• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to fit Toon Link's Tunic: A Toon Link guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Ugh. So many spelling mistakes, mostly because of left out letters. But no...

I'll wait. . . . .

. . .For now

Nami-Tsuki

Smash Rookie
A good thing to mention about TL's dair is when you use it right after getting hit, he falls super slow, and if you're high enough he'll just go out of it on his own.

It's a good way to stop yourself from flying too far off screen. It ends your unconsciousness, slows you down, and looks funny! There's a glitch with it too, where he's frozen in midair, dairing. I did it the just other day.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
MOAR Dsmash info for you to include:

on flat stages at the edge the gimp works at 25% or lower they can di this tho but they get hit with the second hit

on yoshis island brawl the gimp is a one hit ko on ppl with bad recoverys examples : falco, fox, falcon, mario, dorf. and for ppl with ok recoverys just drop off the edge with a rang and hit them just after they jump

also if you've thrown a bomb up trying to get the upsmash to bomb kill and the opponent rolls outta the way its quite cool to get the with the dsmash as they come out of the roll so it flicks em into it but the timeing is tricky you can also do this with 2 bombs but its almost impossible

Edit: also there is a hit box on the dsmash that makes it so the gimp can work at any % but so far i havent been able to perfect it cause the hit box is like a 3rd of a Mm big hope i helped

Azure Eric

Smash Rookie
Well, I would like it if you included more bomb info, such as dropping a bomb on the floor( I don't know how to do this) and using the force of dair like you said. I've also found out something cool that Tinkerbell(as what I like to call him :b) can do, is when he runs to the edge of a stage and uses bup while almost going off stage, he does some kiind of weird slash thing. I haven't exactly figured out it's uses yet, but it's still cool looking. Anyways, great guide ^.^ I find it very useful : )

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Well, I would like it if you included more bomb info, such as dropping a bomb on the floor( I don't know how to do this) and using the force of dair like you said. I've also found out something cool that Tinkerbell(as what I like to call him :b) can do, is when he runs to the edge of a stage and uses bup while almost going off stage, he does some kiind of weird slash thing. I haven't exactly figured out it's uses yet, but it's still cool looking. Anyways, great guide ^.^ I find it very useful : )
The guide is unfinished mate so thats yet to come

u on about grounded up b?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Don't worry iron will do it soon, right iron?, right!?!

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Ahh surething man I'll add the bomb and dair stuff
That thing is know as the Falling Spin Attack or FSA
This user names sasukebowser found it out not too long ago
I'll add it when I get to up
;D

The guide is unfinished mate so thats yet to come

u on about grounded up b?
I'm almost on upb gotta get through bread and butters ehh utilt is the last on next is b moves so yea.

Don't worry iron will do it soon, right iron?, right!?!
:D
Of course I'll do it
;)
Dont worri Sam
I got you all

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Nice job. I haven't read it in depth yet (you've got a lot of stuff thar) but it looks nice.

There's kind of an awkward (lol irony. Awkward is awkward to spell) contrast between the nice clean pictures and the fancy-ish colors, and the messy (apparently intentionally so no comment from me) titles and the sorta crude text (no offense. What you wrote was fine, I just think you could make it look nicer. Try changing the font to Book Antiqua or something).

TL;DR: Try to make it more aesthetically pleasing and neat rather than just throwing in some large size or random capitalization of letters.
Also the default font sucks [censoredsothesitewonthavethepleasureofdoingitforme] so change it please.

I'll refrain from further correcting your terrible (jk) spelling and horrid (lol who says horrid jk) grammar until you finish the guide so other than that the guide looks fine.

Also: WTF SKULL HAMMER?! NOW WE'RE IN BUSINESS!!

NOTE: I used Book Antiqua for my post. Try some of the fonts available to make the guide look better.

DISCLAIMER: I am your friend, Iron. Nothing I typed was intended to hurt your feelings. Read my post in the nicest voice you could imagine someone saying it in. However all of it was intended to better your guide. I am also making a motion to sticky this thread upon completion. All in favor say "aye".

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
lol nps dude keep it up

and i wish we had sumin like that skull hammer just so we had a move to be feared that would do 40% dmg and kill at 60% like any of ikes moves

Edit: aye!

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
There really isn't much to say about the jab combo that you couldn't figure out with a few experiments with it.

"Let's see... A, A. No that's not right.
Ummmmmm... Oh! Let's try this: A, A, A. Wow! It worked and it's a fast combo in case I don't have time to use anything else!"

LOL

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I guess that's a good point. It can lead into a lot of combos. If for nothing else it should be in here for that.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Its a good defence aswell we can fan projectiles with this, its a combo breaker (waiting for the "theres no combos in brawl <(>.<")>")

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Nice job. I haven't read it in depth yet (you've got a lot of stuff thar) but it looks nice.

