• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to make SUPER SMOOTH videos the easy way! - Adaptec GameBridge User Guide

trickee

Smash Rookie
when i try to install the software, i get a message about how the GB isn't "Windows Logo Approved" and that installing it on my system may damage it because microsoft hasn't been allowed to test it in windows XP.

anyone else get this? Has your GB (AVC-1410) damaged you system at all? have you noticed any differences after installing it?

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Question...I've got 2.71GB free on my C: drive that has Gamebridge and all installed on it, yet when I try to record videos, a popup appears: "HD space limit, Stop it."

Furthermore, any videos I DO record stop recording themselves after a few seconds, and the files it creates have 0 byes of information.

This is really irritating! Any ideas?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I hope to god people aren't buying the GameBridge at over $60. It is not worth that price. There are much better alternatives. Look around.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Question...I've got 2.71GB free on my C: drive that has Gamebridge and all installed on it, yet when I try to record videos, a popup appears: "HD space limit, Stop it."

Furthermore, any videos I DO record stop recording themselves after a few seconds, and the files it creates have 0 byes of information.

This is really irritating! Any ideas?
Clearing out some space will definitely fix that.

EDIT: Oh, and I haven't used my GB forever. I actually prefer a digital camera to it as a cheap solution. I'm going to invest in a BlitzBox soon. http://www.moli.com/p/store/v2QZd7KzO9AmYBgA4UebnuWA../product_detail/Ng,,/MjA1/

enza99

Smash Rookie
wow this like helped alot was just gonna camcord this stuff and have some horrible quality and have some button mashing sounds and an occasional dammit or what the hell in the background noise lol

peeup

Smash Lord
Earlier posts said this cost 10 bucks on amazon, but when I checked, it was 128 or so... Also, my local radioshack's website says that they don't have one in stock >:-(

Juke

Smash Journeyman
They were cheap, but I think its popularity rose and now its expensive. I remember getting mine for 20 dollars last year.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
when i try to install the software, i get a message about how the GB isn't "Windows Logo Approved" and that installing it on my system may damage it because microsoft hasn't been allowed to test it in windows XP.

anyone else get this? Has your GB (AVC-1410) damaged you system at all? have you noticed any differences after installing it?
I have the very same problem, someone please help us with this problem. Does the device only work with USB 2.0? Cause I dont know if my USB ports are 2.0. And on the system requirements it says that its needed. It just wont install for me. And I tried it on all my 3 computers at home with the same problem, my laptop is Win XP, my desktop is win 2000, and my other desktop is Win Vista. Then I looked to see if I can download the drivers on the manufacturers website, and they dont have any drivers installed on it according to what the website says.

Ripsachaos

Smash Rookie
i hear the blitzbox has terrible recording quality

anyone know where to get a gamebridge in stores (in canada)?
D=
I been looking everywhere
don't know if you got one already since it's about 3months late for this reply, but Factory Direct sells them, but it's on a store by store basis. I don't think you can order it on their website but you can try. it's 39.99 now, but when i got it they were over stocked and i paid 9.99 for mine.

I saw this post so i was just replying, but the REAL reason i'm posting is because i was wondering if anyone had the 1410/1510 software, i tried clicking all these links in the thread but all of them don't seem to work anymore. thx if you can help me out (i already have the 1400 software, but it doesn't come with the tv tuner options).

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS! HERE IS WHY...

Its not worth a buy this piece of crap. Out of the 3 computers I have in my house it wouldnt work with a single one. One is Win XP, another is vista, and the other one is windows 2000. It work work if you dont have USB 2.0, even though I do have USB 2.0 it can't communicate for some reason, also windows install wizard wont communicate with the data on the CD rom. Also, on the manufacturers website they do not have the drivers for adaptec gamebridge, the webpage expired it says when I go to it trying to fix the problem. Dont waste your money on this product. I'm sorry I did.

WarmSoda

Smash Apprentice
I just placed my order in on Amazon.com today ($59.99 btw), and I don't think the one I picked up has the CD with the recording software. Is there any way to get a fresh megaupload of the ISO? (old one seems dead).

Spife

Smash Master
in the original post it refers to N64
does the gamebridge work for wiis and gamcubes as well?
It does work with gamecubes and wiis (i usually record on my gamecube and my friend records on his wii all the time)
as far as I can tell, any Red White Yellow cord (do NOT know what to call them >.>) will work. It works with the ps2 and I'm going to assume a 360 as well.

-Axle-

Smash Cadet
Probably not worth the hassle, I asked more out of curiosity, just to know.

Spife

Smash Master
I don't know much about vista. I've heard stories of it blocking programs (mainly different free MMO's)
If you guys really want, I can try and install it on my girlfriends lap top and see how it works.
It works fine on xp though so if you can get your hands on that.
Also, I'll put money down that succes may vary between computer, but I've had 2 computers over the last 5-6 years so I'm not really sure.

Spife

Smash Master
Hardcore mac question guys, for some reason when I drag a clip into iMovie (that I record with gamebrid), there is no sound. I don't know why, the clip itself has sound. I'm pretty sure any clip I drag into imovie has sound, I'm currently not sure though.
Any help would be suweeet

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
How much in total does everything cost. You just wrote that theres 12 dollars worth of cables. And can this work on any tv?

Spife

Smash Master
How much in total does everything cost. You just wrote that theres 12 dollars worth of cables. And can this work on any tv?
as far as I can tell, provided your system works on the tv, the gamebridge should too.
I got mine for 60 (not bad imo, it was well worth it). Cables were like 5 dollars though.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Yeah, but since I made this guide in '07 the GameBridge has shot up in price. Tremendously.

The cables and such should all still be the same price. And, yes, it works on any tv with A/V plugs.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I know that this question as been asked before, but I cannot find a definitive answer to it. Is GB compatable with Vista?

On this site I have found a GB for ~60USD + SH which isn't bad from what I can tell, so long as I can trust the site. I've also noted that the discription says "SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS...Microsoft® Windows 2000 SP4 or XP SP2", which would lead me to believe that it is NOT Vista compatable, but again a definitive answer would be appreciated.

I have another computer ('01 with Microsoft XP) that just might be able to support GB, but I'm not confident enough that I'd go ahead and make the purchase right now.

WarmSoda

Smash Apprentice
Just bought my bridge a month ago.

It does wonders and works amazingly for recording purposes. Get one.

My computer is quite powerful though, so I don't know how well it'll record "best" settings. I have seen laptops do this, so I would imagine it couldn't be that taxing.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Can somebody reupload the 1400 .iso file. I just built a new computer, but I lost my Gamebridge CD
The link on the first post is out of date, megaupload took it off.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
does anyone know of any video capture cards for Macs (could be a dumb question) i was just curious

Top Bottom