• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you like melee over brawl?

Ja

Smash Journeyman
I prefer melee to brawl. I tried really hard for 2 months to like brawl, but I couldn't. I have many reasons, and although this isn't the most important, tripping is the deal breaker for me.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
lol i read this thread because of brawlpro lol i love ur tony jaa sig:)

i loved melee and LOVED the combos and physics it had. i even remember wen i just started playing, i saw ken vs azen and i was like HOLY **** they are playing lightning mode!
but brawl slow and more defense no combos:/
still gonna continue playing brawl even though i will miss melee
btw brawl is not that bad, begining suck but then u get used to playing it
i believe it requires a different skill with much more mindgames to make big hits than combos and its funner in my oppinion becaus of all the new chars and stages etc i really got bored of playing fd and kirby stage:(

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
lol i read this thread because of brawlpro lol i love ur tony jaa sig:)

i loved melee and LOVED the combos and physics it had. i even remember wen i just started playing, i saw ken vs azen and i was like HOLY **** they are playing lightning mode!
but brawl slow and more defense no combos:/
still gonna continue playing brawl even though i will miss melee
btw brawl is not that bad, begining suck but then u get used to playing it
i believe it requires a different skill with much more mindgames to make big hits than combos and its funner in my oppinion becaus of all the new chars and stages etc i really got bored of playing fd and kirby stage:(
The beginning did suck, and I tried to get used to it...

After a month and a half, I gave up. *shrug*

SP04

Smash Rookie
I was more exicted towards the whole melee tournment for opening night,and competly forgot about the game coming out that night,when I got the copy that night I just played for a few hours...

but over all,I would have to say brawl,just do to the fact that my mains are still in that game and I have feeling,its going to get better as the years past by...

still,nintendo couldve kept the characters the toke out from melee and the other techiques the had taken out

TRUXOFF

Smash Cadet
I played brawl once. It wasn't much fun.
Lies, you play it everyday.

Dylan_Tnga said:
Melee is clearly much better since you can combo people...

Comboing is the best part of smash by far.

KNEE!!!!11
From what I've seen of your videos, you can't combo too well, so it shouldn't matter if it's not in brawl, because you'd never make use of it anyway...

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I love Brawl

But it also pisses me the hell off, lol!

Of course Melee>Brawl competitively but I find Brawl to be very fun at the moment. I barely like half the cast unlike Melee where I like more than half the cast but the ones I do like I love. Captain Falcon in Brawl is fun as hell if you play him for hours "it has to be hours". Squirtle is different and pretty fast and fun. My main Falco is honestly getting boring but I think it's cause I wish he played like Melee "shrugs"

What sucks is that I can't switch back and forth between games. I just gotta play Melee at least once every couple days or I'll have alot of catching up to do. With Brawl......I really don't need much catching up :laugh:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I like Melee more but no one here wants to play it anymore. It pisses me off because with Brawl it feels like I can't get any better, sure I could go learn frame windows, percentages and all that stuff but what good is it when the game throws crap like tripping in your face? Shielding is really too good now and a lot of characters don't die because they can easily get back to the stage just by DI'ing towards it. Worst of all my saving grace, online, STILL doesn't work after TWO MONTHS. I can play friends but they don't play FFAs with or without items, so when I want a break from 1vs1, I have to play against computers that gang up on you, teams or not.

I seriously wish Iwata or whoever didn't beg Sakurai to help make Brawl because all he did was add so much stuff that he forgot to make the gameplay better than that of a Mario Party minigame.

P.S. SSE is garbage.

/rant

Red Exodus

Smash Master
All the cut scenes did was look nice. The story was forgettable and a waste of time. SSE just feels like adventure mode stretched out to waste 7 hours with little stupid bosses in-between. Playing through felt like a chore used to help unlock characters and trophies faster. It was hardly fun for a day, it's not fun now and it's not going to be fun 6 months from now, SSE got too much glory.

The worst thing of all is that half the time when I turn on items I see stickers instead of items. I want items not stupid stickers that don't mean jack to mode others than single player. They could have taken the SSE time and refined gameplay and characters, added more characters, items and stages, fix online and still have enough time to realize that tripping is a frigging stupid idea.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I hate SSE with a burning passion. Melee is still awesome and will be awesome for a long time.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Imagine how good the rest of Brawl would be if they just made another short 10-min adventure mode like Melee

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
Honestly the speed of brawl isnt a problem for me. Its the lack of hitstun.
I dont want to say anymore because ive been a lurker for quite some time and I know what happens to people with low posts like me....

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
From what I've seen of your videos, you can't combo too well, so it shouldn't matter if it's not in brawl, because you'd never make use of it anyway...
Meh most of my videos are from my n00b days, I have some decent combos in the falcon vids but they're still not that great..

most of my best combos happen off camera, and to be honnest I combo better in ssb64 since its easier :p (Hey, ill admit it!)

But you're being a bit harsh though, I'm no darkrain but ive pulled a few good combos in melee in my day :)

Congrats on the ban too, seems like this thread wasnt the only place you decided to be a jerk.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I went into brawl hopeful, but already with a dim outlook. At first, it was fun. It was a lot of fun, actually. But like gimpy said, it faces a backwards progression. The better I got, the less fun it was to play, and the more tedious playing competitively became. It's gotten to such a point now that I find playing FFAs in brawl more fun than 1v1s. It is truly the party game sakurai wanted.

Then I played melee today, and realized, I have never played a game more fun than it... ever. The speed, the combos, the edgeguarding, the sheer intensity of the match... it was great.

Melee 4 lyf

curiousthoughtsbear

Smash Apprentice
Stoo bad nintendo made a killing off of brawl
People don't like seeing their money go to waste.....hell with rational thought eh

Now that I think about it, is there any game for the Wii with solid replay value (other than the game it came with)

FEEDING US LIES FROM THE TABLECLOTH

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Stoo bad nintendo made a killing off of brawl
People don't like seeing their money go to waste.....hell with rational thought eh

Now that I think about it, is there any game for the Wii with solid replay value (other than the game it came with)
Yeah, that's the part that annoys me the most...for FOREVER I wanted Brawl to outsell Halo 3 like crazy...(I don't think it did, but 'tis a moot point...) now that I realize how bad it is, I wish it had had totally failed in sales. It doesn't matter if we all sell it back to the store now, we'll just lose half of our money and Nintendo can still talk big about sales.

The way it sold...it just rewards Nintendo for screwing with the franchise.

And I think you're right...I'm trying to think of a single game I've played for Wii recently besides Brawl (even Wii Sports got old for me after a while)...I have a fair amount of games, and I can't think of one.

Gamecube is what it's all about. Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Melee...heck, even some N64 games (DK64 anyone?) are 20 levels above Wii games. SNES is at least 40 levels above. From now on, I'm going to be extremely cautious about buying games for the Wii. Maybe I should always wait for the game to come out and get a couple of opinions on the game and its replay value before I buy it...

I don't care how much disrespect Gamecube received, and how Wii pwns it in sales...it will always, ALWAYS, win.

FEEDING US LIES FROM THE TABLECLOTH

Top Bottom