• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How To Raise The Kutest Boozer

general p2k

Smash Rookie
so um whats the point of this guide? to show u how to play one of the worst characters (sry correction...*THE worst* in the game...like seriously boozer gives mew2 a run for his money

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Bringing up an old topic again. The fortresshog from anywhere works for me. I'm on pal, but I don't believe that's the issue. I think it works because up and left (or right) is holding a horizontal direction, but not fully in that direction. You move slower, and therefore can still grab the ledge. It also works by tilting the controlstick a little to the side. However, it covers a much shorter distance, and is slower. Dash>Edge Fortresshog will probably be quicker.

Edit: Although constant fortresshogs to Bairs is pretty ****ing sexy.

If you still aren't willing to give it a go, I may be able to upload a (terrible) video at a later date.

Hatacatan

Smash Cadet
I also believe it works because of the slowdown.
Probably it works like this:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3090/fortressu.jpg

The fortress also is slower at the beginning and at the ending of the animation, for this reason the ledge can be grabbed by being very close to the ledge when starting to fortress or doing a timed fortresshog.

I have no idea how the "ledge areas" are really shaped, though. Does anybody know if you can display them with AR? Or if they are areas at all?

Mahone

Smash Champion
I just found the best punish for missed rest.

You can downthrow to fsmash its soo good.

Or just downthrow is good too.

Hatacatan

Smash Cadet
Nice.
Doing zero damage only to get rested again.
This advice could only come frome a jiggs player, lol

Bowser vs. jiggs sucks.
I can hear Sakurai think: "Hey, we made a character A who does less Damage than Ganon, has more lag than Ganon and has overall less knockback than Ganon, and we made a character B who can punish everthing with a kill and has a lot of other good stuff to do, let's make character A's best throw useless against character B. This is fair and logic, I believe."

Bowser really is horrible. It's a truth.

Jonas

Smash Champion

The fortress also is slower at the beginning and at the ending of the animation, for this reason the ledge can be grabbed by being very close to the ledge when starting to fortress or doing a timed fortresshog.

I have no idea how the "ledge areas" are really shaped, though. Does anybody know if you can display them with AR? Or if they are areas at all?
Doesn't account for the fact that you can grab sloped ledges with your back (I'm pretty sure you have to grab straight ledges with your front but I could be wrong).
I have just come to accept that sloped ledges are magic and that Bowser can therefore do cute things on them.

ps. cool graphic btw :)

Shök

Smash Champion

Probably the best explanation in this thread. Lol.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yes, just don't get predictable with it or your opponent will hit you out of it. It's usually best to do it from high up if your opponent has jumped up to edgeguard you.

I can't really imagine a situation where it's good for edgehogging though, other than maybe a team match where you and your opponent both got flung off the stage, and you somehow return to the ledge before your opponent.

Top Bottom