• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
ian looked kinda pissed tho
Well losing sucks, all I gotta say. If your opponent pops off in that state, of course you'll be pissed. Kinda like Hbox popping off after a win, is it BM every time or it just means that much more because he did well in front of thousands?

Though on twitter Matt said: "@Kagethewarrior I beat a ganon using the Kage tag" Didnt even say his name.. lol That's BM.

Coastward

Smash Lord
Well losing sucks, all I gotta say. If your opponent pops off in that state, of course you'll be pissed. Kinda like Hbox popping off after a win, is it BM every time or it just means that much more because he did well in front of thousands?

Though on twitter Matt said: "@Kagethewarrior I beat a ganon using the Kage tag" Didnt even say his name.. lol That's BM.
well like, he popped off during the handshake...

but yeah, i know ian couldve beaten him. he dropped mega edgeguards.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Got first place today in the first tournament here in Peterborough (where I'm going to school). Lost WFs 3-2 (first 4 games Fox against Sheik, game 5 I tried Ganon on Yoshi's and it didn't work out to well), then won LFs 3-1 (first two games Fox vs Falco, he CPed me to FD for Game 3 so I went Mewtwo and then I went Ganon when he CPed me to Yoshi's for game 4) then won the first set of GFs 3-1 with Ganon vs Sheik and then won GF2 3-0 Ganon vs Sheik. I no longer have any idea what to do when it comes to character selection.

Tough break for Ian losing to MDZ :( How close was it?

Bwmat

Smash Ace
lol mewto in LFs

Nice job winning in ganon V shiek, it's a struggle.

Just pick your main unless you have good reason not to (other player's main is a terrible matchup, you just lost hard as your main, etc). For me I always start off ganon, and sometimes if I lose hard I switch to fox. Usually I regret switching though,

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Yeah, I could have seen him taking it. Damn it.

It's always been possible IMO, you just have to be playing reaaally well. Not drop anything.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I actually don't think Bizz swagged too hard, I think he played really well in neutral and didn't do anything out of line. He maximized his punishes pretty well and his edgeguards were pretty decent but could have been more clean.

In other news today, I summoned my inner @ Divinokage Divinokage when I played vs a Puff main in my city that I had struggle to beat in the past before. I beat him 3-1 in a ladder match using all Ganondorf. It just clicked for me. The Puff matchup is now doable in my eyes and I'm so happy about it. My mentality was great too. I never got upset with any mistake I made, and just laughed it off and continued on. I kept calm the entire time and never did anything rash. Felt really good to finally beat him.

I had gone Doc against him before because of me not believing that Ganon can do it, but then my neutral just got a LOT better and I grabbed Puff a lot more and got so much mileage out of it. I even got a lot of upairs on him while he was above me. I'm just really happy that a matchup that I thought was impossible with Ganon for myself was conquered today. This gives me great hope continuing into the future.

I'll be really happy to write a Puff write-up, cause I definitely played the match really well and I knew exactly what I was doing.

Coastward

Smash Lord
there were a few moment where a fair would have just gotten him a stock but he went for some other random move because it was gonna look cool.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
i wish it went to game 5 so baddddd.

sick match though, ian went tryhard mode game 3. i could see the russian swag in his eyes.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
man, I really want to improve my ganon lately. I wanna get top 3 at a local again. Actually live up to everyone's delusion that I'm the best ganon in canada.

halp. How do I beat good players who know the matchup

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
i wish it went to game 5 so baddddd.

sick match though, ian went tryhard mode game 3. i could see the russian swag in his eyes.
Yeah it was a bit disappointing that he couldn't take a game

btw @Eikelmann what did you yell in Russian before the match? The stream cut out and also I don't speak Russian.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
figured something out on battlefield, although it's probably already known.

If you're on one of the lower platforms, and you roll to the edge, if you fall through the platform and aerial while holding towards the ledge, you'll ledge cancel (and grab the edge if you don't do anything else).

Might be useful with up-air or down-air to edgeguard if you're not sure whether they're going to try for the stage. Also, you can waveland on the platform from the middle, roll, and up-air/back-air pretty quickly.

CupofT

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3738-0810-2101
Hope this is the right spot to ask this:

How do I practice wavelands? (Bizzaro wavelands too fast)
Or more generally, how do I improve my Ganondorf movement?

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Hope this is the right spot to ask this:

How do I practice wavelands? (Bizzaro wavelands too fast)
Or more generally, how do I improve my Ganondorf movement?
haha, I just made a video with my phone showing what I usually do between stocks or when I'm practicing (which is rare), but the quality is horrible and it's 200 megs so eh. If you want it, gimme somewhere to upload it, but you probably don't.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
figured something out on battlefield, although it's probably already known.

If you're on one of the lower platforms, and you roll to the edge, if you fall through the platform and aerial while holding towards the ledge, you'll ledge cancel (and grab the edge if you don't do anything else).

Might be useful with up-air or down-air to edgeguard if you're not sure whether they're going to try for the stage. Also, you can waveland on the platform from the middle, roll, and up-air/back-air pretty quickly.
This was discovered by Tipman about 5-6 years ago. You can do 3 bairs or uairs that way also. Situational but good to know.

Top Bottom