• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to "suck" with DDD! *inhales guide

RATED

Smash Lord
How to "SUCK" with DeDeDe

An Inhale guide.

By RATED

hi people obviously if u are here u know it but this is a guide for Inhales or swallow or suck ( neutral b) of DDD.

Information about Inhale

Description: King DeDeDe Opens his mouth and Starts to Swallow everything that comes close to him. The Move has good range and can withstand most attacks if spaced right. It has Grab priority, so don't be afraid to use it. Be careful when performing it on smashes though, as one could go through and cost you the match. It also has little SA frames right at the beginning.

It inflicts 10% damage if not decayed and it pulls the first animation on frame 14.
It has a little push effect at the beginning, that causes a stage spike sometimes and can screw up some recovery's (lol Ike).

Now to the guide.

Setups for Inhale

1. Chaingrab, when u get near the edge , short hop inhale is a 100% sure inhale.

2. Full hopped bair (if the opponents is at low %'s) to B-reversal inhale.

3. Just like dropping with Bair instead u can drop down with the inhale so u can vary from these moves.

4. If ur opponent is approaching

5. At low %'s, Full hopped Dair, to inhale.

6. After spitting your enemy out from an inhale, u can short hop and if they spotdodge inhale them another time.

7. If they try to evade your D-tilt they will try to get inside u so use the inhale if u see that coming.

8. If u hit them with F-tilt and they are trying to get approach u they will jump so short hop to inhale. (depending of the character)

9. If they expect u are going to throw a grab then u could inhale them or Dsmash them if they spotdodge if they roll away chase them jump inhale.

10. the most obviously Dededeside( I don't like doing this ) but it work sometimes u could inhale them if they try to edgeguard u( I have inhaled MK Up B like three times ) LOL it feels so great.

I will write more about the setups later.

Follow ups after spitting them out

1. Full hop Fair. (THIS IS NOT A SURE HIT BUT IT CAN CONNECT SOMETIMES)

2. Stay in the ground if u see them like they will airdodge so u can get a uptilt kill.

3. Run a bit away and an try hitting them with a Waddle dee to get positioning advantage.

5. U can get your opponent offstage so u can edgeguard/gimp ur oponent.

6. Dair if see them trying to get quickly in the floor.

7. Depending on the falling speed of your opponent's character u can do different setups like Fair, to Dair so u could hit them with one of those. If they are out of reach and they try punishing you, you are practically safe because Fair to Bair is lagless with good timing.

8. Do an empty jump if they airdodge u could try to inhale them another time! yay

9. u can do a empty jump if they do nothing and then when they get on the "floor" if u see the stepdodge coming use Dsmash to punish.

11. where is number 4?... LOL!

12. number 10 is missing too.

13. Now seriously, if u see ur opponent is expecting an inhale they will roll, if they roll away throw a Waddle dee, if they roll back punish them with Dsmash !

I will continue another time. or later

WHEN to Inhale

1. When you opponent shields or spotdodges.

2. If they are expecting another attack you could try surprising them with an Inhale.

3. When your opponent is a approaching like a hoar.

4. Inhale is a Defensive, It shouldn't be used as an attack to rack up damage or KO, it should be used to space yourself from the enemy and give you time to breath lol

Abuse Inhale against

:kirby: - This turns the tables in this matchup he is very easy to inhale).

:metaknight: - He is broken but he can be easily Inhale'd if you see him approaching carelessly.

:popo: - This is your main tool in this matchup, it can split them up nicely but don't spam it they will punish u for this if they know it is coming.

:olimar: - If you inhale him near the edge you'll be able to edguard him really easy.

:jigglypuff: - For some reason after you spit her out while near the edge of a stage this give great setups oportunities like a Fair, Also because Jigglypuff is light weight DDD can pull her into his mouth easier than other characters.

:diddy: - This stops his banana game nicely, its also good for eating the bananas.

:sheik: - Inhale stops all of Sheiks aggressive approaches and combos, but careful is you fail the Inhale she can punish you really easy.

:rob: - He is very easy to inhale while he is on the air, you follow up with an Utilt sometimes after you spit him out.

:pikachu: - This helps a lot here, even though u need to know when to use it bcuz if not u will get hit by the thunder jolts, punish or worst chaingrabbed grabbed.

:dk2: - He is a piece of cake to Inhale, u can follow up with a Fair if the DK is unexpected, and if they are expecting do an empty jump (they will airdodge most likely) and u could get a Infinite chaingrab grab.

:lucas: - He is relative easy to Inhale but be careful you could fall for his deadly smashes if you get too predictable with the inhale.

:fox: - Inhale him, it is a great. He is the fastest faller in the game, this gives DeDeDe the
opportunity for some "sexy" follow ups.

There shall be more or some changes in some days or if something ground breaking about some character happens.

