• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to beat spamming pit?

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Okay, so I main lucario and sheik. And I met this one Pit who would take me to FD. He shoots arrows at me, making it impossible to charge needles or aura sphere, then when i try to approach, he just uses side-b, witch is annoyingly hard to shield roll around. Or he will just get up against the edge and use his A flurry thing. Then it's just a few smashes and I'm dead.

It's not as simple as I made it sound, but that's the general idea. The point is, he was SPAMMING ME TO HELL and I had no idea how to stop him. Would anyone be so kind as to give me some suggestions? (Lucario's double-team (down b) helped a lot but I can't abuse it or it becomes too predictable.)

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
Can't give you advice for Sheik because I don't know how to play her, but just remember that Lucario outranges Pit. Try to space better. If you can, also get Pit in the air because I do believe that Lucario's aerials both outrange and outprioritize Pit's, but someone who mains Lucario may be able to correct me on that. The only other advice I can give is to slow down and think your way through your fights. It may not be as hard as you think if you take time to predict your opponent. Hope that helps...

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
That's exactly why I hate Pit ;)

Use a character with long range or simple jump over your EVIL spamming Pit and attack behind. It's easier than it looks and I have beaten spamming Pits tons of times.

So, use any character. It really dosen't matter.
Personally I use Snake because he has long ranged attacks, but then again I could just use my inutiutive (I can't spell today :bee: )...

Good luck beating that EVIL Pit spammer :bee:
(I have everything against Pit)

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
Oops, my bad, I was only looking at the bottom bit of your post, Lordofthemorning :p
Yeah, I don't know Shiek and Lucario that well.

Sorry... :bee:

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
That's exactly why I hate Pit ;)

Use a character with long range or simple jump over your EVIL spamming Pit and attack behind. It's easier than it looks and I have beaten spamming Pits tons of times.

So, use any character. It really dosen't matter.
Personally I use Snake because he has long ranged attacks, but then again I could just use my inutiutive (I can't spell today :bee: )...

Good luck beating that EVIL Pit spammer :bee:
(I have everything against Pit)
You make it sound like Pit's unbeatable or something. You don't see him dominating the tournament scene, do you? He's not that much more difficult to fight if you learn how to fight against Pits.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
A pit spammer is pretty easy to beat. U know they will do the exact same thing over and over. All you have to do is find abasic counter measure and it will always work. Like idk choose pit or something and mirror shield. Force him to play differently, make him slip up and bam u got him. Most players who spam arnt prepared for other styles of play.

Think of it like this. if ur playing a spammy kirby player who uses final cutter alot. All you really need to do is choose BF and their spam wont work. Hes stick without his main option and his strat falls apart.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
It seemed like my best options were to attack from behind and from above. I can't outspam pit to force him into the air, so I have no option but to approach. Pit's side b seems to catch any non-invincibility frames when i try to roll behind him, and in order to use lucario's superior range i would have to bait him into side b-ing early, since he slides forward. The problem with behind attack was he always kept right on top of the edge (he does after all, have possibly the best recovery in the game)

Is Lucario a bad match-up for Pit? I know Luc has his awesome range, but it seems like his camping game just shuts me down. Sheik seems even worse. Should I use toon link/normal link? He's a tertiary of mine. I imagine he could match Pit's projectile and his nifty little shield would block everything while standing. One of the space animals or Lucas also seem like good choices, but I have no experience with them.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
lol lucas. OMG NO. Lucas gets pwned by pit.
1. Pits faster projectile
2. Pits double reflectors
3. Pits better aerial game
4. Lucas' gimpable recovery in many ways. Arrow at him, arrow at his thunder bolt, WoI push from edge, and mirror shield reflect his missle.
5. Lucas' floaty nature works against a character with good aerial capabilities.
6. All of lucas' specials are useless against a pit who can reflect in time, and his magnet is only a more of a weakness. Leaves u wide open if he fakes u into a pk magnet.

Umm i think lucas has umm, maybe superior grab range, and slower but more powerful smashes. That may be his only advantages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHQGuugwvFM

And heres some video reference of lucas' weaknesses on an average player, if hes like omg godly. He will have a better chance but will still be at a disadvantage. Notice second stock death. Slow aerial movements makes it easier to aim for him with arrows and overall easy to chase down while in the air or on the ground. Also note it isnt a great lucas. But u see what im getting at. (im really glad i got this match on replay. lol. i didnt think i would actually use it for something.)

However fox would be a good counter for pit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pretty simple.
Simply pick up Pit and OutPit the Spammy Pit and show him who the better Pit is.
Make sure that you are aware of Pit's weaknesses, especially the Up-B part.

Now, if you possess a reflector (Pit gots 2), ur noobish opponent may not spam as much arrows as he would your Lucario or Sheik, who dont have reflectors. Be sure to use your arrows in a strategic way.

As for Angel Ring (Side B), should he spam that, use D-tilt or F-tilt close to him and you should be able to pierce through the attack and hit him. This basically means the D-tilt and F-tilt outprioritizes the Angel Ring.

I myself am a good Pit player, but there are others that can explain things better than I can. But if you need any other help against a spammy Pit, I'll be glad to help. It pains me to see noobs abuse that 12-year old angel anyways :(
BTW what color was he using? It better not be gold... :mad:

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Another thing that I feel would have helped a LOT is DI-ing in the right direction. Which way should I DI if Pit gets me with an Angel Ring? And which way should I DI if he gets me with is repeating A flurry?

kown

Smash Lord
Well a good pit doesnt use AR as much as you explain becuase the reward of AR isnt as good as the risk.... for me at least. You can DI out of AAA, just dont try to DI through it. ( with practice you mite be able to DI through it but i ahvent seen it done b4)

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
If you want to beat a spammy Pit, you run at them, jump over them since a Spammy pit would angel ring at you, and you do a B air on their back. If they arrow spam, have a reflector contest and make sure you win it.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
just jump down and grab the edge until pit stops spaming...with lucario you get plenty of invincibility frames on edge...

this or power shield...

we need more details can you send a vid?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Personally I'd be pit and just sit there with my mirror shield moving it up and down. * It looks kewl*

Than went they approach drop the shield, a step dodge would work since most times they try to grab.

Btw whats QFT mean?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Personally I'd be pit and just sit there with my mirror shield moving it up and down. * It looks kewl*

Than went they approach drop the shield, a step dodge would work since most times they try to grab.

Btw whats QFT mean?
QFT means Quoted for Truth. But that's not why I came in here. I just decided to come in just to see how people would react to a spammy Pit. Powershielding might sound like a good idea, but you'd better have a character who can put up his/her shield really quick. Otherwise powershielding and inching your way towards Pit isn't going to help. You're probably better off with airdodges.

kupo15

Smash Hero
He beat the Pit spammer!! It is as easy as that lol. I would have never guessed. QFT. I was going to ask that soon anyway lol

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
Dodge the projectiles and stay close to him. Keep close so he doesn't get a chance.

That's all I can say.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
OutPit the Pit with Pit with Reflectors, and outprioritize the Angel Ring with D-tilt and F-tilt (F-air works too)

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Ness vs Pit works pretty good for me. PSI MAgnet all those arrows, and you can PSIM, lag cancel, PSIM Foward to approach and keep your magnet against a spammer.

As for lucario or Shiek, simply hop over the arrows and air dodge right. If hes shooting arrows off screen and making them come and hit you, it can be hard to predict but dont worry youll get to him in time. With Lucario get close enough so you can hit him but far enough so he cant get you(youve got range.)

Feather Cancling, thats something wayy harder than a spammy pit.

Top Bottom