• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

godslafco

Smash Cadet
I live my life vicariously through Ganondorf, and he runs Lenox Ave in my mind.

And Ganondorf definitely likes the tech chase against Falco, but messing up is no bueno. The opportunities you can force against a good Falco tend to leave you wanting just one more mistake from them. Capitan can force it a bit more I think with his ability to close distance and put out a lot of attacks that are barely touching Falco.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well then I guess I'm going to have to try to take the reigns and try to help since I think I should do that at this point. I'm not usually super at theory but I'll try to relate my experience as much as I can. =)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Your advice is usually pretty solid kage. You know I'll help contribute too. Unfortunately I'm good with theory but can't wreck face quite like you/linguini/rock lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Your advice is usually pretty solid kage. You know I'll help contribute too. Unfortunately I usually know what to do but can't wreck face quite like you/linguini/rock
Well, I think it's usually because the pace that the better players have is extremely quick and having good reaction time is a must. When you know which attacks coming next and counter them with an attack it's usually devastating and it's so cool. =P I can't quit Ganon not even for Falcon..

And well of course your advices are good too. =)

Sim

Smash Apprentice
Get stoned.

Apparently it helps. Some others get JV5'd though. :p

> Not to mention I get nervous for no reason in tourney and my tech skill starts sucking lol

Well, ain't got much tourney experience behind me, but right off the bat I can tell that when you're focusing on tech skill while playing, it becomes actually harder to pull it off. I have a much easier time pulling off tech skill when I'm focusing on something else. That might explain why some tech skill goes away in tourney/tense moments: you might be focusing on things you aren't focusing on normally, and you then start losing control of your tech skill because you haven't the same concentration level as when you're actually playing normally.

Not saying it's a bad thing. I guess one just has to learn how to deal with those things. ;)

godslafco

Smash Cadet
Against mid weight, and some shorter characters I'll nair and DI into the enemy especially if they're behind me. Well until I remember how situational it is. and that and maybe as a surprise OOS option if can't get off dair safely.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I love watching your Ganon G. Vice
Thanks Palpi. I see alot of my mistakes from that set...getting too aggressive is not good lol.

But yes, he is campy SS, I guess you gotta kinda camp him right back or he demolishes you.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Thanks Palpi. I see alot of my mistakes from that set...getting too aggressive is not good lol.

But yes, he is campy SS, I guess you gotta kinda camp him right back or he demolishes you.
Yeah when I played him, I beat him, but the matches were mad close and intense and over a dollar lulz. But he's very good...hell you both are. Especially since you're able to go back and forth so consistently. I just know that uairs demolish considerable approach M2 has.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yeah when I played him, I beat him, but the matches were mad close and intense and over a dollar lulz. But he's very good...hell you both are. Especially since you're able to go back and forth so consistently. I just know that uairs demolish considerable approach M2 has.
A dollar is big money man! Lol but yeah dude, we have really close matches with all our characters, we just like to record M2/ Ganon since it's the best match-up we got! Props on beating him dude...he's so good. So is ihsb too though.

Thanks for the props :D

Linguini

Smash Master
My bad guys, I haven't been keeping track of this thread lately but i'll make an effort to stay on top of it from now on.

Addressing some things,

At pound I was playing like @sshole and therefore lost sets that should have been free and didn't make it out of pools :(. The players I lost to were playing on point though, so they deserve their wins over me. Just to clear it up I lost to plank and kk in close sets 1-2, it's not like ganon vs sheik is thattt bad, the sets def. felt winnable to me.

Unfortunately i'm going through a tight time in my life where I need to focus on school and getting a job since my family is in a bad financial situation. I don't have the time or money to be traveling OOS for a least a good while, and even if I had the funds it's not like i'd be ready(haven't been training much). I will still be regularly attending FL tournaments tho so no worries. Hopefully next semester i'll be in a better situation and be able to travel again.

Still playing ganon though(messing around whith other chars. for a bit doesn't mean I dropped him lol), and you can expect my combo video to be coming out soon!

By the end of this month hopefully LOL

BTW i'm usually stoned throughout any torunament I go to haha, i'm just so accustomed to playing high so it makes me pretty beast. I always smoke with kage and my boy hax$ at big tourneys. Drinking on the other hand makes me terribad

G. Vice

Smash Lord
My bad guys, I haven't been keeping track of this thread lately but i'll make an effort to stay on top of it from now on.

Addressing some things,

At pound I was playing like @sshole and therefore lost sets that should have been free and didn't make it out of pools :(. The players I lost to were playing on point though, so they deserve their wins over me. Just to clear it up I lost to plank and kk in close sets 1-2, it's not like ganon vs sheik is thattt bad, the sets def. felt winnable to me.

Unfortunately i'm going through a tight time in my life where I need to focus on school and getting a job since my family is in a bad financial situation. I don't have the time or money to be traveling OOS for a least a good while, and even if I had the funds it's not like i'd be ready(haven't been training much). I will still be regularly attending FL tournaments tho so no worries. Hopefully next semester i'll be in a better situation and be able to travel again.

Still playing ganon though(messing around whith other chars. for a bit doesn't mean I dropped him lol), and you can expect my combo video to be coming out soon!

By the end of this month hopefully LOL

BTW i'm usually stoned throughout any torunament I go to haha, i'm just so accustomed to playing high so it makes me pretty beast. I always smoke with kage and my boy hax$ at big tourneys. Drinking on the other hand makes me terribad
School definitely has to trump smash...believe me, my RN certification test next year will vouch for that. But glad to hear that you're not quitting. My combo video comes out soon too! I definitely look forward to your new one though.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Zane: good set man, sorta wish you had been more aggressive at times but nice nonetheless. What's the deal on devour 2?

Emilio: looking foward to your vid as well. don't sweat p5, plank ***** everyone loool. Good luck with your situation.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Zane: good set man, sorta wish you had been more aggressive at times but nice nonetheless. What's the deal on devour 2?

Emilio: looking foward to your vid as well. don't sweat p5, plank ***** everyone loool. Good luck with your situation.
Devour 2 is in the works. All the clips have been compiled, the music's been chosen, and my crew mate Arbustos is making it in his down time from school.

Yeah, Iori has me nervous about being aggressive since he always capitalizes so well on me for it, so I did get really campy for a while there. I also learned a lot from watching that set, so maybe next time it'll go better.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

I find it strange that Linguini had Plank in his pools one more time.. Coincidence? Convenience? lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ya against Marth, when I play Vwins he does a DI where I have to Nair for a combo or else if i try to Bair then ill get hit by a fair. This is like from 0-20.
You could y'know...chaingrab him? It's completely legit in that percent range. Whenever I grab Marth at 0, I basically chaingrab him until his percent gets to like 25% or so (if they DI inwards all the time, just keep doing it). Then I finish the combo with an aerial for like over 40%.

So, anybody applying nair at all?
I actually do use N-air. In fact I do use N-air to combo after D-throw at low percents. It's just an alternative to U-air that hits people at a slightly higher angle, which can be better for juggles.

N-air oos is also situationally useful

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You only have 1 regrab (2 if you start at 0% and you're perfect with it) that's 100% guaranteed vs marth unless he DI's behind (if he DI's behind you can cg to ridiculous %). But yeah I just up-angled ftilt in that situation, more damage than nair and it's quick to hit and quick to cooldown for an easier follow up.

godslafco

Smash Cadet
When I was just starting up with Ganon I wanted to use nair all the time, I still use it more than most, but it doesn't usually pay off. SO situational.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You only have 1 regrab (2 if you start at 0% and you're perfect with it) that's 100% guaranteed vs marth unless he DI's behind (if he DI's behind you can cg to ridiculous %). But yeah I just up-angled ftilt in that situation, more damage than nair and it's quick to hit and quick to cooldown for an easier follow up.
Yeah, that's technically true, but I don't know a Marth user who gets out of the CG before 20%. They almost never try to jump out, and usually trying to time an aerial isn't fast enough to avoid the grab.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yeah, that's technically true, but I don't know a Marth user who gets out of the CG before 20%. They almost never try to jump out, and usually trying to time an aerial isn't fast enough to avoid the grab.
I dont know but it doesn't work on Vwins at all. Only the first grab at 0 usually works after that its risky.

Linguini

Smash Master
I find it strange that Linguini had Plank in his pools one more time.. Coincidence? Convenience? lol
Yeah I was in his round 2 pools at pound 4.....I was thinking there was something fishy at the time but didn't bother to make an issue out of it lol.....smh

In terms of grabbing marth at 0 nair will work if they barely DI, and the cg works sometimes but most marths get out of it on reaction. I like to use uairs because it sets up for easy juggles, but like ace said up angled ftilt is good too. If you're feeling spicy and they dont/di in front you can jab to uair.

Top Bottom