There's kind of an awkward (lol irony. Awkward is awkward to spell) contrast between the nice clean pictures and the fancy-ish colors, and the messy (apparently intentionally so no comment from me) titles and the sorta crude text (no offense. What you wrote was fine, I just think you could make it look nicer. Try changing the font to Book Antiqua or something).

TL;DR: Try to make it more aesthetically pleasing and neat rather than just throwing in some large size or random capitalization of letters.
Also the default font sucks [censoredsothesitewonthavethepleasureofdoingitforme] so change it please.

I'll refrain from further correcting your terrible (jk) spelling and horrid (lol who says horrid jk) grammar until you finish the guide so other than that the guide looks fine.

Also: WTF SKULL HAMMER?! NOW WE'RE IN BUSINESS!!

NOTE: I used Book Antiqua for my post. Try some of the fonts available to make the guide look better.

DISCLAIMER: I am your friend, Iron. Nothing I typed was intended to hurt your feelings. Read my post in the nicest voice you could imagine someone saying it in. However all of it was intended to better your guide. I am also making a motion to sticky this thread upon completion. All in favor say "aye".
Moth man its no offence to me what so ever.
I was j/king when I sayed something about ur spell checking in another thread. lol

I take in all of you all's little advice and I will make sure its looked into in the final stages of my guide.

TLM you know I was thinking where would moves like that fit...?
Then I was like oh duh their own section.
Called something dunno yet but it will have jab, ftilt, dtilt, and grab.
Probally in that order too.
But yes I use jabs quite a bit.
But yes brawl does kinda lack combo ability.
lol

Thanx as always guys.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Any stage with Slanted edges.
Even Lylat.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I know it's a bit late, but I look through the guide a few days back. You're doing a really good job iRjOn.
It's interesting how it's not formal, you have the info all there but you say it in a fun way.

I think it may be nice to have Frame data for the moves. I'll go look it up with the Debug mode code if it sounds like something you'd want to add, just tell me and I'll start as soon as possible. ^_^

First up!

DAH SKULL HAMMERRRR!!!!!!!
Sooo broken, Toon's need to apply it to there game much more. :laugh:
Combos Don Exits in BARLW.

Wut he sed.
I love my avatar. ^_^
Also, Fixed.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Wait... So, there isn't a skull hammer? Awwwwwwwwwwww~

So I looked in to see how this guide was doing. I start scrolling and I'm like "okay, nothing new up here"

Then I keep going towards the bottom fairly quickly thinking "still the same stuff" and then I stop for a second 'cause something looks different. So I go "what could it b-...

ZOMG IRON!!!! HE CLEANED IT UP!!! IT LOOKS... neat ^_^".

Good job Iron. ^________________^

iRjOn said:
Moth man its no offence to me what so ever.
I was j/king when I sayed something about ur spell checking in another thread. lol

I take in all of you all's little advice and I will make sure its looked into in the final stages of my guide.

TLM you know I was thinking where would moves like that fit...?
Then I was like oh duh their own section.
Called something dunno yet but it will have jab, ftilt, dtilt, and grab.
Probally in that order too.
But yes I use jabs quite a bit.
But yes brawl does kinda lack combo ability.
lol

Thanx as always guys.

O...

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. I just don't like to accidentally get people mad at me. I get enough of that from my brother already >_>

iRjOn

Smash Lord
I know it's a bit late, but I look through the guide a few days back. You're doing a really good job iRjOn.
It's interesting how it's not formal, you have the info all there but you say it in a fun way.

I think it may be nice to have Frame data for the moves. I'll go look it up with the Debug mode code if it sounds like something you'd want to add, just tell me and I'll start as soon as possible. ^_^

Sooo broken, Toon's need to apply it to there game much more. :laugh:

I love my avatar. ^_^
Also, Fixed.
Thanx alot Rutger.
Glad you finally said something
:)

I would love for you to do that if its not to much Rutger man
But dont over stress your self with anything though.
Thanx alot

Wait... So, there isn't a skull hammer? Awwwwwwwwwwww~

So I looked in to see how this guide was doing. I start scrolling and I'm like "okay, nothing new up here"

Then I keep going towards the bottom fairly quickly thinking "still the same stuff" and then I stop for a second 'cause something looks different. So I go "what could it b-...

ZOMG IRON!!!! HE CLEANED IT UP!!! IT LOOKS... neat ^_^".

Good job Iron. ^________________^

O...

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. I just don't like to accidentally get people mad at me. I get enough of that from my brother already >_>
Told you I listen
I dont get mad at people over the interwebz unless they're just ifnorante and stupid.
I have no reason to get mad at you Moth cause i dought you're either of those.

So guys gonna be a moment before i update cause I got the high school graduation test this week soo yea I'mma chill and stuff.
Thanx for the support as always :)
luv you guys <3 no homo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom