• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How the hell do you guys do so good with falco?

Banned via Administration
RastaImposta said:
(which 5150, you were partially right about MLG Dallas, I couldnt stop shaking and my dumbass thought I could hold up against some of the characters with my Roy, shaking didnt help and I lost, I won all my matches with IC though, next MLG I will continue to play with Roy, hopefully Ill be accustomed to playing under pressure)
lol, shaking.......No Johns. You won as IC because most noobs suck *** against IC.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Also, I'd like to add; learning all the techs you can imagine won't make you pro. They'll make you a trained noob. You can make the ascension from trained noob to pro, but that takes alot of what mikeman was talking about. It takes experience. You can't learn everything off've CPU's anyway, they don't play the way humans do. They don't do the simplest things like wavedashing, sheildgrabbing, edgeguarding, DIing, etc.

Guy, you really need to understand that you can't become pro in 2 months. We're not trying to break you, we're not totally hating on you, we're giving you the truth.

Keep practicing, but stop thinking you can be so good in such a short time. It won't happen.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
5150 said:
lol, shaking.......No Johns. You won as IC because most noobs suck *** against IC.
I was nervous man, 8 hours of doing nothing, couldnt practice because KillaOR, Ken, Chudat, Isai, and other pros where the only people allowed to practice on the 3 tvs not being used. Plus, $7 dollar burgers were not in my budget, so I was hungry for most of the time. Sleeping was a big factor, me and about 5 other people got less than 4 hours of sleep because we were practicing.
I have to give you that, those people did suck against IC, I 2 stocked most of them (they switched it to 3 stock to save time at MLG) then I got cocky and switched to Roy, now IC are my main and fox and roy are my secondaries.
The only thing I didnt like at MLG was that pro's were in the amature bracket, dope was in my pool, King and KillaOR were in my friends pool, he almost beat king. None of us were at 100% that day, I knew we wouldnt do aswell as we thought, it was more of a learning experience for me, and ****, I did learn some things.

Banned via Administration
RastaImposta said:
I was nervous man, 8 hours of doing nothing, couldnt practice because KillaOR, Ken, Chudat, Isai, and other pros where the only people allowed to practice on the 3 tvs not being used. Plus, $7 dollar burgers were not in my budget, so I was hungry for most of the time. Sleeping was a big factor, me and about 5 other people got less than 4 hours of sleep because we were practicing.
I'm sorry, LOL, but that is like the biggest john i've EVER HEARD becuase it's about 7 johns in one!

LuCas23332

Smash Journeyman
Alright then, if you guys really think I cant be pro in 2 months, then 3 months or somewhere under a year.

It wont take me a whole year to be pro thats for sure. Maybe it takes some of you a year, but it wont for me cause im practicing mostly the whole day now and everyday, I doubt some of you play that much, thats why it took you guys a year.

I have a lot of times on my hand cause im only 15, until im 16 or 17 or 18 I won't have anymore time, so might as well have fun before it disappears later.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Wow. He still doesn't get it. Alright fellas, let's move on. He can't be helped, there's nothing we can do. His cockiness is iron-clad.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Lol wow are you sure you're 15? You seem more like 5 to me.

Being pro is about experience and mindgames, and unless you feel like traveling the country every weekend for the biggest tournaments, playing with people like Ken everyday, and hanging out with pros you won't become pro not even within the year and even with those conditions, you wouldn't become pro that quickly.

So sit down and shut up.

LuCas23332

Smash Journeyman
Haha, you're all against me now just cause you cant make me think the way you guys want me to think?

I see, but you guys can't predict how I play or how I will play in the future.

Like I said, everyone is different, how many times do I have to mention that?

It seems like YOU are the one that doesnt get it, and yes, I say move on, dont post in this thread anymore cause it has no more point to it as I already know how to play falco a bit now.

If you guys wont believe I can be pro in under a year thats fine to me, cause I know I will ^^

Move on ;)

LuCas23332

Smash Journeyman
superryan said:
Oh ok so i guess for the rest of the year we should see "LuCas23332" in the top 5 of the rest of the MLGs
I dont know why you guys keep thinking that im trying to be in top 5 or be as good as bombsoldier, all I said was ill be pro under a year.

And no, not the "rest" of the year, but somewhere in a few months ;)

Once again, theres no point in this thread anymore, so lets move on ;)

Tin

Smash Journeyman
ill be waiting for your vids/success with the utmost of enthusiasm.

dont worry guys, im keeping tabs on the time.

IM GOING TO MY FIRST TOURNEY THIS WEEKEND. YAY. cant wait to get my Falco crushed and creamed and bruised and experienced.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Just so I know, what do you mean by becoming pro? Do you simply mean becoming really good like DBR people, or do you mean actual professional, as in getting payed to play?

LuCas23332

Smash Journeyman
forblaze71 said:
Just so I know, what do you mean by becoming pro? Do you simply mean becoming really good like DBR people, or do you mean actual professional, as in getting payed to play?
I don't what DBR is, but I mean pro as in good.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Lucas It's all good... They just don't realize that some people are always going to be better than they are :) Just keep practicing, and playing... once you get down all of your technical skills, you're gonna need to play humans and adapt, cause lv. 1, and lv. 9 CPUs don't DI or do "good stuff"...

Bailey

Smash Hero
Lucas you should just quit the game now. I mean "I thought I would be a pro in a day!" "People spend 3 months in CS trying to knife as good as me!" This game ain't CS. You will never become pro I want to say I am sorry but this is to amusing.

LuCas23332

Smash Journeyman
ItalianPlayerBoi said:
Lucas you should just quit the game now. I mean "I thought I would be a pro in a day!" "People spend 3 months in CS trying to knife as good as me!" This game ain't CS. You will never become pro I want to say I am sorry but this is to amusing.
Another fellow who wants me to think what they want me to think eh, I'd have say you can quit this thread instead ;)

I've already mastered everything except wavedashing and waveshining, everything's being easier as day passes, and I play 6-10 hours a day and practice combos/moves.

Me quit the game? Haha, thats funny, your like telling me "suck my **** or go die", enough of you already told me I wont be pro in a few months ok I get the point now, but I still believe im going to be pro in a few months, no one can change that, not even ken can change that, cause I know I will.

Havent I already told everyone to stop posting in this thread?
A moderator needs to close this.

If anyone else has a problem with me being a pro in 3 months take it in a PM, this thread is already done for and nothing will change me into thinking I wont become pro, cause I will.

Everyone is different for the (5th time I think?) just cause you cant become pro in a short span doesn't mean I cant, im different from everyone, keep your opinions about me to yourself.

festizzio

Smash Champion
ItalianPlayerBoi said:
What are you talking about. This game is much easier than CS.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I keep loling everytime Lucas posts.

Pro isn't just "OMG LOOK AT ME I WAVESHINE LIKE TEH PR0Z0RZ"

Goto big tournaments and beat big name pros within a few months.

I dare you.

LuCas23332

Smash Journeyman
superryan said:
I keep loling everytime Lucas posts.

Pro isn't just "OMG LOOK AT ME I WAVESHINE LIKE TEH PR0Z0RZ"

Goto big tournaments and beat big name pros within a few months.

I dare you.
I loled at yours too, cause you misread all my posts and thought them all the wrong idea ;)

I never said a pro is all about if you can do moves or not, well, maybe it is, but I still didn't say that either way ;)

I know what a pro is and how a pro plays, Im not an idiot ;)

Those "big name" pros? Yet again another person that thinks im trying to be the best player in the world, all I said was I WILL be pro in a few months, I dont know what the hell you guys are reading but clean your eyes.

Would you guys stop posting in this **** thread already for the 2nd/3rd time, its over, you cant make me think the way you want to.

Stop saying I wont be pro in 3 months, it wont change me, I WILL be pro in a few months, god **** I get the point already you cant even change the way I think just **** off this thread.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Hmm. We have some definition problems here.

For future reference; when you say you will become 'pro' people will automatically assume you mean you will be as good as the current top players in your country/area.

Would you say that Azen is pro? I certainly would. Now let's contrast to a person such as yourself who is trying to become experienced practicing every day against whatever, but not against other skilled players. You're either pro or you're not, and I'm willing to bet you are not.

