• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to analog wavedash?

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Easier to use a jump button. Muscle Memory will take over.

You are a Ness Player. You need to use a Jump Button to DJC your attacks while moving forward/backward.

xbombr

Smash Ace
I can't do it, but you're going to have to find a way to get the control stick from the up position to the down-right or down-left postion and press R/L before your character leaves the ground.

I'd say you're better off using X/Y to do it since you could more accurately vary the length of the wavedash that way.

Halloween

Smash Cadet
mewtwo is very good, but he is the hardest character to learn, and well i honestly doubt your gonna master him.

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
to answer your question:
1. hit joystick up
2. immediately hit joystick from up position to down-right/down-left position and hit L/R

its hard lol.

N64

Smash Champion
Just tap up, tap down+direction and L. Takes a while to get down, but it's not too bad imo. Probably easier with x/y but i was too stubborn to switch when i learned.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Lol, random? What if it chooses a crappy character...

And Mewtwo, used right, is very good.
Good in the sense that you'll beat your scrub friends? Yeah, but that goes for any character.

Good in the sense that you'll start placing well in tournaments with him? lolno

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice
I don't have any friends. Anyways, I like using Link so far, I wanna unlock some other characters...need to practice. I think I'm going to make something just to summarize everything. Close my useless threads here someone, I have an idea.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
He's like the hardest to unlock I think. 20 hours of Melee to get him? But in reality, 20 hours is chump change.

M2 is cool, his nair will piss everyone off.

X1-12

Smash Champion
if you wanna unlock M2 real easy and you have two GC controllers you can just set up a 1-stock match with two human players then leave it on overnight, wake up and kill the other person and your time will be up like 8 hours. or if you only have one GC controller you could just play a level 1 with 99 stock on hyrule temple, They'll probably kill you eventually but it should add a few hours

Or you could just play the game properly for 20 hours =]

Proverbs

Smash Lord
The only thing amazing about Mewtwo is how there are some people good enough at this game to use him and play decently. Mewtwo, however, is never amazing. Main Captain Falcon. You'll never regret it.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Just thought it was relevant that when I had opened a bunch of various tabs of SWF threads, before I clicked on this one, it said "How to anal".

Smash Master
It's not that hard once you get used to it. I drillshine like that actually. Up, diagonal-down, L, down, X, A, down, L, B, repeat. :)

Top Bottom