DO NOT Abuse Inhale against

:gw: - Almost every attack of G&W outpriotizes Inhale. (Is this how you write this
word? outpriotizes? I main spanish)

:snake: - This sounds funny but he is like immune to inhales, he is very hard to inhale
because of the grenades, so in this matchup I forget this move if both are offstage you could try to go for a DeDecide but otherwise Inhaling Snake is a bad idea.

:zelda: - Dont try to inhale this *****, this is asking for a Smash attack, Ftilt or neutral B.

:marth: - He is hard to inhale and u must know why. This is a matchup where getting a inhale
is almost imposible except if u are falling when u can vary from using a Bair to an
inhale (he will try to shieldgrab mostlikely, if u expect this inhale them), remember that every attack of marth have disjointed hitboxes so don't try to abuse Inhale.

:luigi: - Tornado outpriorizes Inhale so this is neutral, you could try to go for an Inhale but
have this in mind.

:toonlink: - He is hard to inhale with all of his projectiles and fast smashes.

:wario: - Wario's bite ***** outpriotizes completely Inhale. So inhaling against Wario is asking for a bite.

:falco: - he can laser u before gettting in so if he hits u with the laser u are mess up , he will
do a upsmash or a grab if low percents. even though u could "faint" a inhale and when falco rolls ( usually some falcos do to get some jabs) so use Dsmash this move do great in this matchup for killing if the falco is playing trying to not get grabbed or inhaled.

I will continue with this area later too.

Tips and Tricks with Inhale

DeDecide:

Regispike:

this is when u inhale the opponent while being near the edge so u can jump and spit them under the stage causing character with poor recoveries to lost the stock or putting them in an disadvantageous ( correct this word please!) position.

I found a vid in youtube about this : credit to "trevbang" for this vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Zucp9RJXY

Fall through stage glitch:

Stage spikes:

this is when u use inhale and ur opponent is hanging in the edge and he is out of invisibility frames when he is about to jump if DDD is inhaling the spike will occur ( I am not sure if this happens to every character) I found this vid that in a match happens this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrPMED3cqt4 the stage spike occurs at 1:25 . credit goes to sirskibobble from youtube.

B-reversal:

DFAT1 POST:

B-Reversal is Performed by Taping in the opposite direction from which you where originally facing ring after you input a B-Move. The effect is that the Character performs the B move with it's momentum reversed.

It's a great Technique, and It can be greatly applied to DeDeDe. It's Best used while Airbone. When you hover over some one while your facing them, they will probably expect the Inhale. If you hover while backwards, they are expecting the drop Bair. They won't expect, for a single second, the B-Reverse. I dabble with DeDeDe, so I know that Inhale has great set ups. Another good way to use it is to anticipate some one running underneath you to avoid your Normal inhale while your in the air. Just wait for them to run and drop while doing the B-Reverse.

Those are all the uses that I could think of, but don't limit yourself to them. Go and get creative with your sucking abilities (lolololololol).

if anyone feels if something is wrong or wants to give me some contribution can do it feel free to post .
thanks to Smexy blu for correcting and improving the guide.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Nice guide, my favorite way to catch my opponent with Inhale is when I'm trying to get back to the floor my opponent usually does laggy attacks before I get to the floor so I jump and and I Inhale him while hes on ending lag or while hes shielding or spot dodging. :)

You should add all the uses for DeDeDe's Inhale like the Regispike, Dededeside, Spiking with Inhale and the fall through stage Glitch.

Also DeDeDe can eat almost all the items in the game by using Inhale. XD

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
I thought the secret to sucking with Dedede was to spam F-smash...

On a serious note, can you go back and get rid of the slang-abbreviations? Reading "U" over and over again doesn't really please the eyes.

I like this guide though. Good job.

Edit: Also, why are the Ice Climbers on the "Do Inhale" list when you only suck up one?

RATED

Smash Lord
Nice guide, my favorite way to catch my opponent with Inhale is when I'm trying to get back to the floor my opponent usually does laggy attacks before I get to the floor so I jump and and I Inhale him while hes on ending lag or while hes shielding or spot dodging. :)

You should add all the uses for DeDeDe's Inhale like the Regispike, Dededeside, Spiking with Inhale and the fall through stage Glitch.

Also DeDeDe can eat almost all the items in the game by using Inhale. XD

Dededeside is on , but I will place those three in a diferent section like a " tips or tricks with inhales" or something like that. thanks a lot, I was a bit "distracted" . btw I never have seen the fall through stage glitch in person only vids, it never happened to me.

BTW dude I love ur avatar! is full of win!

Smashtyke: wow u want me to write you instead of U? wow I will think on it , now seriously I will.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
It really easy, just through it in word, Control F, and replace the word :)

RATED

Smash Lord
I thought the secret to sucking with Dedede was to spam F-smash...

On a serious note, can you go back and get rid of the slang-abbreviations? Reading "U" over and over again doesn't really please the eyes.

I like this guide though. Good job.