However, keep trying. There's nothing stopping you from becoming extremely good or the best, but realize that there are many other people out there in your situation and no matter how adept a learner you are, you simply cannot compete with people who have much more (years) experience than you(a month).

Serpreme

Smash Apprentice
LoL Ok i have no problem with this guy thinking he is good. Maybe he is? Maybe he rocks!
But he plays god **** CS. Pick up a real FPS like tribes and lets dance. I'm on 56k and i havnt played in 2 years,but much like pros (I was top5 in tribes) you never have enough time to whoop up on 14 year old kids who need a good what for.
Edit:
Also i am 90% sure he is facting this ego. I mean come on,who has this kind of ego? Other then a horrible spoiled kid whos parents pay other kids to lose to him constantly.

Serpreme

Smash Apprentice
festizzio said:
What are you talking about. This game is much easier than CS.
CS is the most basic FPS righ tnext to quake1. I mean its a basic 2d point and shoot interface.
Its what i call a dumb mans FPS. You just need to learn maps and the guns and your going to be good. Thos skill transfer from one FPS to another. Much like fighting skills in MK transfer to MKII and such.

Tribes.

Edit Edit: Just so i dont seem as much of a pompous ******* as i already made myself out to be, lucas your basically belittleing and demeaning everyones hard work here. you may not know it but by saying "I'll be good as the pros" in 3 months your saying "Your about 5-8 times dumber then me,or i am 5-8 times smarter/better then you.

if you didnt think that would cause a flame war,i dont know what else to think then. Thats why i think your ego is fake. Purposefully made up to cause a riot.

Miharu

Smash Hero
LuCas23332 said:
I loled at yours too, cause you misread all my posts and thought them all the wrong idea ;)

I never said a pro is all about if you can do moves or not, well, maybe it is, but I still didn't say that either way ;)

I know what a pro is and how a pro plays, Im not an idiot ;)

Those "big name" pros? Yet again another person that thinks im trying to be the best player in the world, all I said was I WILL be pro in a few months, I dont know what the hell you guys are reading but clean your eyes.

Would you guys stop posting in this **** thread already for the 2nd/3rd time, its over, you cant make me think the way you want to.

Stop saying I wont be pro in 3 months, it wont change me, I WILL be pro in a few months, god **** I get the point already you cant even change the way I think just **** off this thread.
I'm betting you won't.

You don't have the sheer amount of experience needed. I would say to give it about a year or so, but SSBM might have taken a back seat to SSBB by then.

LuCas23332

Smash Journeyman
Serpreme said:
Edit Edit: Just so i dont seem as much of a pompous ******* as i already made myself out to be, lucas your basically belittleing and demeaning everyones hard work here. you may not know it but by saying "I'll be good as the pros" in 3 months your saying "Your about 5-8 times dumber then me,or i am 5-8 times smarter/better then you.

if you didnt think that would cause a flame war,i dont know what else to think then. Thats why i think your ego is fake. Purposefully made up to cause a riot.
No, its basically saying im more addicted than they are in this game, and I have lots of time, I probably have more time than more than half of this community here to play, I doubt they have all day to play this game. I play from 3 PM to about 2:00 AM everyday, and an additional hour from waking up at 6 getting ready for school. Weekends I play from 7:00 AM to 12, take a break and start again at about 2:00 PM and stop around 3:00 AM, go to sleep for a few hours, play at 7:00 am and so on.

You can call me a low life, but that explains why I think ill do this all in a few months, doesn't it? ;)

There are smart nerds out there that aren't good in some games, and theres some really not so smart people that are insane in games, ssb can't be determined by how smart you are.

Hydro Kirby said:
I'm betting you won't.

You don't have the sheer amount of experience needed. I would say to give it about a year or so, but SSBM might have taken a back seat to SSBB by then.
Heh, when SSBB comes out we'll all be even on this, and this time ill say this: when ssbb comes out I WILL try to aim for the top 5 or the best ssb player in the world, but for SSBM im trying to just be a "pro" in a few months.

Miharu

Smash Hero
LuCas23332 said:
No, its basically saying im more addicted than they are in this game, and I have lots of time, I probably have more time than more than half of this community here to play, I doubt they have all day to play this game.

You can call me a low life, but that explains why I think ill do this all in a few months, doesn't it? ;)

There are smart nerds out there that aren't good in some games, and theres some really not so smart people that are insane in games, ssb can't be determined by how smart you are.
Lol, here we go with the stereotyping.

Don't think that you're so special that you can vault into the top ranks of the SSBM community within a few short months.

Unicyclist

Smash Cadet
Falcon-comboartist said:
youre lucky youve discovered this site so soon, for about 2 years i thought i was an amazing smash player, but i was a total noob. But dont give up if u cant do that stuff after a day of playing the game. I will admit I can do anything done in that vid but I've been practicing since the game first came out. Try reading bornfidelity's guide and reading the "general terms" sticky in melee discussion board. good luck!
I agree-I totally wish I had known about this site right when I got the game so that I could have learned the tactics worth learning, instead of the easy-to-learn ones that turn out to be worthless in the end.

Serpreme

Smash Apprentice
Umm actually it isnt the fact you can play lvl9 bots all day and such. The one thing you havnt directly addressed is the RAW expereince needed to be called a pro. In 3 months you wont be able to play 1/10th the matchs real pros have.
There are countless people who dont have anything to do with their lives,hell during your age i was doing exactly that. Just with tribes.
12-14 hours a day playing tribes,out of a total of 3 years hardcore playing,i did 2 years of solid gaming time minute for minute. So dont think your unique. Your just starting down a path a lot of us have already done.
Edit: when did i get old :(

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
LuCas23332 said:
No, its basically saying im more addicted than they are in this game, and I have lots of time, I probably have more time than more than half of this community here to play, I doubt they have all day to play this game. I play from 3 PM to about 2:00 AM everyday, and an additional hour from waking up at 6 getting ready for school. Weekends I play from 7:00 AM to 12, take a break and start again at about 2:00 PM and stop around 3:00 AM, go to sleep for a few hours, play at 7:00 am and so on.
By yourself on computers or with people? I doubt other people have the time to play as much as you do, as you said. Makes me wonder what M2K has to say about this.

By the way: sleep much?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
FalseFalco said:
Hmm. We have some definition problems here.

For future reference; when you say you will become 'pro' people will automatically assume you mean you will be as good as the current top players in your country/area.

Would you say that Azen is pro? I certainly would. Now let's contrast to a person such as yourself who is trying to become experienced practicing every day against whatever, but not against other skilled players. You're either pro or you're not, and I'm willing to bet you are not.

However, keep trying. There's nothing stopping you from becoming extremely good or the best, but realize that there are many other people out there in your situation and no matter how adept a learner you are, you simply cannot compete with people who have much more (years) experience than you(a month).
:chuckle:

anyways, pro isnt just good..it's really good like ken, azen, neo, zang, blah blah top 25, what? yea boi

think you can be top 25 in USA in the next 3 months? if not, then u cant be "pro" but still be good

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
haha thx foxandfalco for putting me up there w/ azen ken and neo! did he 4get abt all the other insane players lik pc, or am i jus that good? who knows lol!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Zanguzen said:
haha thx foxandfalco for putting me up there w/ azen ken and neo! did he 4get abt all the other insane players lik pc, or am i jus that good? who knows lol!
lol, i completely forgot about pc. oh well, ur more gangta lol

Bailey

Smash Hero
Zang you are totally better then the other. Also 6-10 hours a day? Loser! I mean I play like 30min-1 hour a day but that is over doing it.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
foxandfalco said:
:chuckle:

anyways, pro isnt just good..it's really good like ken, azen, neo, zang, blah blah top 25, what? yea boi

think you can be top 25 in USA in the next 3 months? if not, then u cant be "pro" but still be good
who are those people? All I know is that bombsoldier is the best falco because I saw his combo video and his combos were so impressive like dbr and I think he's the best and my opinion is better than yours.

I'm going to oc2, are nj's finest and zang going? FALCO PRIDE!?

Office_Shredder

Smash Ace
falsefalco, bombsoldier's combos are nothing like DBR. DBR's combos come after hundreds of hours of taping. If I recall correctly, bombsoldier's combo video was made off of 14 matches :)

The other people listed are all really good US players; not necessarily falco though

Top Bottom