• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How the Midwest Was Won by Boss Thread (Athens, Ohio)

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
I'm gradually uploading individual matches to http://www.youtube.com/OUGamingArts from the livestream archive.

I'm doing all of the Ultimate Falcon Championship and probably the finals matches of all the other recorded events. If you had a match on stream and really want me to put it on YouTube, let me know.

D

Deleted member

I texted Kiest about it and he said he would post full results when he gets a chance...

It's all in the TIO file....I don't understand what's so time consuming about it.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Off the top of my head.

6 pools X 5-6 people = 30-36 people (32 IIRC)
1: Boss - Luigi, Mario
2: Kel - Marth
3: POPS - Wario, samus
4: Blue Rogue - Wario
5: Ralph Cecil - Snake
5: Mister Eric - ROB
7: Sorasin - Falco
7: SneakyTaco - D3, ROB
9: Sil - ROB
9: Suyon - Pit
9: Luminoth - Wolf
9: PAPA Z - Marth
13: Cameron - Captian Falcon
13: Overswarm - ROB
13: Sombra - Diddy, Kirby?
13: Sleep - Falco
17: Blazing Katakiri - Sonic, PT?
17: Jiffy - Wario
17: Soulpatch - Jigglypuff
17: KassandraNova - Peach
17: Auspher - Wolf
17: TheKiest - D3
17: Framerate - Jigglypuff
17: Taj - D3

Hope that helps

Also Mars, I want to watch some of the pokemon puzzle league matches that were on stream, i need to review my mistakes to defeat K-bro :D.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
Also Mars, I want to watch some of the pokemon puzzle league matches that were on stream, i need to review my mistakes to defeat K-bro :D.
Pokemon Puzzle League matches will go up after I finish uploading Falcon Championship matches. I intend to post the games between players who knew what they were doing (so, Kbro, Tako, SoulPech, Kiest, and myself) and just leave out the games where a first time player got blown up.

How hard do you think it would be to start up a midwest Puzzle League scene?

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for late shoutouts (ha most people probably not even keeping tabs on this). Fun tourney, sad I missed pokemon puzzle league (and want to see the vids to see how I stack up). Gotta learn to drop my pride and actually counterpick every once in a while lol.

1: Boss - Gratz on 1st
2: Kel - I was hoping to have my first ever Marth ditto be against you this tourney, ha. Gratz on 2nd, next time keep that Ohio money outta others' hands, ha.
3: POPS -gratz on 3rd, very nice indeed.
4: Blue Rogue - gratz on 4th. I'm going to keep playing Wario against my brother 'till he can beat you :)
5: Ralph Cecil - gratz on 5th, no worries on the MM I was just trying to play more...I go to a tourney on average like twice a year and then don't even play people lol.
5: Mister Eric -gratz on 5th, thanks for the friendlies and ROB advice.
7: SneakyTaco - good to see you, man. I too expected your ROB only to realize DDD was what I was getting. Next time you get Fox/Olimar lol.
13: Overswarm - thanks for the bits of advice here and there, hoping to see a bit more of you now that MK's outta the picture. Sorry I never came over for some pokemon puzzle league, I had people eager to leave.
13: Sombra - good matches! I wanna get that matchup down with Marth, but I shoulda given you Snake at some point.
13: Sleep - Maybe if we'd just play at tournies as well as we play otherwise we'd actually get somewhere, eh?
17: Soulpatch - good friendlies
17: KassandraNova - all I really remember of you this tourny was my brother coming over from his pools with you saying "Kassandra just ***** my ***."
17: Auspher - good matches, wish we woulda had more. Also thank you for babysitting my coat.
17: TheKiest - Great tourny, I'm glad to have finally come to another. You have to have more pokemon puzzle league, I'm super sad that I missed that. I'll try to make MOMO's again one of these days.
17: Framerate - good playing, man! Your Puff is much harder to deal with than I would have expected. You're one of the only people I play that can, with advancement on the line, be as chill about the game as I am. And then we joke about what's happening as we play. Maybe it's not for our own good when it comes to winning, come to think of it lol.

