• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with "this" situtation | Ask help for a certain situtation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

skizbe

Smash Rookie
Haha thanks for the advice. I don't really like camping, but your advice is logical, and is probbly my best bet.
Does shine cancel the bike recovery?

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Shine is a brutal attack as far as it's knockback is considered. It literally causes your opponent to fall back and down through the air from hitstun, it's not like other attack where you can DI up and give yourself more room to get back to the ledge. It's also a very safe gimp to hit them with, since it literally stops you in the air.

Any attack can knock Wario off a bike, but the shine will knock him off and back at a weird trajectory that his UpB won't compensate for. This works on any character with a less than good UpB, such as...
Link, Ike, Wario, Mario, Luigi, and many many more, even Falco and Lucario can be owned by shine gimping. Put it high up on your list of techniques to master.

You're a noob skiz, good to see you on the boards, I look forward to checkin out your Fox. =3

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
How do I deal with this situation?

An aggressive Meta Knight just happened to have landed on my face and is just waiting to do whatever attack which outprioritizes mine with Fox. How can I somehow predict his next move so he can't punish me cos if I spotdodge he'll attack me from there, if I shield he'll grab me and if I roll he dash attack and followup. What the f*** can I do in this situation?

Zhamy

Smash Champion
An aggressive Meta Knight just happened to have landed on my face and is just waiting to do whatever attack which outprioritizes mine with Fox. How can I somehow predict his next move so he can't punish me cos if I spotdodge he'll attack me from there, if I shield he'll grab me and if I roll he dash attack and followup. What the f*** can I do in this situation?
Don't get hit? If you're in that situation, it's either 1) guess right and MK gets to reset spacing or 2) guess wrong and eat damage.

Not much you can do except outplay your opponent.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

ever tried running or jumping away? or even go for a grab, and if he attacks maybe grab armor can save you

other than that listen to Zhamy.

Sorry but how do you practice intelligently? What must we be aware of whilst practicing?
patterns and habits, openings, making traps, moar mindgames that work...
its something you learn over time. there are some guides in the tactical board to help on getting stated at that.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld

Hardcore prediction reading abilities if you want to follow up with your playstyle. However, it seems like you're getting close too much and being put in unfavorited situations which result in a loss of options or ability. What you could try is playing a more long-range battle for a bit and try to find the position in which the MK is actually playing awkwardly. Usually aggression means less shielding and dodging so find your openings and see if you can land those frame traps.

A well-placed Illusion is one of the best ways to throw off opponent readers. It puts in their mind that you might try one and they'll actually reset your spacing for you and move away at illusion distances. When you see it, you're free to act upon free mobility for a short time. If things also get very complicated at slightly longer tip'd sword distances, you can always illusion away instead. Don't do it too often and make sure you hit the ground quick as MK can easily chase after Fox's illusion.

Basically, short answer to your first situation question is... don't get in that situation anymore.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
Basically, short answer to your first situation question is... don't get in that situation anymore.
i think thats horrible adivce. the whole point was to know what to do. nobody asks to be in something like that, he just wants sum answers in case it does happen.

I would probably just run away from mk to the ledge becuz ur faster than him, and if he chases u, then fall off the edge and illusion back on the stage. If he doesnt chase u then ur out of the situation. Just dont do it too much or it gets predictable.

If hes expecting you to attack, that means u are bein too offensive in ur play style and ur being predictable. Run up and grab him if u feel he is just shield grabbing all of ur approaches.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Any attack can knock Wario off a bike.
As long as you hit Wario's body and not his bike.
Just something to add in for extra clarity.
moar mindgames that work...
Thats pretty much all he needs.
I'm assuming he's a mobile target, all he needs there is to psyche his opponent out a few times.
He reached a learning curve, just haven't found out yet.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
i think thats horrible adivce. the whole point was to know what to do. nobody asks to be in something like that, he just wants sum answers in case it does happen.

I would probably just run away from mk to the ledge becuz ur faster than him, and if he chases u, then fall off the edge and illusion back on the stage. If he doesnt chase u then ur out of the situation. Just dont do it too much or it gets predictable.

If hes expecting you to attack, that means u are bein too offensive in ur play style and ur being predictable. Run up and grab him if u feel he is just shield grabbing all of ur approaches.
Thank you. That's proper advice. I'll try that and also try to avoid the situation anyway. Thanks

Zhamy

Smash Champion
New topic: Why does Kheldar suck so much? Discuss.

More seriously, though, this a "zomg wut do I do when my opponent does ____" thread. Or a "how do I capitalize on ____" thread.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I suggest you make a new one, ask for a lock, and link to this old thread in the new one.

Mostly because a lot of the info is outdated now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom