• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many hours does it take for this game to get old???

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
best game expert.... taking account the adventure mode....the amount of time it takes to beat all check list. I'd say about 200 hours minimun, face it you need 100 hours of just pure brawl time...

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Never. It only gets old if you don't have friends to play with. Stupid...Brawl...it claimed all of my friends. I wouldn't mind Brawl if my friends switch back from time to time, but never? Well, at least I still have my sister to play against, and she's better than all of them. :-P

Playing Melee without friends/humans: 2+ hours

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Never. It only gets old if you don't have friends to play with. Stupid...Brawl...it claimed all of my friends. I wouldn't mind Brawl if my friends switch back from time to time, but never? Well, at least I still have my sister to play against, and she's better than all of them. :-P

Playing Melee without friends/humans: 2+ hours
Seriously. I hate how none of my friends face me at Melee or smash 64 anymore. I guess I have Kaillera for smash 64. Now for Melee....I'm screwed! :laugh: I hate how I'm like the only "True Smasher" (smasher who plays all three smash games) I know, lol! Hopefully the Brawl overhypeness ends soon, and I can actually face people at all three smash games, instead of just one or two! :laugh:

Smash 64's single-player: Lasts 150 hours.
Melee's single-player: Lasts 120 hours.
Brawl's single-player: Lasts 400 hours.
All three smash game's multiplayer with friends or online multiplayer: Classic. Amazing. Priceless. Infinite. WAYYYY OVER NINE-THOUSANDDDD!!!!

SSBM4Lyfe

Smash Rookie
:(

For me got real old after a month.. No one plays 2 player with me or anything so im stuck with classic (which ive beat with everyone) and adventure (again beat it with everyone :kirby: <----kirby says yay.) so all i got to do is beat all star and get all the stages :ohwell:

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
it depends on ur interest... if u dont like it, it gets old fast but for pros this game would last them until the next Smash comes out...im thinking a good 5 years until the next one comes out.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Oh god, Josh, you missed the most epic doubles the other day.

On topic: I would tolerate single-player mode a lot more if you were allowed c-stick usage, but then again, I'd rather play Melee's single-player than Brawl's. :p

AXE 09

Smash Master
brawl already got old for me, but i still play melee like every day. melee just doesn't get old lol

BlueBlood

Smash Rookie
Seriously. I hate how none of my friends face me at Melee or smash 64 anymore. I guess I have Kaillera for smash 64. Now for Melee....I'm screwed! :laugh: I hate how I'm like the only "True Smasher" (smasher who plays all three smash games) I know, lol! Hopefully the Brawl overhypeness ends soon, and I can actually face people at all three smash games, instead of just one or two! :laugh:
This is kind of what its like around me, no one plays melee anymore really. What really gets me though is the excuses they make when i ask if they want to play melee...oh well

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
for 5 days you'll play it non-stop
then about a month maybe you'll still play it a lot, but not non-stop, like you might play it 5, 4 hours a day?

~rh

Smash Lord
^ Which is why Melee will never get old. Good point, sir. :)

PCHU

Smash Lord
It depends.
What is your standard of old?
Mine would be 100 years.
That's rather old.
Looks like we have....about 93 years left.

RavenPsyc

Smash Rookie
It will get boring when Nintendo stops reincarnating game and keeping it fresh and even then the old games have awesome staying power so that might not even do it. I guess if when there aren't any more new characters to add it would might get old but that would mean the end of Nintendo or video games in general and that will never happen in my life time at least (knock on wood).

Top Bottom