• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many characters do you main/secondary?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Just curious.

I personally main two (Samus and Ness) and second something like 6 characters.

To define "main": who you would choose in the first match of a set, double blind.
To define "secondary": who you counterpick with/who you play for fun.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Actually None...
I like gettin REAL good with one character and not stopping until I feel as though I have hit that point.
Of course, whenver Im kicking someones *** too hard or I feel as though Peach cant beat that certain character I just use the character that has the best advantage over my opponent.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
By the definition of main and second, I think you can only have 1 of each.

If you are really good with two characters, the better of the two is the main, and the other one is the second.

sam4

Smash Cadet
True, but I don't think everyone has the time and effort to think out who is their main/secondary by definition anyway. I might, but... I'm sort of speaking for the general public here.

Anyways, I usually play a bunch of different characters seriously (Mario, Luigi, space animals, Fire Emblem, Earthbound, ROB, Falcon, Ganon, Pika, and G&W so that's 14) and the rest are for fun really.

Actually, I main Random, but still, the whole main/secondary definition thing might be why people recently seem to be using "serious" and "fun" instead.

Freezewish

Smash Ace
I main Marth. I'll use him vs everyone as i have the most confidence using him.
My next best is Snake but he's mostly just for fun.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I play Bowser, and am best with him, but also like to play Olimar, MK, Snake and Ganondorf.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
As far as who I main it would definitely be G&W.

But he isn't who I play the most simply because he is a very easy character to keep at a high level once you hit there (which on its own isn't hard either...)
Who I play the most would probably be Captain Falcon... I just used him since 64 so I can never turn my back on him completely. In friendlies I usually play Falcon and occasionally Snake or Jigglypuff (my Melee main) and go G&W when I lose. For a while I used Olimar as a serious secondary but as of lately he really fell on my list down to a "for fun character"

So I main one character, have no secondary really right now, and have 4 characters I keep for fun.
I'm really trying to pick up DDD as a secondary because he can deal with G&W's problem matches very well but he is so defensive that it isn't something I am used to yet.

justaway12

Smash Master
Peach, Pokemon trainer, Jigglypuff and Game and watch

I play Peach because I suck as Mario and Luigi.
I play the other two because they're cool to play as.
Need a high tier for emergencys and he's super fun

iRjOn

Smash Lord
My main is Toon Link
because I like him the most out of everyone in Brawl.
I second everyone else in the game.

But if I ever went to tournies dunno if I'd use Toon Link I would probally use Olimar or Snake.

Falco_Waddledoo

Smash Rookie
I main one, second two, and 3rd 2.

Main- Ness

Seconds- Lucas, Olimar

Thirds- Ice Climbers, Kirby.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I play Metaknight, Pikachu, ROB, and G&W all about equally well in singles, and DK/G&W/Snake in doubles.

Aliel

Smash Rookie
I main Lucario; and Sheik, Sonic, and Kirby are all seconds.

Meccs

@Meccs_
I main Ness and Lucas (but Ness more, I'm better with Ness, but can do more ATs with Lucas)... and that's really it... I guess since I used him a lot Luigi is a secondary, and I'm trying to learn Falco...

.Kiyo

Smash Cadet
I main mostly Snake, and my secondaries are Ike and Capt. Falcon. I want to main just one character eventually though, but I'm still unsure who I want that main should be.

Quail Man

Smash Apprentice
I main Marth, second Random, and third Metaknight (mainly to learn how to play against him). I practice the Ice Climbers the most, but I'm shit with alternating throws, so I don't use them against anything other than a CPU.

Pay no attention to my signature, by the way.

Roager

Smash Ace
Main Falcon. Other characters... See sig.

gar, sig failed.

Marth, Ike, DK, Oli, Fox, Ganon, Lucas.

SanitysEclips3

Smash Rookie
I main two, MK and Falco. I secondary Fox, Wolf, Marth, Lucario, and Kirby. Everyone else is for fun.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
I'm a bit different lol. See I consider that I have mains depending on the situation.

If it's one vs. one, I'll stick with Ganondorf and Lucas.

If it's teams, I'll stick with Captain Falcon and Mr. Game & Watch.

FFA's, I'll use all 4. But basically I consider Ganondorf my main overall for he's my go-to guy.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Main: Link
Secondaries: Ganondorf, Zelda, Ike, G&W, Samus, Bowser, Snake, DK

Ange

Smash Lord
I seriously dont know where to place them in a list, but lets make it this way;

Main - Marth
Secondaries - Pikachu, Wolf, Fox, Toon Link, Lucario, (Kirby)

6½ characters.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I main Game & Watch and Diddy is my secondary. I'm trying to reverse those two and make Diddy my main, but he's alot harder to get good with than GW! I'm also pretty good with Sheik, and keep her around in case I need to play in a low tier tournament!

I also play Peach, Zelda, ZSS, Link, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, and Sonic for fun. I am terrible with all of them. :)

Wrath`

Smash Master
Technicaly I dont main anyone by your standards, but If I were to go blind I say wolf, but I have three mains based on who they pick

Mains: Wolf, Ike, Lucas
Secondary: Diddy

Top Bottom