• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

GanonMaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dragmirejr
2 days until DrømmeLAN in Norway, getting hyped!

after that I'll try to greatly improve my techskill. but before that I'll work with what I already got.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Kage-Bizz at APEX? Where's the nearest airport around here bruhhhhhhhh. But seriously, The hype is real, and more than likely it'll be an excellent teaching tool for scrubs such as myself. Looking forward to it~

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
You don't even have to be interesting. Just get into a piss fight with someone on twitter. Works for everyone else.

Slox/tafo are nobodies
but i do. i do have to be interesting to him, because it's his stream and all. so i'm ****ed right now because i'm still the little guy. and even though i've 4 stocked him on several occasions when he came down here to orlando, i guess my performance with him doesn't count towards how "interesting" i may be.

whatever.

bizz vs kage is going to be overhyped. that's not me being jealous. just my personal assessment. i feel like i'm better at the ditto than bizz, and maybe he'd even agree. but both of them are notable players, so the actual matchup between the two of them isn't even being accounted for. not a single person watching is going to understand a thing about the ganondorf ditto lol, and gimr definitely doesn't. so him claiming it to be an "interesting" match is absurd.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I've actually been joking about it with Mark and joe lol. Kage is going to trash bizz imo. Bizz is an excellent player and much better than myself, but the ditto is weird and I don't think his grasp on the fundamentals in that particular matchup is strong enough to compete with Kage. We'll see though, I will swear my undying allegiance to my good friend Bizzarro Flame if he proves me wrong. (bizz is THE MAN)

Yort

Smash Apprentice
Any of you florida kids going to Juan's tournament this weekend? I'll be there and will look for any ganon players I can as usual.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
When I'm at Apex and there's side-bets on Bizz vs Kage I'm so putting money down on Kage. I'll probably get a good bit too cause a lot of people have a bias towards Bizz anyway, and people tend to sleep on Kage ;)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I've actually been joking about it with Mark and joe lol. Kage is going to trash bizz imo. Bizz is an excellent player and much better than myself, but the ditto is weird and I don't think his grasp on the fundamentals in that particular matchup is strong enough to compete with Kage. We'll see though, I will swear my undying allegiance to my good friend Bizzarro Flame if he proves me wrong. (bizz is THE MAN)
Nah i think you underestimate Bizz a little bit here, he has the ability to beat pretty strong players. It's not going to be that easy. =P

But I still think betting on me is the good pick. No pressure. ;)

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I've played him myself (like a dozen games at MLG), I'm not that ignorant to the situation

And of course he can beat strong players (s2j anyone?) This is just one matchup that isn't even important. No disrespect meant.

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I gotta say I agree with ACE on this one. Bizzarro is the ****, but I think he lacks experience in dittos. No disrespect to Loki, but he isn't at Bizzarro's level yet and he still beat bizz... although bizz was definitely trying to style too hard lol. And we all know Jason is gonna want to put on a show if it's a streamed ganon ditto lmao.

I'm more interested to see the overall results, as bizz has beaten s2j (kage lost in a money match) and forced PPU to switch to fox after stomping his Marth (kage didn't quite manage to take a game off his Marth). Beating players that have beaten Kage does not make someone better than Kage, but it brings an interesting point of discussion IMO.

Bizzarro Flame is the chillest. Don't interpret my critique the wrong way, but I think Kage's got him. This time, at least.

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
Willing to take out a bank loan for a couple hundred thousand dollars to place on Kage.

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Hey meeee tooooooooo

edit: Linguini is probably gonna show up Hard to say how long tho.

Anyone down for Ganondorf RR? won't be hyped or anything, just for fun
ranch hates ganondorf dittos, so idk how interested he'd be in something like that.

i'm always down for ganondorf dittos though. maybe something silly like ganondorf ffa on yoshis at the end of the stream? :bee:

Last edited:

GanonMaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dragmirejr
YO Ganon RR would be hype, I'm in :p

also, will be on a 100+ tourney in Oslo this weekend feat. Armada, Leffen, Ice, Overtriforce etc. you can watch it on twitch.tv/saltyplayground, but i may not be good/lucky enough to be featured on stream lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
But for real Ian, you have to know everything that has happened if you want to judge skill level properly. A ditto doesn't necessarily determine how good you are overall but more over a longer period of time. There's always going to be a player that does worse or better automatically against someone else because of the style.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
But for real Ian, you have to know everything that has happened if you want to judge skill level properly. A ditto doesn't necessarily determine how good you are overall but more over a longer period of time. There's always going to be a player that does worse or better automatically against someone else because of the style.
True, but dittos are just kinda strange in general. I am so close with trail nowadays every single time we ditto, but I get bodied by... Ripple. Yea. Trail's ganon is way better than Ripple's, and I do so much better against Ripple's marth, to the point where he would be much safer going Ganon against me in TOURNAMENT than he would be going marth (his main).

Not that dittos are useless in terms of a measurement of skill level, but I think that overall record is a far better indicator of skill than the ditto.

Lol I wasn't talking about games, shiny mewtwo. Anyone can take a game off of a better player, that's why sets are 2/3- to combat the fluke factor, though taking a game off of kage is impressive. I'm upset I didn't get a chance to play Loki before he left for Japan, I really liked his style.

Эикельманн [РУС]

you don't gotta tell me that man, i know what dittos are worth. but if i had extensive practice vs the best ganondorf in the world, in the ganondorf ditto, i'm absolutely positive that i'd never lose another ganondorf ditto again lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
you don't gotta tell me that man, i know what dittos are worth. but if i had extensive practice vs the best ganondorf in the world, in the ganondorf ditto, i'm absolutely positive that i'd never lose another ganondorf ditto again lol
"Extensive" though, we don't really play that often here. lol. I played Loki maybe once or twice a month when he was here and I didn't do Ganon mirrors very often either.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I'm liking playing vs Falcon a lot more now. I know how to edgeguard him a lot better, deal with his nair (CC ftw) and grab stuff off him. I feel like things are slowly starting to come together and make sense. I can feel a breakthrough coming.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
@ Kage i feel that i have heard this before, dittos are not really a good way to determine skill level. Being adaptable on the fly is a more important thing.

Yort

Smash Apprentice
Please for the love of god let's have a ganon RR. Nothing would make my weekend better then getting to play sets vs all the ganondorf players I've been stalking for the past few months.

Top Bottom