To the new people here, I'm glad you came and hope you had fun and have a newfound drive to improve your game and make more appearances!

Sorry if I missed/forgot anyone.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
A thing of note.....
I am a failure.
Now other things....
Thanks to steelemcfly.com for the stream. (Nice plug, eh? But seriously, it was good sound, good picture, good framerate.)
Listened to myself on the stream...ummmm...stop saying "like" and it'd be good. Maybe I could do more?
I need to play a lot more.
Now that that's out of the way.... shoutouts.

BRAWL SINGLES:
1: Boss- ggs in doubles. Nice job on 1st.
2: Kel- good games in singles pools and the MK funsies
3: POPS- nice job on 3rd. good to see you
4: Blue Rogue- thanks for teaming with me, our losses in doubles were so close. More wifi MK funsies?
5: Ralph Cecil- thanks for the compliments and I'll get you next time we play. :)
5: Mister Eric- nice seeing you.
7: Sorasin- nice playing with you.
7: SneakyTaco- sneakkyyyy, nice seeing you.
9: Sil- damnnn. got me all frustrated stop playing so patient. ggs
9: Suyon- see, you had some funnnn. Glad you came out. We gotta start playing
9: Luminoth- good games in doubles. Your wolf is still scary. :)
9: PAPA Z- nice to see you and your brother made it out. Oh... and Austin thinks your brother is hot. Wario ditto next time?
13: Cameron- the sleeper here. really good player, nice seeing you.
13: Overswarm- nice seeing you. you need to come to more tournies.. (well so do I but still)
13: Sombra- good money match, thanks for coming out. we'll have to run that back for sure.
13: Sleep- Auspher thought you were hot... >.>, also hope to play you some time.
17: Blazing Katakiri- gg, nice of you to come out.
17: Jiffy- come on buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
17: Soulpatch- lololol soul patch, its soulPECH. anyways, nice seeing you. I think you got better too.
17: KassandraNova- had fun hanging out in the salt pit with you.
17: Auspher- grow a set, thanks for housing and fun hanging out with you. We still haven't played a set in like a year.
17: TheKiest- great tourney but yo... surprised the hell outta me with the stages being legal.
17: Framerate- nice seeing you, hope to see you soon.
17: Taj- good games in doubles.

JBro... Good games in pools. :)
OUGA people: nice seeing you. Hope I see you all before the year is out.
McFly: thanks for the stream.

To all.... I want to, I need to play all of you. Next time I see you find me to play please. (I' the loud one I'm told) I'll try and make it a point to play you as well. Hope to see you all soon.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I had misplaced the pool sheets, which I had not entered into TIO.

Pool results added. Will add bracket images when I can.

@John: I for the life of me can never remember who exactly used who. I also do not have much internet time to be on Smash boards to keep updating the OP. I used D3.

Kel

Smash Master
I would really like my singles games uploaded. The Marth boards are super helpful and having any form of videos is a great tool.

Thanks!

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
what about dubs i did place in dubs but my partner choked on me but he still cool. and im sorry it took so long to get on just working and no cpu but it was fun and everyone was friendly and kool and i would love to come to another event but a little caught up in work but i will visit again when i get the chance and then i will have some MM's set-up too.

Smash Apprentice
Hah yeah Kassandra that's him.

Also; still no Pokemon Puzzle League or non-falcon brawl uploads? Hate to be a bother but
< sad camper.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
Sorry the stream uploads are taking so long. I've been busy and the process is time consuming. I'm planning on getting back into it very soon.

edit - All of Day 1 uploaded (including Puzzle League). Saturday stuff coming soon.

http://youtu.be/K6sTyDmCFH0

Kel

Smash Master
Hey can someone update the first post to give John1234 the information he needs? I'd like this tournament to be ranked.

Smash Apprentice
To that end I used Marth/Oli/D3 in bracket, though D3 didn't help me advance (if that matters).

effect>end has been bugging me since I typed it

Top Bottom