• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How the hell do you guys do so good with falco?

LuCas23332

Smash Journeyman
Office_Shredder said:
falsefalco, bombsoldier's combos are nothing like DBR. DBR's combos come after hundreds of hours of taping. If I recall correctly, bombsoldier's combo video was made off of 14 matches :)

The other people listed are all really good US players; not necessarily falco though
By "nothing like DBR" do you mean bombsoldier's combo's aren't really that great compared to DBR? If so, I'd want to know:

1. What/who in the world DBR is.
2. What does DBR stand for.
3. Any videos of DBR people?

festizzio

Smash Champion
LuCas23332 said:
By "nothing like DBR" do you mean bombsoldier's combo's aren't really that great compared to DBR? If so, I'd want to know:

Actually I think he's saying that Bombsoldier pulled of combos in 14 matches that took DBR hours and hours to make.

Office_Shredder

Smash Ace
LuCas23332 said:

DBR is a smash team. I actually don't know what it stands for (too lazy to look it up, I know someone's gonna call me a noob now :laugh: ). Just go to video.google.com and look up "DBR", you should see a bunch of smash combo videos.

And festizzio hit the nail on the head

Jazn

Smash Rookie
hey OC2 is across the country for me too.

To summarize DBR:

DBR- Death By ****
A smash combo team with decent players (pro?)
If I recall correctly DSF is the best on the team
Evolution is a good video.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I'll slightly elaborate on Jazn's description of DBR.

Death By **** is a smash crew from Norcal. They have around 7 players, each highly specialized in a certain character. They're pretty close to pro, seeing as Die Super (Supa?) Fly beat Ken in tourney conditions.

They're most well known for making really flashy combo videos, the most famous probably being Shined Blind. If you have the capabilities, get Evolution. It goes for 46 minutes, but it's really good and shows every current member of DBR. There's no Falco in there though, soooooooo I dunno.

Miharu

Smash Hero
There was a Falco. Dunno what happened to him, though.

DSF is pro, I believe. Ranked 16 in US, I think?

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Hydro Kirby said:
There was a Falco. Dunno what happened to him, though.

DSF is pro, I believe. Ranked 16 in US, I think?
I think the Falco was called "The Sweetness". That's one of the names at the start of Death from Above.

I just checked, and DSF is ranked 12th in USA. =/ Wow.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
"The Sweetness" is the new name of SultanofSamitude, who hung out with those people back in the day; and from what I hear, he doesn't really play anymore.

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
Just learn the advanced techniques and basically learn all about pillar combos and how broken the SHL is and how powerful his fsmash and dsmashes are and you will realize that falco belongs in god tier :) This should take you about a month to become an advanced falco if your an advanced player...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I got alright with him in like a day. I could beat my friend in a ditto in one day of training and he used falco for 2 years. Sad. Yeah. Just practice, but some things and some people are just naturally good.

LuCas23332

Smash Journeyman
commonyoshi said:
I got alright with him in like a day. I could beat my friend in a ditto in one day of training and he used falco for 2 years. Sad. Yeah. Just practice, but some things and some people are just naturally good.
Heh,yeah, thats what I was pointing out, everyone is different.

Some people can train for 2 years and be good and some people can just train for less than that and already be good, no ones the same.

Ill admit a month isnt enough to be a pro (Its been 2 weeks and a half already, im getting used to falco at least, but im not "pro" yet, i'd say an early intermediate with it)

But ill point out in a "few" months (which means 3, 4, 5, or 6 months, so on) I can get more used to it and be good with falco.

Theres just people out there (I might be one of them) that just learn this quickly and can learn quickly in these games.

(No, im not saying other people are stupid, theres nerds in school out there that aren't really efficient in games and theres not-so good people in school that are completely insane in games)

I guess ill admit im not that good in school, but I do have fast fingers, I have fast reaction, and im a gamer.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Being a "nerd" means nothing. It could go either way; being a nerd won't give you an innate advantage in SSBM.

And Falco dittos are all tech skill. Who ever has better tech skill and is able to pull of combos will win.

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
the_world's_greatest said:
it will take more then a month to become really advanced(good) with him
Not necessarily it depends on your level of skill, it took me a month to have an advanced falco, it can take longer for you...

Zeke_

Smash Journeyman
ive only been playing smash for six months and all that stuff in the vid really isnt that hard.

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
Yea tru dat...I've been playing for like 6 months and only like 1 month with falco and I can say my falco is beyond decency...:)

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
If you play only Falco for months then yeah you will be able to get most of his techniques down, his WD, his SHL, all that jazz. But technical skill doesn't constitute pro status - pretty much everybody that goes to these boards can do most of the technical skills to some degree of mastery, but the vast majority aren't near pro status at all.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
RastaImposta said:
Learning all the tech skill wont help as much as mind games, you should know that.
Yeah. Tech skill is an enabler; with supreme techskill, you have more possible mindgames.

...and you can combo well ^_~

Serpreme

Smash Apprentice
and yes lucas ignores me :)
You can claim your as good as you want,but ultimatelly your only as good as you are. Nothing you say will change how you are.
Also just because someone played falco for 2 years doesnt mean he was even good. He could have picked it up once a week or along thos lines.
Show us videos :) Thats all i'm asking. And tell me how you plan to remedy the exerpeince problem.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
LuCas23332 said:
Heh,yeah, thats what I was pointing out, everyone is different.

Some people can train for 2 years and be good and some people can just train for less than that and already be good, no ones the same.

Ill admit a month isnt enough to be a pro (Its been 2 weeks and a half already, im getting used to falco at least, but im not "pro" yet, i'd say an early intermediate with it)

But ill point out in a "few" months (which means 3, 4, 5, or 6 months, so on) I can get more used to it and be good with falco.

Theres just people out there (I might be one of them) that just learn this quickly and can learn quickly in these games.

(No, im not saying other people are stupid, theres nerds in school out there that aren't really efficient in games and theres not-so good people in school that are completely insane in games)

I guess ill admit im not that good in school, but I do have fast fingers, I have fast reaction, and im a gamer.
u need good human experience. mew2king (really good fox player, top 25, dont no where he's ranked) got good pretty fast. except, he had good experience. he went to A TON of tounreys and faced good people. he got pro in i'd say 4-6 months. and, like i said, in order to become pro, you HAVE to be ranked. you said ur not trying to become the best in the world, right? pro= one of the best in the world.

oh, and please make a video of your progress

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Yeah thats really the only way to progress well in a short time.

Otherwise you need to build over a long period of time like myself :crying:

LuCas23332

Smash Journeyman
foxandfalco said:
u need good human experience. mew2king (really good fox player, top 25, dont no where he's ranked) got good pretty fast. except, he had good experience. he went to A TON of tounreys and faced good people. he got pro in i'd say 4-6 months. and, like i said, in order to become pro, you HAVE to be ranked. you said ur not trying to become the best in the world, right? pro= one of the best in the world.

oh, and please make a video of your progress
Yeah ill make a video of myself soon, and I was saying pro as in "good", not "best person in the world"

My friend says theres a pro falco player that lives around here, I doubt that pro falco player is the best in the world, people tend to use 'pro' as in good, not 'best in the world'.

I need to find a recorder for this though.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
So...are ya as good as bombsoldier yet? Its been over a year man, Im still waiting to see some videos by you.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I'm just wondering, is it possible your use of the word "pro" has been influenced by pure pwnage? If so, that's probably the source of most of the flaming/misunderstanding in this thread.

And yeah, lucas, care for a follow up post for all of us haters? ^__^

Repryx

Smash Champion
I'd like to see your reasoning.
.....lolz....

But Yeah Lucas Lemme Give you my Story 6 months ago Last Saturday I Picked up smash for the 1st time (since the Christmas season it came out). Needless to Say I got PWNed. I told my friend I'll be @ least ten notches under you before school ends. In between then I played people BETTER than me and I progressed way faster than I thought I would. THEN I saw Bombsoldier Vids and Shiz Forward and Mathos. I incorporated some of their moves into my own and am slowly developing my own style. Soon enough Me and my friend became the best in our immediate area. THEN we went to our first tourney last Saturday.... Got PWNed? Yea....Both of us. BUT the people we met were pretty good. Actually it was the BRK (Black Rain Krew) One of whom *almost* beat Shiz (which gives you a visual of their level). Most of em use Falco pretty hot. even if he isnt their main. I learned from them, absorbed all I could and now Im better already. The moral of the story is...Its gonna take alot more than what I did to go pro. Show some Vids!

Repryx

Smash Champion
Heh Its ongoing I'll Send you chap. 2 in another 6 months lolz Preview (I finally go pro and BRAWL comes out w/o Falco) lolz jk i dunno

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I tried reading this thread over again and its still just as ******** as it was a year ago.

Top Bottom