reduces kb that is NOT ASDI (allegedly the only thing that affects kb). Simply holding the control stick registers ASDI just fine, but never causes this phenomenon to occur. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this when SDI'ing an aerial attack (near the ledge, no teching involved). Admittedly I think I have only experienced this when I get 2 SDI inputs and even then not every time.

I may be crazy (debatable lol) but every bit of game sense I have tells me there is another mechanic that can reduce kb. I have wondered this for a while but my curiosity never really overpowered my view of its importance.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
@ -ACE- -ACE- I've experienced this as well. I'm lead to believe that you got a god-like DI or something that makes the trajectory become greatly reduced when you get hit in the air. It could also be because the move you got hit with was really stale AND you DIed it well. But that's just in theory for the moment.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah... Like against a sheik fair, I'd normally (mid%) slam up and slightly in, getting good survival DI following one SDI in that same direction. If I feel the fair has a good chance of being lethal, I'll slam forward and rotate to survival DI for extra SDI inputs (I figure being higher up and closer to the stage can't hurt no matter how little the distance). It's when I do this latter tech that it happens, but not every time; I could be doing something by accident.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I notice it with Sheik's fair as well. I remember watching a vid of Bizzarro vs a Sheik and he was at like 120% or something and he went hardly anywhere when he got faired. I've even experienced this as well playing vs Sheiks that like to spam fair a lot. Sheik's fair is really interesting because it is soooooooooo DI dependent. Much like Ganon's f-smash.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Oh, also in case anyone is curious, yes Ganondorf CAN fair through Samus' fully charged Charge Shot. Fair is broken in that matchup lol

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Actually bair doesn't eliminate the charge shot itself. The charge shot will keep moving even if you hit it with bair. Fair is the only aerial that will completely stop the charge shot dead in its tracks.

Coastward

Smash Lord
1 win away from getting top 16 at EXP!

best ive played at a regional so thats a nice change for once. lost to a fox and then eliminated bt a peach.

see u nerds at big house :)

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
Plz guys one of you win EVO.

Send Leffen flying all the way back to Sweden with a well spaced Ganondorf fair.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Tipman and Smilez have an intense last stock situation. After like 2 minutes of Tipman sending Smilez off stage and not finishing edgeguards, he gets upsmashed raw in neutral at 92% and dies. :/

I would have been so ****ing salty in that position.

Top Bottom