• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I realize now that I'm getting too emotionally invested into the game. Each time a tournament ends I'm just sad and upset about anything melee related, and I just grew tired of feeling bad about the game as of yesterday. I want to play to have fun, not stress myself out about matchups, who i can beat, choosing my character, etc. I just want to play Ganon cause he's fun and just have a good time playing.
Then play the game, that's it. Thinking too much about what results you could get or what you did get is just going to ruin your day and lead to a lot of useless suffering. All you need to bring out of tournament matches is what happened exactly during it and where you can improve on it. That's something mostly everybody has a huge problem with, they get too self-centered and then they get pissed off for the rest of the day if the match didn't go their way as planned. All you can do is try your best and figure out what you can do next, no need to dwell on the past too much.

It's so true. No one approaches Ganon much these days except super aggressive players.
Hm.. then make them approach you, they don't have a choice when cornered no matter what style they use. =) As long as you control the center then you should be the one directing the pace of the match. They will approach eventually, knowing when they will is basically reading their tendencies and xp.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Glitch boards sometimes... But ya if you really need like motivation or figuring out what the problem is in your mindset or anything like that, I can probably help very well.

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Kage and linguini for best kept composure of any ganon... Possibly of most players. Renth too after winning a game off vudujin after that near jv 5.

I just need more tournament experience until I can do that I think.

Does anyone know if the pools are up yet for big house?

Renth

Smash Hero
Kage and linguini for best kept composure of any ganon... Possibly of most players. Renth too after winning a game off vudujin after that near jv 5.

I just need more tournament experience until I can do that I think.

Does anyone know if the pools are up yet for big house?
Just channel that energy.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
@Juggleguy since you cancelled the Ganon Round Robin because Kage can't make it, can you instead please have every Ganon main play a set on stream?

Preferably against another Ganon.

Actually, make that every other Ganon

Juggleguy can you please uncancel the Ganon Round Robin?

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Eikelmann your pool looks free you better not do anything stupid and not make it out

I hope Bizz vs Triple R gets streamed I wanna see what Ganon vs Kirby looks like

Psuedoturtle you got a pretty easy pool since S2J dropped out

Coast your pool also looks pretty easy

I hope n0ne vs Duck gets stream that'll be a sick set

tm got Zanguzen that's gonna be painful lmao

I don't think I'm forgetting anyone. Good luck everyone! I'll be watching on stream and rooting for you!

n0ne

Smash Ace
@ RedmanSSBM RedmanSSBM , we´re in the same pool for big house

EDIT: posted too late lol.

Can u guys lemme know which of my oponents i should be wary of? i have no knowledge of them. Im up agains
Duck, Lilo, Archon, qwetroop, The longest fall, Azzucips, Cat Daddy and Caps Locke

Last edited:

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I would think a lot of the puff matchup involves not getting baited with her crouch, uairs out of shield, and praying she misses rest opportunity.

I will have to play Abate in pools. Luigi tips?

Also @ n0ne n0ne , Azzucips is a personal friend of mine. Plays spacies, but doesn't have any experience against solid ganons. A mutual friend of ours used to play ganon, but he's really not that good with him.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
@ RedmanSSBM RedmanSSBM , we´re in the same pool for big house

EDIT: posted too late lol.

Can u guys lemme know which of my oponents i should be wary of? i have no knowledge of them. Im up agains
Duck, Lilo, Archon, qwetroop, The longest fall, Azzucips, Cat Daddy and Caps Locke
RIP, knowing that you're in my pool makes me a bit more sad that I'm not able to go anymore :(:(:(:(

Duck is a solid Samus main from the mid-west. I'd suggest looking up some videos of him, should be easy to find. He's definitely pretty good so you better know your Samus matchup.

Lilo is a girl who I think plays Peach or something but I'm sure she's alright but she should be no sweat for you. She's more well known for helping out milktea with the women in the smash community equal treatment campaign and whatnot.

Everyone else is unknown to me and looks pretty free. If anything, you'll get second seed, but you definitely can get first.

n0ne

Smash Ace
2x post, @ RedmanSSBM RedmanSSBM i j
RIP, knowing that you're in my pool makes me a bit more sad that I'm not able to go anymore :(:(:(:(

Duck is a solid Samus main from the mid-west. I'd suggest looking up some videos of him, should be easy to find. He's definitely pretty good so you better know your Samus matchup.

Lilo is a girl who I think plays Peach or something but I'm sure she's alright but she should be no sweat for you. She's more well known for helping out milktea with the women in the smash community equal treatment campaign and whatnot.

Everyone else is unknown to me and looks pretty free. If anything, you'll get second seed, but you definitely can get first.
WUT

... UR NOT GOING????

what would be a better choice, im lacking in the "tournament knowledge department". If i wanna increase my chances of getting further into the tournament, should i aim for second seed instead of 1st? or 3rd for that matter

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
@ n0ne n0ne duck is a VERY solid samus player from the midwest. I've never played him, but talk to me beforehand because I know his style and if you need ganon-samus tips, I can probably lend you some advice. I've heard the name Azzucips before, but I'm not sure about his skill level... Only heard the name. And go for first seed lol. First seed plays 4th seed in another pool, etc. etc.

