• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How To Raise The Kutest Boozer

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
so what's the deal with listing all the ssbm terms at the beginning of every character guide? i never understood the reasoning behind that.

anyways, sweet guide.

it'd be nice if you made the sections more easily distinguishable tho. i like how you bolded some of the character names in the matchup part to make em easier to find. that sorta thing would be useful for the whole guide.

also a nice tidbit to add about the dsmash is how it can sorta spike people if they get caught under it when theyre recovering (like if youre dsmashing at the edge of battlefield and someone comes up from underneath).

i actually think dsmash is kinda underrated overall. not that this particular part of it is all that useful, but since it sorta sucks people in its just generally a handy move to punish mistakes and rack up damage.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
At pistachio.. I think its just if you have a newer player they will be able to read up on the basic terms and join quickly.. and its cleaned up a lot now guys so you can read it easily :)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i actually think the dsmash is an incredibly OVERRATED move

ESPECIALLY as an edgeguard, what a HORRIBLE edgeguarding move ugh unless they are at a high % where they will die from it its just not worth it ew bair or ftilt or something that will actually kill them people lol

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
THE D SMASH IS **** SAUCE.... haha

I thought gimpy might be commenting the guide but as usual he is just correcting people :chuckle:

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Hmmm we need all the new tricks we can get. Us Bowsers have got it bad.

Somebody please help Kev verify this. I would like the technique that I invented on the Bowser guide.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
You know using Fortress from a platform like Battle field to the edge makes an instant grabbing from the edge if done correctly. >.> I picked up because I was fooling around as well as..a good edge guard how? Simple drop down from the edge Up-B and presto. >.> Doesn't realllllyyy work but it was a nice try. D:

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
i actually think the dsmash is an incredibly OVERRATED move

ESPECIALLY as an edgeguard, what a HORRIBLE edgeguarding move ugh unless they are at a high % where they will die from it its just not worth it ew bair or ftilt or something that will actually kill them people lol
yeah i guess with bowser youre better off goin for the proper edgeguard pretty much every time. but in a situation where i've just downthrown someone and i anticipate them rolling back into me, i dont really see how dsmashing is a bad decision, particularly if theyre at low percents.
it has such a wide hitbox you're pretty much guaranteed to suck em in no matter what character they are, and youre also guaranteed a good 20% or so at least.

maybe i just like dsmash too much, but it seems to me like it can be used usefully in situations like those.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
as a techchase dsmash is fair, but dashdance regrab tends to be better because you can continue to play, unless of course you are at high % then you just dsmash and they die haha

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Dayyyumn, thats a good guide. Handshake for KevinM - it's better than Gimpy's essay I never read

QTx314159

Smash Apprentice
it's better than Gimpy's essay I never read
oh, that makes loads of sense. XDXDXD

edit- lmao, i'm the queen of typos.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha thanks Caotic..

People try KingJiggly's fortress thing, someone verify if this works cause i can't get it to work at all!

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
It does work. Have YOU tried it? I can't beleive somebody who is at a higher level than me can't even get it to work. Now are you facing backwards or not? Maybe if you watch your hands you might see if your doing it wrong or not.

Just because you didn't know this doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Or do you? You guys do know how to hold out on us afterall and don't tell all of the techniques.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
maybe it doens't work because based on the games mechanics that doesn't make any sense, show us a video of you doing it from multiple distances going full speed off the ledge and then i'll bother actually attempting it, for now i haven't tried because honestly it doesn't make sense that it would work, holding UP doesn't make you fall any slower, and holding away doesn't give you more time to grab, neither one reduces momentum in any way, so this shoudn't work based on the games mechanics.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Ok I'm going to a biweekly this saturday and hopefully they will let me record this and I will be able to demonstrate this technique in person to other people. Until then I don't have a video.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
well the physics of the game disagree with you unless you are refering to a very specific distance away or movement speed

basically what you are saying is you can fortress cancel on ANY stage from ANY distance (as long as you'll go off of course ;p) at ANY speed if you hold the control stick correctly.

it simply doesn't make any sense

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Lol this whole game doesn't make sense.

It can be done on any stage at any ledge (that you can grab of course). I have to double check the distance and I have to double check if it can be done at a rising angle (so far it can be done on a flat edge, and for a lowering angle you can just move straight to it as you already know).

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
actually the physics make sense in most cases...

kingjiggywiggy the ONLY reason we are making this into a big deal is because based on what you said you were implying that you can go off at any speed from any distance, is that what you are saying, or are you saying that at a specific distance you can hold the directions like this and cancel?

because if its the 2nd one, everyone already knows how to do a timed fortress cancel. otherwise, it doesn't make any sense, and tahts why we disagree.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
actually the physics make sense in most cases...

kingjiggywiggy the ONLY reason we are making this into a big deal is because based on what you said you were implying that you can go off at any speed from any distance, is that what you are saying, or are you saying that at a specific distance you can hold the directions like this and cancel?

because if its the 2nd one, everyone already knows how to do a timed fortress cancel. otherwise, it doesn't make any sense, and tahts why we disagree.
Didn't anybody read my last post. What Wiggly describing works in my version (version 1), but I am not sure of the others.

I was definitely not missed. :(

Edit: It's at any distance, too. Maybe I should try it again on other stages. I did it on FoD and Battlefield.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Ok if I go to the biweekly this saturday than I will hopefully get a demonstration in. If not than I will show me doing it in a match.

I found out more stuff after trying it.

-Yes it can be done at any speed.
-It can be foreword too! But you must be close to the edge to do it foreword (not too far not too close). I'm going to double check the distance on this one.
-It can be done on any edge and it doesn't matter whether the edge is flat, ascends, or descends. But if it descends than you can just hold horizontal anyway.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well you have a page of arguing on my guide about how a techinque works, with no proof, just cause "people can do it" doesn't mean it works until we can see it.. so i don't feel like having my guide spammed up with useless chatter.. do something productive and go and get a video instead of every post saying. "You must be doing it wrong, it works"

If it works and you have proof then i will gladly credit you, and you've made a valued discovery, but until then its not worth arguing over and i want the guide spamming to stop :)

not_mouf

Smash Cadet
this guide is not good, im more interested in jiggywiggyz tactic then this whole guide

not_mouf

Smash Cadet
u didnt mention that nair can hit spotdodgerz

so u can like mix up ur game wit klawz and nairz depending on what they try 2 do (punish em for shielding wit da klaw, punish em for spotdodging wit tha nair)

itz alright man as an expert bowser i understand that itz hard for novice bowserz such as urself to understand these complex tacticz

Top Bottom