• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Oh **** that's ace's brother on Facebook? Lol that makes sense now. I thought he was just an idiot at first.

And yeah honestly that's what I did for awhile. It was also because I was addicted to Ganon because he's so much fun. He'll still always be in my pocket at least.... The dilemma between banning dl or yoshi's

Dorsey2

Smash Rookie
I'm mming your brother if I ever see him lol
You're in Massachusetts apparently?? I'm in New Jersey. A one thousand dollar MM is awaiting you here. After I 4 stock you I'll probably give back your gas money so you can go back to whatever gay Yankee state you came from.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
You're in Massachusetts apparently?? I'm in New Jersey. A one thousand dollar MM is awaiting you here. After I 4 stock you I'll probably give back your gas money so you can go back to whatever gay Yankee state you came from.
Will you still give me back my gas money when I quad stomp you?

How long are you in NJ for?

Dorsey2

Smash Rookie
and ganon dittos obviously. With how much you post on this forum, you should give me a real challenge!! Lmfao!!

tm

Smash Ace
my record is stomp into killing efficiently with good execution and the smallest chance of counterplay

:070:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Just saying, publicly, that Jason "spider sense" Grice did NOT hit me up tonight.

He is obviously scared of the beating my rusty Ganon will surely give him, even though I lost my good controller and can no longer backdash/chaingrab well. It must be my unabridged mastery of spacing that continues to give him nightmares.

:denzel:

Tipman, being the brave soldier he is, is willing to weather the storm tomorrow (fighting my Ganon). What a badass.

Last edited:

Duel

Smash Apprentice
At what percent can I escape Sheik's CG? Also, what is the optimal DI to get out? I thought it was DI up all the way but i seem to still be getting grabbed later than I should be.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
At what percent can I escape Sheik's CG? Also, what is the optimal DI to get out? I thought it was DI up all the way but i seem to still be getting grabbed later than I should be.
Around 55-60ish start doing slight DI behind and slight DI forward to make Ganon go exactly straight up from the dthrow. Make it so the sheik player has trouble choosing which direction to grab. She'll miss eventually or have to try some utilt into fair ****. SDI the utilt behind unless you're near ledge and it's going to put you offstage. That way it's at least possible you'll only eat a bair. Eating a fair isn't the end of the world either. Unless you're close to ledge (you'll go offstage aka dead), it often gives you the ledge for free.

Last edited:

tm

Smash Ace
Around 55-60ish start doing slight DI behind and slight DI forward to make Ganon go exactly straight up from the dthrow. Make it so the sheik player has trouble choosing which direction to grab. She'll miss eventually or have to try some utilt into fair ****. SDI the utilt behind unless you're near ledge and it's going to put you offstage. That way it's at least possible you'll only eat a bair. Eating a fair isn't the end of the world either. Unless you're close to ledge (you'll go offstage aka dead), it often gives you the ledge for free.
^This 100%

You can't force her to dash behind, which is why the CG is noticeably easier for her. If they're bad i'll just DI to go straight up and just *barely* either way, and they'll often mess up. If they like to combo instead of CG at that point (out of fear of whiffing grab and facing my DJ -> stomp -> CG -> kill) then I try to SDI the utilt behind then uair as I land. If they ftilt instead then they can't follow up because the away DI. They can counter this with instant dash behind FH rising uair, which is really hard and I've never had anyone actually do. Dash behind SH weak reverse bair may also beat this?

At 0%, full DI away and mix up your teching. No tech is probably the overall best choice there. Then if they jab, SDI up and DJ out. If they crouch in front of you, mix up [getup in place -> something fast] and roll in (to force her to dash behind).

At med% (like 30?) I like to do 1/2 away DI sometimes (and try to jump out). If they're good, they might actually dash grab too quickly.

How I try to escape the CG is 100% based on my opponent. 99% of people who learn and practice "optimal" stuff like this ALWAYS [try to] DO IT THE SAME WAY. So find the one thing that makes it really hard for them.

