• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
mm *****es **** you *****s
I'm usually pretty good at translating trail **** talk*, but... I'm at a loss here. Lol.

Good **** linguini. Not sure where your "I'm so bad now" beliefs stem from. I saw a couple minor noob things, but nothing a week in the lab max couldn't fix.

* This and the ability to do a kels impressions come with the Chicago smash territory.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
real talk, we actually need to go to a tournament WHERE EVERYONE REACHES.

i wanna money match you guys, i've made my own hitlist.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I would love to MM Trail. I remember from a long time ago that he was one of the nicest smashboards member who would always encourage newcomers and give them tips. He even helped people with low self esteem by having his old "Kisses for the Haters" signature.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
never played a really good ganon before, so jumping straight to kage was quite the experience. learned a lot about my bad habits just from a few games. wonder how i'd stack up against the rest of the ganons after that. guess i just need to travel out of state more. i'm at a point where it's hard for me to improve my tech skill much more. just gotta play the game way more and study optimal punishes.

SwiftNinjaBlackMan

Smash Apprentice
Quick question does marth's sword become one with his hitbox/hurtbox (idk what its called) when he up b's? Everytime i try to land an up tilt edgeguard his sword just hits me is there a way around this?

Coastward

Smash Lord
Quick question does marth's sword become one with his hitbox/hurtbox (idk what its called) when he up b's? Everytime i try to land an up tilt edgeguard his sword just hits me is there a way around this?
first off, dont utilt marth's up-b LOL. there's a very little chance you'll get it.

second off, his hitbox does overlap his hurtbox so you can hit the sword during the up-b.

n0ne

Smash Ace
How to Dodgeball
*Turnip Edition

http://youtu.be/YBm6TQ_CSFg?a

From last week, in case anyone wants to learn how to play
(Not greatest quality)

Peach aint got nothin on dorf if u can persistently throw her **** back at her
No turnips, 70>30 MU for dorf

Last edited:

n0ne

Smash Ace
My r button is starting to mess up, sd on first stock and i think a couple more throughout set

wasnt too precise with dorf this time around, but its good showcase of i believe one of the best item throws of the whole roster

Idk why ppl dont abuse turnips this way against peach

Last edited:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I just spent about 3 hours playing against a local Sheik with about a 35-40% win rate with my Fox, then at the very end I asked him to do a 3/5 Ganon vs Sheik to see how it would go and I beat him 3-2 with a 3 game comeback and a 3 stock in game 4.

I don't know what to think anymore.

Might end up going Ganon for some MUs this weekend.

Coastward

Smash Lord
I just spent about 3 hours playing against a local Sheik with about a 35-40% win rate with my Fox, then at the very end I asked him to do a 3/5 Ganon vs Sheik to see how it would go and I beat him 3-2 with a 3 game comeback and a 3 stock in game 4.

I don't know what to think anymore.

Might end up going Ganon for some MUs this weekend.
thats a sign that you identify with ganondorf's package.

My r button is starting to mess up, sd on first stock and i think a couple more throughout set

wasnt too precise with dorf this time around, but its good showcase of i believe one of the best item throws of the whole roster

apparently you didnt go all ganon against kyle last weekend? YOU'RE A LIAR AND A TRAITOR. i honestly think you can beat him if you just go all ganon, since you won the only match with ganon.

n0ne

Smash Ace
thats a sign that you identify with ganondorf's package.

apparently you didnt go all ganon against kyle last weekend? YOU'RE A LIAR AND A TRAITOR. i honestly think you can beat him if you just go all ganon, since you won the only match with ganon.
Idk, someone was yelling in the venue asking who had lost a credit card mid match last game, and i couldnt ignore it (since last time i lost my citizenship card at the a&c venue) so i had to lean back and see what the fuss was about and all of a sudden i felt my controller rumbling and then look at the screen and it was because i had gotten rested. That was on winners finals, yoshis story i think. I went ganon the whole tourney except for that and GFs. Then i went dorf and i couldnt concentrate anymore cuz of all the crazy events happening and i SDed twice iirc

Legit johns i suppose

Edit: heres my LFs set vs Hammertime (Iceys)
http://youtu.be/PxuGjuT4CXw

@ L Linguini Jose and Alfredo say hi, from nicaragua

Last edited:

n0ne

Smash Ace
Yea i know u di down to get out of the dair , but then u have to do another up b, so instead i try to di in and into the ledge to aim for a tech

tm

Smash Ace
Everytime i try to land an up tilt edgeguard his sword just hits me is there a way around this?
i try to land an up tilt edgeguard his sword just hits me
up tilt edgeguard
... uh huh

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
yeah it's hella easy too. but i found it can have its drawbacks. i played a set with mafia, a good peach in ma and he would space himself in such a way that catching a turnip would either put me in my shield or get me punished. so i feel like sometimes it's better to just let the turnip bounce off your shield and either jump up to catch it if you can get away with it or react defensively oos. maybe even drop it really quick/throw it in midair and land with an aerial depending on the situation.

Last edited:

GanonMaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dragmirejr
LOL, I thought this thread was dead since I haven't gotten any notifications from it :/

well, traveling to apex soon, so friendly me ******* :)

Coastward

Smash Lord
LOL, I thought this thread was dead since I haven't gotten any notifications from it :/

well, traveling to apex soon, so friendly me *****es :)
yo dude, watch out for nightmare in your pool.

he's a buddy of mine and the latest winner of our arcadian. we play often so he's been getting a strong grasp on the MU, but we still go even.

have fun :)

n0ne

Smash Ace
yeah it's hella easy too. but i found it can have its drawbacks. i played a set with mafia, a good peach in ma and he would space himself in such a way that catching a turnip would either put me in my shield or get me punished. so i feel like sometimes it's better to just let the turnip bounce off your shield and either jump up to catch it if you can get away with it or react defensively oos. maybe even drop it really quick/throw it in midair and land with an aerial depending on the situation.
what?
ure not supposed to grab it grounded
the obvious perk to the way im doing it is so u can stay mobile while grabbing

Top Bottom