Edit: Also, why are the Ice Climbers on the "Do Inhale" list when you only suck up one?
exactly u separate them, or u can throw a the one u inhale to the other, obviosly don't spam the inhale u could get smashed. use this attack carefully.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Dededeside is on , but I will place those three in a diferent section like a " tips or tricks with inhales" or something like that. thanks a lot, I was a bit "distracted" . btw I never have seen the fall through stage glitch in person only vids, it never happened to me.

BTW dude I love ur avatar! is full of win!

Smashtyke: wow u want me to write you instead of U? wow I will think on it , now seriously I will.
I love my Avatar too, I'm making a DeDeDe soon I just need to find the right picture. ;)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol you would write this guide Rated.

Very useful information.

RATED

Smash Lord
dosent kirby inhale beat D3 swallow:confused:
also Im guessing trying to inhale snake can led to swallowing a stray grenade (I lost to a snake because of this >.>)
yes kirby's inhales beat d3 swallows. but d3 swallow is a bit faster in starting.

about snake is truth , that's why I put him in NO, and his weight doesnt help to get him in inhales so is a NO.

RATED

Smash Lord
kirbywizard- did I sound in bad mood or something? seriously is just that my main language is not english and sometimes I don't use the proper words.

if I did sound in bad mood or something then pardon.:)

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Wow inhale is a good move afterall. I didn't like it before, thnx for the guide. Awesomeness we can do the inhale out of the chaingrab o_O

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
ok thanks a lot then , is just that I am not good at english writing so I like to ask. happy smashing:)
English isn't my main language also, I speak Spanish and I'm from Costa Rica but I live in New York lolz ;)

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Sounds awesome indeed, i'm new to these forms btw. Gotta learn alot about mindgames and all o_O. But this showed me inhale's awesomeness. I hardly use that move xD Only to swallowcide :p

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Sounds awesome indeed, i'm new to these forms btw. Gotta learn alot about mindgames and all o_O. But this showed me inhale's awesomeness. I hardly use that move xD Only to swallowcide :p
LOL Dude a second ago you had a Wolf Avy & Signature you changed into DeDeDe really fast. O_O

RATED

Smash Lord
this thread could get an sticky? i would like it to have it, I am going to continue "upgrading" the guide tomorrow , next week. so everyone new to DDD could read this.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Thanks a ton man, my sucks use to be good, but now they just suck. I completely forgot how to suck. Thanks a ton Rated, I love ya man :)

RATED

Smash Lord
I added falco and some more characters to the NOT inhale list.

I will do more updates tomorrow , today I am a bit tired , a long day.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
LOL Dude a second ago you had a Wolf Avy & Signature you changed into DeDeDe really fast. O_O
Cause i knew Wolf isn't a character for me afterall. The Wolf boards are kinda....dead so i couldn't get many advice and it was boring to talk on those boards tbh. Wolf as character, well his Bair is awesome and also the reflector pwns, but other than those 2 he's just another Gay with a gay recovery and most important he doesn't play FUN. DDD does though. Dunno why but i always laugh about DDD somehow. His face just looks so ******** :p

EDIT: I just want to note that these boards are awesome. The people are very nice and help me alot :D Thnx alot guys :)

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Cause i knew Wolf isn't a character for me afterall. The Wolf boards are kinda....dead so i couldn't get many advice and it was boring to talk on those boards tbh. Wolf as character, well his Bair is awesome and also the reflector pwns, but other than those 2 he's just another Gay with a gay recovery and most important he doesn't play FUN. DDD does though. Dunno why but i always laugh about DDD somehow. His face just looks so ******** :p

EDIT: I just want to note that these boards are awesome. The people are very nice and help me alot :D Thnx alot guys :)
Well the original DeDeDe ( from the anime) its the funniest looking one but the one they did for brawl doesn't look exactly like him, Brawl DeDeDe kinda looks more serious and weird.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I like the ideas in this guide.
I also like that you said "I main Spanish" lol.

I'll sometimes use it when I'm higher up off the ledge to drag down those with bad recoveries and spit them out below and away from the stage (against Ike or Link). You could WoP them, but swallowing them is more fun :D

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
tips or tricks with the inhale:( thanks smexy blu for reminding me this)

Dededesides

regispikes

Fall through stage glitch

Stage spikes using inhales ( this works great against yoshi most of the time)

inhales swallow almost every item on the game.
Could you try explaining everyone one of those in-depth?

RATED

Smash Lord
hi people is been a "long" time since I updated this guide I did some "little" updates today , added img and added some no to inhale and some to yes inhale. I am a bit sick and busy with college stuff. but I will be updating this guide more maybe today at night or tuesday at night.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
You referred to Samus as a he.

lol Change it before the Samus mains find it. XD

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is a girl not a guy lol

B-reversal in depth plox?
In depth B-Reversal? You mean its uses and blah blah blah, when to use it, blah blah blah, and whne to perform it, Blah blah blah?

Top Bottom