Practice the sheik CG against ganon in 20XX. Figure out what should make it hard for them, and when, and why.

Last edited:

Waldoring

Smash Cadet
Went to another weekly last night, beat 2 people who have previously knocked me out of bracket. Finally got some games streamed, only 1 singles match though. Lost to Falco + Marth.

Played like **** for the first doubles game, did better the second. Floundered a lot vs Gerb since I have zero experience in that matchup.

Doubles:
https://www.twitch.tv/pghneohsmash/v/92281601?t=13m13s
https://www.twitch.tv/pghneohsmash/v/92281601?t=01h42m59s

vs Marth
https://www.twitch.tv/pghneohsmash/v/92281601?t=03h54m13s

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Anyone try doing late dash attack after low percent dair on ffers so it pops them up? I got a combo last night by accident that went from that to Nair to uair on a fox

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Anyone try doing late dash attack after low percent dair on ffers so it pops them up? I got a combo last night by accident that went from that to Nair to uair on a fox
Not purposely, but I've gotten combos off it. You never know how they'll DI, they certainly don't expect it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Got 7th at versus, losing to 2 technical foxes that love to run away. Recorded. Damn I'm rusty.

Went 2-1 vs prof's sheik in friendlies tho so that's good.

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
Got 7th at versus, losing to 2 technical foxes that love to run away. Recorded. Damn I'm rusty.

Went 2-1 vs prof's sheik in friendlies tho so that's good.
That's a lot of reason I don't play as much. Everyone runs camps every set has a 6+ minute dreamland match..

It's very boring. Even winning isn't fun which is sad.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
That's a lot of reason I don't play as much. Everyone runs camps every set has a 6+ minute dreamland match..

It's very boring. Even winning isn't fun which is sad.
Ban dreamland.

Lol just kidding (but not really). Yeah, that's where the metagame is now. It takes a lot of smarts to get your openings. When my matches get uploaded to YouTube, aside from my movement being complete @$$, you'll see that I didn't pressure properly and my intentions were too obvious. Not elusive at all. You should generally pressure fox in neutral just enough that he can't laser camp, but you don't leave yourself open. I went FD vs relno game 2, because in our older sets he was the king of camping the top platform and I wanted to see how it would go. I really think with my good controller (which may be in GA) and my movement on point I could take him on that stage despite him getting better.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ban dreamland.

Lol just kidding (but not really). Yeah, that's where the metagame is now. It takes a lot of smarts to get your openings. When my matches get uploaded to YouTube, aside from my movement being complete @$$, you'll see that I didn't pressure properly and my intentions were too obvious. Not elusive at all. You should generally pressure fox in neutral just enough that he can't laser camp, but you don't leave yourself open. I went FD vs relno game 2, because in our older sets he was the king of camping the top platform and I wanted to see how it would go. I really think with my good controller (which may be in GA) and my movement on point I could take him on that stage despite him getting better.
What? The only matchup I have that could take more than 5 mins is vs Jiggs/Peach/Samus.. other than that everyone dies in under 3 mins. Id be very surprised if any Ganon would have 6 mins matches vs spacies.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
What? The only matchup I have that could take more than 5 mins is vs Jiggs/Peach/Samus.. other than that everyone dies in under 3 mins. Id be very surprised if any Ganon would have 6 mins matches vs spacies.
Lol. I was talking about players that run away nowadays in general, I wasn't even thinking about duration of matches. I'm sure you've played kels before lmao

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I love how spacies are seen as "aggressive" on the surface, but are far more likely to camp you than other characters.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol. I was talking about players that run away nowadays in general, I wasn't even thinking about duration of matches. I'm sure you've played kels before lmao
I played nearly everyone ya but i disagree that players run away more in this meta. If they actually still play with that strat then Ganon becomes better because they corner themselves willingly. The better players take every opportunity they can right now + a lot of them can 0-death you pretty easily if you dont have good defense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom