• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how much do you procrastinate

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
i am not going to give you a definition of how much "very much" or "very little" is, you can construct one for yourself in your post

for me, i usually put off a lot of things until the last minute although rarely i will happen to complete all my work as soon as i get it

XACE-K

Smash Master
I don't procrastinate until the last day but for me it's usually the day before a project for school is due. Right now I'm procrastinating by being on SWF when I should be doing my French class project.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I am trying to do my papers ahead of time, only to realize I need to turn them end by next Friday, so I don't have to wake up early. I got this.

Peeze

Smash Master
I had a month to write an 18 page paper on factors that influenced the writing of the constitution easy stuff. I still waited till the Sunday before to do it.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
I keep meaning to study for my exams and such, but Smashboards is my homepage so whenever I go online to research I get distracted and end up putting it off for the evening.
She's an unbreakable vice.:ohwell:

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
lol peeze i did the same thing with that huge english essay everyone writes senior year of highschool.

i sighted everything incorrectly and i was 2 pages short (because i LITERALLY ran out of time, i was doing the project all day during the day class was 8th period) and still got a C cuz our teacher is an ex pro football lineman and he loves when i talk football w/ him.

smahsboards is only crack because of the user cp button. that **** is TOO convenient.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I do it so often it's pathetic... I don't wish for anybody to go through these feelings of... guilt. This is just not the right way to go, but what's right anyway nowadays? It's such a hassle getting things done and worry about the deadline, it's not really worth it. But I keep doing it because I'm absolutely chaotic ;_;

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I'm constantly bombarded by deadlines for school and work. If I let it, it could get pretty stressful. However, I'm not the kind of person to let just about anything bother me. I've found that even if I procrastinate to the last day for big projects, it's still alright if I keep it cool. When I can type a meaningful essay in three hours, why waste a week on it?

AngelOfSkyland

Smash Cadet
Hah. I procrastinate all the time. One of my worst habits. I keep trying to stop doing it, and I'll read a little bit of the book I'm supposed to read, or write a little bit of my paper, but I always end up getting distracted by stuff online or playing Brawl or going to do something with friends or whatever. So the big paper or project due on Monday is always getting done on Sunday night. XD

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I'm procrastinating right now... in fact I pretty much do it everyday of my life... even when I don't have school or anything to work on I somehow manage to procrastinate. @_@;

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I procrastinate ALOT. Like this one time, I had this huge assignment due on a Monday and I finished it on the weekend before it. Spent like 6 hours on each day working on it. It was HUGE! I was so stressed out but I managed to finish it and get a decent mark on it.

=)

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
I have found that I get better marks of English essays which I did the morning they were due than ones I spent time on. So now I don't work better under pressure, I work only under pressure. Calvin and Hobbes!

That being said, I have a week to do 26 hours of artwork. Not sure I'll be able to pull that off.

D13

Smash Ace
I'm only a Freshman in high school, so I haven't had that many huge projects to procrastinate on. But I'd say I'm a mild procrastinator.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I AM OFFICIALLY DUBBING MYSELF THE KING OF PROCRASTINATION!

For example I had this huge essay on a "controversial issue" ( i had child labor) due in my english class on a friday. We had like 1 month +... and the requirements were a minimun of 12 sources, 8 pages, and some other bull. Well i finished it in like a combined 8 hours, i didn't have to pull an all nighter. I did all i could from 7 pm thursday evening went to sleep at about 1 am. And finished the rest in class. No she is still grading them but i'll post my grade when she gives them back. My procrastination developed the summer going into freshman year, and since than i don't think i've actually done "homework", i somehow manage to do it at school.

And i have the combo awawrds thread i'm "working" on but i haven't even updated the list.. so yeah im a dirrrrrty procrastinator, best of the best if you ask me. =D

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
Hate to look like a goody-two-shoes, but I stopped procrastinating about a year and a half ago...and I'm so glad I did.

lordzedd

Smash Rookie
well.. since im here looking at this forum, im procrastinating right now >_<

my unedited paper is minimized as we speak..

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Many a time I've missed out on getting hot 'n spicies for dinner simply because the *******s decided to start serving breakfast at 4:00 A.M.

GaleForce

Smash Rookie
I always tell myself that I won't procrastinate doing something for school such as a project or a paper, and I keep telling myself that to try and force myself to actually following through. Of course then it comes down to the day before the project/paper is due and I've gotten nothing done because I've been too busy telling myself that I wouldn't procrastinate doing it.

Kind of counter productive, if I do say to myself.

Kilut

Smash Cadet
Doing a humongous project currently.
Still have my normal homework due tomoro.
If I pull an all-nighter, I'm screwed, because My school play is tomorow, and falling asleep backstage i'nt good.
I have about four more projects scattered around next week and May.

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, how much do I procrastinate? Well lets see:
I had to do a research study, that was assigned to me the first week in January. I have to present it at 12:30 today. Have I started? Have I started working on the presentation? Yup, sometime around 5 yesterday, I started. Have I finished? No, for some reason, I decided to go on Smashboards instead

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I used to have a very good work ethic, but I've become an awful procrastinator in recent years. I had to leave my first college (Harvey Mudd College if anybody cares) because of my awful work ethic; I even had several meetings with a counselor to improve my study habits, but after meeting a few times she decided that there was nothing she could do to help me. >_>

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'll reply in a sec.

Yeah, I don't take too long to get stuff done. :)

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I have found that I get better marks of English essays which I did the morning they were due than ones I spent time on. So now I don't work better under pressure, I work only under pressure. Calvin and Hobbes!

That being said, I have a week to do 26 hours of artwork. Not sure I'll be able to pull that off.
Haha, I do, too. I remember being happy with myself when I actually didn't procrastinate on a paper, and I ended up not scoring very well. Wtf.

One of my worst procrastinating moments was for a physics paper. I think it needed to be like, 5 pages or something. Well, I ended up getting a lot of sources and books the day before it was due and wrote the whole thing that day(well, kinda). I had to wake up early in the morning to finish it. I got 100% on it.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I get 2 days to do my long write assignments 4-5 pages.

Do them the night before and usually get the highest grade. I don't mean to do it at the last moment, it's just like many of you, I'm not one to get the assignment and do it the same day.

bored

Smash Ace
I love procrastinating, especially when it comes to school. Last minute science fair projects, FTW!

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I get 2 days to do my long write assignments 4-5 pages.

Do them the night before and usually get the highest grade. I don't mean to do it at the last moment, it's just like many of you, I'm not one to get the assignment and do it the same day.
The night before? Screw that, I do my papers the DAY AFTER they're due.

Top Bottom