• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How To Raise The Kutest Boozer

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea at the end of the Guide Darkknight when i give thanks and such, i'm also going to have a reference page and (with consent from the makers) post vids of some good matches with bowser and other videos i can get

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
haha not that you would need it Caotic but just to see if you like the direction its in, and if you have anything to add or take away, i want this guide to be very good ya know...

@Eggz- haha i guess i can't get a single comment on the guide :chuckle: ahh well, title is part of a guide after all

Zackular

Smash Cadet
This is the first guide I've ever read, and quite frankly, I think this will help improve my game a lot.

But dammit put some Bowser vs. Ganondorf matchup tips up there! It's so hard to play against them D:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea both of the matches are really fun, they involve almost perfect spacing in regards to bowser cause otherwise... well just look at what captain jack did to three of them on FoD :)

I will get to that match-up but there aren't many more character specific stratagies i can give you that don't end up with, space properly and don't suck at edgeguarding..

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
I forgot to add some stuff for Link/Y. Link. >.> Gosh..I'm slow.

Anyways, never face either one of them on FD they will kill you.
Battlefield is tough too, since they can control the game with projectiles.
Pokemon Stadium is kind of hard too, but it's hard to sweetspot, take advantage of that.
Jungle Japes well Link/Y. Link can control the bottom half but the top half it's all bombs from there.

The only counter pick I think of is Mute City since they can't sweetspot at all, after the last slash of the up-b there is some lag.
Greens Green is a nice counter pick if you stay behind the blocks. Great for mind games.
Yoshi Island, small, easy KOs.

Oh..I forgot to mention Y. Link Dair's Spike. That thing is evil...D:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'm not a green greens fan, its a pretty cool trixy stage for bowser but i tend to fortress cancel to much and random bombs are really irritating, but you can jump from both of those ledges directly onto the platform like you can on yoshi's, they have the same height, which is nice.

meh, i know its all low % kills n all that, but they can get you off more times than you can get them off in general, and everything is easy to kill on this stage, i dont like the tradeoff...

i tend to die at to low % on that stage, bowser can stay alive for a good long while on a stage like yoshis, but here its ALL low % garbage, and to be honest, most chars have more opportunities for that than bowser will on that stage due to generally limited ability to recover at any % because of small small edges.

maybe take a puff there or something lol

Banned via Administration
green greens is aterrible bowser stage. discussion over.

also, i rofled at "ganon is one of my fav matchups, with falcon right after that"

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Any proof of that 5150 or are you just being yourself :)

I honestly put a lot of work into this, so if your going to say its undeserving its a little bit of an insult >.>

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Hmm I read the guide KevinM I was reading about your thoughts on the Whirling Fortress edge hog. I don't remember you telling us how to do it though so I watched a video about fortress hogging.

The guy says you have to time the fortress but thats not true at all. On flat stages all you have to do is move diagnally upwards (towards edge at a 45 degreee angle upwards) and no timing is required at all.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Fortresshogging refers to the act of canceling your fortress from the stage directly onto the edge, not from recovery :)

Zackular

Smash Cadet
Thats what I was talking about. You can just hold diagonally up towards the edge to cancel the fortress from the land to the edge.
I have a giant inclination that this is false information.
You need to hold right/left to get off the stage, and the second you get off you go flying. The diagonal DI doesn't help.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Just try it yourself man, it works all the time for me. I'll even draw a ghetto picture on paint for you.

Edit:

Cute isn't it? I took a whole 5 minutes to draw this on paint so don't expect it to be so pretty. :)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well i tried it for like ten minutes and i got nothing, any other bowser users want to try, i'm gonna stick with the ending animation :)

Your picture is good however :)

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Lol it is funny.

Thanks!

Now remember the stick must be in a full 45 degree angle. I wish I could show you in person. I also wish I had a camera and recorder.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I tried it again and I just noticed something. The angle thing will only work if you are facing backwards. But if you just move straight than it won't work no matter which direction you are facing and that forces you to use unneccessary timing.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
I'm going to repeat myelf just in case you guys didn't get my post edit:

I tried it again and I just noticed something. The angle thing will only work if you are facing backwards. But if you just move straight than it won't work no matter which direction you are facing and that forces you to use unneccessary timing.

Top Bottom