• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Handle with MK Tornado spam??

TheBirdsGoTweet

Smash Rookie
When I play Falcon with my buddy and he can't seem to win consistently, he uses Metakight and spams the hell out of that tornado crap. I try to find the spot where I can cancel it but it never works. That thing alone ends up doing most of the % damage and I get Dsmashed eventually.

How do I handle that? I'd be really helpful since I always lose control when cheese like that is happening and my game just plummets.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
I believe falcon kick actually out-prioritizes it. I remember someone saying this, but I can't be certain. I also seem to remember the kick out-prioritizes his side b too. In short, spam right back at him. Hope that helps.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Raptor boost tanks the tornado. just spam the raptor boost when he spams the tornado.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Check the Matchups thread. There's a lot of good Metaknight info in there. And yes the Raptor Boost can clink the Tornado.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
From Rhyfelwyr's research on what stops the tornado, the raptor boost is CF's best move for it (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=161939)

That or dair from directly above, he seems to have added a convenient diagram.
You've mixed up the falcon kick and raptor boost. Raptor boost is side B, falcon kick is down B.

If you've got the balls to try and dair that lil ******* while hes spinning his tornado, all the more power to you. I wouldn't risk it. MK can float slightly, and easily mess up the dair timing. The kick is still a better option imo.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Is it me or does that MK thread say that DownB is Falcon's best move? lol

Edit: Gah BananaTrooper beat me to it!

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I actually remember being able to stop the tornado with my dtilt on several occasions during the tornado's start-up time. The dtilt slightly outranges MK's sword.

salaboB

Smash Champion
You've mixed up the falcon kick and raptor boost. Raptor boost is side B, falcon kick is down B.

If you've got the balls to try and dair that lil ******* while hes spinning his tornado, all the more power to you. I wouldn't risk it. MK can float slightly, and easily mess up the dair timing. The kick is still a better option imo.
Oops. Teach me to use names instead of the move activation.

Anyway, if you look at his diagram if you can center yourself you can do pretty well coming in from above, there's a whole area there missing the hitbox. Useful to know if MK has spun up while you're in the air above him, if nothing else.

W-man

Smash Cadet
Odd to see how much people neglect Raptor Boost and Falcon Kick usefullness... well timed, it should keep your foe off you. Despite they can both be blocked, they are still surprising moves when you swap them.

Tenki

Smash Hero
The tornado actually has crappy priority at the very beginning. I think I may have tilted or jabbed a MK out of it before, or otherwise, used a move that would have lost against it normally and beaten it.

Same goes with the drill attack.

Either way, you can try attacking from the top of MK, or mindgame and stay near the edges. It's funny when a MK gets too aggressive and tries to catch you on the edge, just to run out of Tornado and fall slowly to his doom. Playing near the edges tends to stop alot of MK specials, except for maybe his upB and downB

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Yeah, there were a couple times at the tourney I went to when a Metaknight spammed B too much near the edge and ended up dying because of it. The Meta who took 3rd place had one match where he simply dominated the DeDeDe who took 2nd by just spamming B though. I guess DeDeDe doesn't have any reliable breakers.

Top Bottom