• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Sounds like a good prediction. Let's see if it works out for you. BTW you'd have to show me the money. I already have that much on me at any given moment so no worries there.

Also I'm not claiming that I know you, I'm justputting you on blast a bit haha. but had to explain that **** talk on the boards =/= real life LOL.
The $ is right here, all that's left is an opportunity to draw it out.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya i have using them for a while. They are comfortable for me though I can't really tell the difference between all the different colors on controllers.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
every time @spider_sense and i ditto, i swear they're the greatest ganondorf dittos of all time. if only you guys could see them.
Lol, I love ditto'ing jason too. He had a slight upper hand on me when I was in FL but I kept getting better each time I played him (goes to game 3 almost always). You and I should play again since we never did at ceo. Last time I was really rusty and got bopped. I should be able to make it closer next time.

MosthatedinNC

Dorsey
to my general understanding, tm and pseudoturtle are probably the better two 'newer' ganons. Anyway, i'd like to see them MM. Coast, you might be the next one in line so to speak, so you should take a crack at them too.

And no, I'm not calling y'all new, and if my guess of how y'all size up ti each other is wrong, all the more reason to MM!!! The ditto doesn't prove everything, but it shows a lot.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lmao. I just poured a scotch on the rocks.

If only not playing for months at a time affected all matchups as little as it does dittos.... lol. Ian and Jason are much better well-rounded ganons than myself regarding consistency in tougher/speed requiring matchups. Dittos are easy though once you learn the rules and I know the matchup.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
to my general understanding, tm and pseudoturtle are probably the better two 'newer' ganons. Anyway, i'd like to see them MM. Coast, you might be the next one in line so to speak, so you should take a crack at them too.

And no, I'm not calling y'all new, and if my guess of how y'all size up ti each other is wrong, all the more reason to MM!!! The ditto doesn't prove everything, but it shows a lot.
This is a fantastic idea. I 2-0'd tm last year the last time we played (and I'll never let you forget it Sawyer! :)). But dittos are jank as hell. Sometimes , I go so close with trail in the ditto, even taking the occasional game at times when he outplaces me by embarrassing numbers. But I know tm's been putting in so much work to improve and he's looking good. Wonder how it'd end up this time around. Let's do this.

Coast, can I have $20 too?

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
^ agreed. I was way impressed after seeing his first vid and knowing that it was the same guy I played at bh3. Even at big house, kages falcon took a hell of a beating from the dude. I only took like 3 games out of... Too many.

Definitely excited to play him and coast (after he beats bizz). And Locke so I can see how much he's improved since month one (aka bh3)

DrWorm

Smash Rookie

Looks like i need an opportunity to try and prove myself, too bad I can't travel to big tournaments

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
what do you do when you play a fox that's just much better than you as ganon? go for tilts/jabs? i got rekt by zero yesterday at mass madness and he showed me how to use the c stick to roll immediately after getting your shield shined. although my defensive game was solid against him (shield drop uair'd him once, didn't fall for many of his frame traps, even managed to do a rising uair to kill him off stage once) i just couldn't approach him in neutral so i couldn't get anything substantial started and just got double 3 stocked.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
ended up playing @spider_sense in bracket at smash the record, won 2-0. we struck to battlefield game one, it was an absurdly close match like every one of our games. he got early momentum but as we know in ganondorf dittos, momentum ain't **** and so i got some good hits in and brought it back. got him off stage once on his last stock and clutched out the edgeguard for the win. game two, he takes me back to battlefield, starts off similar to game one except i changed my approach pattern and we traded fairs at the start. he suicides middle of the game and i took the opportunity to gain stage control as quickly as possible. the matched ended with me being a huge *********** piece of **** and chaingrabbing him to 80 into a back air in the middle of the stage, ending the set with a two stock at low percent.

and then i lost 2-0 to clay and my tournament run ended. think i got 9th or some ****, idk.

oh but i basically 4 stocked hugs in the boss rush :cool:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
WATCH ME PLAY SCORPION MASTER (Mango's Mario) on vg bootcamp!

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/560787177

starts at 42:50

was playing really ****in fast these matches, did some great stuff. everyone should check it out.

WATCH ME PLAY HUGS DURING THE BOSS RUSH

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/561494633

starts at 3:55:47

i played pretty well here as well. tried so hard to bring us back from that deficit. i was so drunk during that crew battle that i thought i was out of stocks and tried to shake his hand too early LOL

****ing hilarious floating away missile btw

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Yeah I just straight up suck at the Ganon ditto cause I don't play it nearly enough. I only have a lot of experience in the spacies, Marth, and Falcon matchup. I'm still pretty bad vs. Sheik, Peach, Puff, ICs, and any other mid-tier matchup. I need more xp lol.

Also, $mike told me yesterday that he had some interesting Ganon theories.

1. Ganon should use side-b and down-b to tech-chase since it covers 3/4 options if timed correctly. Don't use side-b in neutral.
  2. Instant up air is really good and underused, especially in neutral.
  3. Full hop dair in neutral can work if you time it right. Just full hopping in general is a good idea cause Ganon kind of floats and he can easily do anaaerial coming down. I definitely feel like I don't full hop enough.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I got 3-0ed by Eddie but each game was down to last stock and close. On tournament I played a scrub, then PPMD, then another scrub, then a guy I rode up with from Charlotte and lost 2-0 to his 2 week Puff :/

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
yo eikelmann your matches with scorp a dorp were great, saw them live on stream. i loved how you light shielded the fireballs to edgeguard mario. i'm gonna steal that. there's a doc i play sometimes called mr. lemon who's pretty good, so that should be an interesting way to edgeguard him.

Yeah I just straight up suck at the Ganon ditto cause I don't play it nearly enough.
I used to hate it too, but I've gotten much better at it lately. I try to stuff jumps with uair, land with ftilts and exploit grabs to the fullest. I feel like it's a really simple matchup once you learn it, but it's very unforgiving. Just play more ganons.

1.Ganon should use side-b and down-b to tech-chase since it covers 3/4 options if timed correctly. Don't use side-b in neutral.
I don't do this nearly enough.

2. Instant up air is really good and underused, especially in neutral.
I've been doing this a lot recently. If I get the uair, I can usually dj uair or waveland towards them to get under for more juggles. This is actually something I do in the ditto a lot. Then again, most of the ganons I play are really bad and just throw fairs so I'm not sure how good this actually is.

Full hop dair in neutral can work if you time it right.
It's good vs peaches dsmash heavy peaches especially. You get the dair, you can then dj and either land a second dair if they get up in place/tech in place, you can fair/bair depending on what direction they go or you can land into a waveland toward them.

I've also experimented with using full hop dair underneath platforms. I'll edge cancel the dair into whatever best suits the situation. Most often the uair. If they jump into the dair, you can actually use the uair to jab reset if they don't tech and land right behind you. I've only ever done it by accident and wasn't able to follow up because I wasn't fast enough, but it's food for thought.

Just full hopping in general is a good idea cause Ganon kind of floats and he can easily do anaaerial coming down. I definitely feel like I don't full hop enough.
I feel like this is matchup dependent. I really dislike full hop vs marth for example. But I love it vs falco because it forces them to commit and hopefully make a mistake.

Top Bottom