• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how much do you practice?

S P I K E

Smash Ace
I practice whenever my friend invites me over. Which is about once a week I guess, and then tournaments. What's the point in playing by yourself if you already know the techniques? Ruins your mind games, and all you need to do after learning tech's, is warm up with a few matches. I suppose if you wanted to make a living off of the game, it would make sense to want to be flawless. Otherwise... BAH

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Plus level 9's will not help you at all. I, as well as other people here, train against level 1's if theres no one to play against. If you need reasoning, it is because you can practice your combos such as WD, shine combos, dash dance techniques, or whatever. Just take into mind that level 9's will not help you in any way for tournament level playing.

Scimmia

Smash Rookie
I'll usually practice/play 3-4 hours on a daily basis after school on weekdays. This usually includes me going to my friends house and inviting several people to have some mini smash tournaments. However, on weekends I'll play around 5-8 hours fairly consistently.

All of this depends soley on whether I have homework/major projects/test/exams the following day. If so, those hours are drastically shortened...

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
About one hour and twenty-five minutes. Sometimes I'll go over that, probably play for about three hours, but rarely.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I used to practice 30 mins of Melee a day. Smacking CPU's around for ages.
But now I just practice Melee when I have smashers over/meets at their places because my brother's only want to play Brawl.

I'm a sellout T_T

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Half an hour to two hours if I'm practicing by myself which I only started doing recently, and anywhere from 3 hours to 7 hours when I'm with friends.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I spend a lot more time on this game than I should. Especially considering I only get to play other people about once a month.

Top Bottom