Did s2j really drop out? That'd be great news for me, unless the pools get rearranged because of it. Although I kinda would have wanted a chance to play him to be quite honest, even though I would have lost.

I've never heard of anyone else besides vaccine, a decent sheik player from what I know. I'll be extremely disappointed if I don't make it out of pools...

Tm, you've played him before, right? I need sheik tips like none other. It's my worst matchup besides maybe peach. Give me advice! What does he do? What are his habits like?

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
thanks turtle, will definitely watch this over alot.

and top 3 make it out of pools first round. then top 4 for second round to make it a straight 64 bracket.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
2x post, @ RedmanSSBM RedmanSSBM i j

WUT

... UR NOT GOING????

what would be a better choice, im lacking in the "tournament knowledge department". If i wanna increase my chances of getting further into the tournament, should i aim for second seed instead of 1st? or 3rd for that matter
Yeah, I don't have a ride any longer, so I'm not able to get there. Pretty sad about it.

Go for first seed, really. To get first seed, you have to beat everyone in your pool, including Duck.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Im pool b14 . Any big names or known players?
The Author is a pretty good Florida Falco player, voorhese is a familiar name, youtubing him shows that he plays Fox. I assume he's no slouch. And Professor Pro is really well known for his snake in PM, but he has a pretty decent Fox in melee. You got a bit of a stacked poo, I would say. :(

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Ah, voorheese! He's extreeeeeemely technical, but otherwise somewhat lacking in mindgames. I played quite a bit with him a few years back at FC. He said I was his favorite ganon because of all the silly technical stuff I used to do (this was before people heard of bizzarro flame and spider_sense of course :p), but it still felt good.

You can bait him decently easy, seeing as he plays a pretty aggressive fox... he doesn't typically like to laser camp (or didn't when I played him). But if he starts comboing you, you're gonna take a lot of percent. Like I said, he's very technical, so he'll be able to do crazy **** you wouldn't expect.

The Author is a really good player from what I've seen. Again, study Spidey's videos for those FL falco matchups, I don't have advice to give you on falco because midwest falcos all play jank as ****.

Man, I would love to make it out of second round pools. Probably not gonna happen though, but you never know. Top four seems verrrrry doable though...

lol @ stacked poo

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
God ****ing damn it.

After searching some of the guys in my pool, it appears as though I have the sheik pool. I lose to sheiks MUCH worse than I am... this does not bode well for me. Renth, help me with sheik please. How do I not suck vs that c*nt?

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
God ****ing damn it.

After searching some of the guys in my pool, it appears as though I have the sheik pool. I lose to sheiks MUCH worse than I am... this does not bode well for me. Renth, help me with sheik please. How do I not suck vs that c*nt?
practicing chain-grabbing the ****ing *****.

Coastward

Smash Lord
my pool is a bunch of floaties, i think i can make it out of i try really hard. theres a bunch of samus and luigis, and then 2 spacies.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
The author is Stephen from FL. he's good but beatable spacies player. Great guy.

tm, I've played zanguzen. He's going to laser a lot and wait until he can setup a basic approach. He's old school though and does this intelligently. Be patient as you PS/SDI tons of lasers closing space whenever safe, and use wd oos and try to ASDI/SDI grab him when he approaches. Make the most of every grab.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Joe you be must be letting some harder-to-notice opportunities go by in the neutral game. Watch some good vids to get ideas. Also you don't have a problem edgeguarding her do you? All you need is invincible stand up basically.

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
So my sponsor has asked me to get a lot of video production done.

If there is anything melee related, not even necessarily ganondorf specific you guys would like, let me know.

Ace nailed it. Zang is going to laser camp, wait to find a guaranteed opening - rinse and repeat.

Just out play him. "Play smarter, not harder." - The Cape, 2005

Last edited:

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
looking at pools beforehand is overrated. doesn't matter who is in your pool. just win.
If you know who is in your pool beforehand you can prepare for them, making winning easier.

also Ian I swear to god if you do something stupid like go DK or Bowser after winning with Ganon and lose a set and don't make it out of pools I will place an ancient Canadian curse on your family.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
Yeah man, I've been reading the post. I really appreciate the feedback; I think I just struggle with obscure matches. I'll keep trying because I know I can be one of the best. Especially can't wait to rub it in @ Blea Gelo Blea Gelo 's face when I beat him. :p

One thing I've been doing like you mentioned is bair her by the ledge and just wait patiently while she's try to recover. It's been helping my game a lot vs her. I also figured out a pretty legit way to close the gap vs her midrange; right when she shoots a rocket and (depending how far you are) you can side b her for free, it'll just scoop Ganon right under her pesky missile. Of course you could just jab them, but I'm too boss for that. lol :pimp:
U talk like if u hate me, and then i see u and all i see is love <3

Top Bottom