• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to fit Toon Link's Tunic: A Toon Link guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFast

Smash Lord
I say I should get a nice TL picture and you should switch for you 1st picture cuz thats my opening picture in my bomb guide lol.

But really PORK!!! You Guide needs more of it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
main tip for all TL's n00bs or pro: If you want to get better, even agaisnt a Metaknight, fight as many people as you can as TL, win or lose, learn the match up's, learn the styles of your opponent, learn the weaknesses and exploit them, be creative and play your style of game to the fullest.

Alzi

Smash Master
Try and get a picture of two snakes taunting and toon link in the middle doing it side taunt lol. Although i took a nice picture of the melee stage were it has the sign saying Drug Store i have him with funny eyes.

It's looking even bette now the guide keep it up iRjOn.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Thanx guys
OMG Alzi
:[
I wanna do that now
I'mma do it!
:D
I'll give you credit

KK Fast I'll change it when I get that pic Alzi thought of

I'mna quote your advice Bomer and use it in my guide
:D
(seems like what you wanted)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Just quickly, you forgot to mention sliding with dair when you land on a slanted surface.
Or were you going to add that in the trick section? Anyway keep up the good work.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Toon Link's bair is good for keeping the opponent at bay whilst edgehogging. If they're trying to recovery horizontally you can use the bair. At high percentages it will give a lot of knockback that they won't be able to recover again or it cancel various recovery attempts such as Falco's illusion. A good application is to (while on the ledge) press down, immediately jump and immediately bair which means you could attack the recovering opponent but mainly that the bair will protect you whilst immediately getting your ledge invincibility frames.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
My last 2 cents before I leave for a long time:

I will share with you some tips I have included on my PT Tips thread that I think will help. I'll try to make them as breif and understandable as possible:

Tip#1: carry around a little notepad of match ups, good and bad and neutral.

Tip#2: know the stages that are valid at the tournies you attend. Know what to do that will be benificial to you and learn to counter the effects if you are on a stage that benifits your opponent. If and when you find out what stages beifit you, find what area or what event would benifit you the most and use it as you defense/offense. EX: Ivy's bullet seed at Delphino when you land in the area where you have the two outdorr tables with the umbrellas, I found if you go down into the water(which is shallow) and stand against the wall, if someone makes an approch you can bullet seed them. EX2: Pictochat, when the missles appear, anyone can take advantage of that and throw you into the and then folow up with anything they please.

Tip#3: as I stated before, keep having matches with as many different characters as possible to learn a match up first hand, reading only does so much.

Tip#4: Know your opponent's character and learn situations that you could take advantage of or situations you want to avoid so you dont get badly punished. As such learn what stages benifit your opponent's character.

Tip#5: learn dicipline, as much as it is to look all pro and do a cool looking move like its listed in threads like "bombing like a pro" most things are purely situational and take alot of luck and skill to pull off. If you are diciplined and dont jump the gun or mess around to get a slight(1% chance of) 1 second of spot light for pulling off a cool combo, you wont get punished and make a fool of yourself and feel bad that you fooled around.

Tip#6: If you have a style of play like I do, mix it up and be creative to keep you opponent guessing.

Tip#7: listen to your instincts; EX: if something tells you not to persue on or off stage (mainly off stage) then dont do it, find an alternative way to get you opponent while you are on stage, or if you manage, get a bomb spike.

This is all I have to say. Keep on adding stuff to this guide, I think it will serve a great purpose for all TL's like myself that just dont get it. (it as in how to be a good TL)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Something you might want to add when you get around to writing about them, is that both hits of n-air, d-tilt, dash attack and f-tilt can trip your opponent. Also f-tilt is great against anyone who rolls a lot because it hits behind as well. I am loving that picture of dair btw. Sweet stuff.
Thats right, I just quoted myself. But for a good reason. I realised the other day that Dair can trip your opponent as well on low percents (who knew?), so you might want to add that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom