• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many character do you expect?

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I expect around 40+ characters. The reason why I say that is that the first SSB had 10, the second 25, so add 15 more! If Nintendo adds all the character from the last game, then they would be close to 40, and most everyone would be fimilar with the foster so Nintendo knows that people like the foster. So please tell me how many you think the game should have.

Also was there an announcment where Nintendo said how many character were going to be in it?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I expect around 40+ characters. The reason why I say that is that the first SSB had 10, the second 25, so add 15 more! If Nintendo adds all the character from the last game, then they would be close to 40, and most everyone would be fimilar with the foster so Nintendo knows that people like the foster. So please tell me how many you think the game should have.

Also was there an announcment where Nintendo said how many character were going to be in it?
Actually, SSB64 had 12 characters. And Melee had 26 (counting Sheik).
Also, Sakurai said not all characters would be returning.

To answer the question in the thread title (though I think this will get closed), I think 35+ is a good guess. 40's reasonable, but I think it's pushing it a bit. And I think all the people that are thinking anywhere around 50 really don't understand just how many characters that actually is.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Actually, SSB64 had 12 characters. And Melee had 26 (counting Sheik).
Also, Sakurai said not all characters would be returning.

To answer the question in the thread title (though I think this will get closed), I think 35+ is a good guess. 40's reasonable, but I think it's pushing it a bit. And I think all the people that are thinking anywhere around 50 really don't understand just how many characters that actually is.
Oh wow, yeah you're right. Yeah I think around 35-40ish would be good. I argue that 50 is way too high, they would have to add some low-ranked character like Koops or Bombette.

I just hope they add like 5-10 new characters.

Marcman2020

Smash Cadet
I say 30 to 40 is satisfying, though 36 would be the best

are we allowed to post our possible rosters here or no?

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Yeah, I think at least 40, not higher then 45, but the #1 person they need to add is... another Yoshi Universe character. This will be the thrid SSB game where Yoshi is alone. But is it me or does it seem like Bowser is a CLOSE copy of Yoshi?

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Yeah, I think at least 40, not higher then 45, but the #1 person they need to add is... another Yoshi Universe character. This will be the thrid SSB game where Yoshi is alone. But is it me or does it seem like Bowser is a CLOSE copy of Yoshi?
How so? There really aren't any major Yoshi characters to add to the series.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
How so? There really aren't any major Yoshi characters to add to the series.
True, I just hoping that Nintendo or whoever can think of someone that can fit in. I really can't think of anyone except like Bowser Jr. or a Piranha Plant *maybe Petey Piranha*

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Ok here is another question... Do you think Nintendo will actually add more then 30+ characters? Because they have 106 'till the release and it doesn't seem like they will be able to fill this game to its full extend. I think they will delay it till *im gonna hate saying this* Decemberish of '08.

EarthboundMun

Smash Cadet
I expect around 35 characters, probably taking, no chance of giving. I say this because of speculation based on the roster from the Brawl demo at E For All. Could be more, could be less. I'm not expecting a huge amount of newcoming characters.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Well it seems like Sakurai is really trying to blow everyone away with this game, and I think the best way to do that is through a HUGE roster.

So I predict 45-50 characters.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Honestly, like other prople have already said, I don't think there are enough characters to put that many in, also if Sakurai really wants to put that many people in, then he will need WAY more time. Also *Somerandomguy* I like how you think, just download new character or stage or items through the vitural consoles! Thats perfect!

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I think around 45-55

Smash 64: 12 (12 * 2 +2 = 26)
Melee: 26 (26 * 2 +2= 54)
Brawl: 54 possibly, if you think it that way.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I've always figured around 40 was logical - perhaps a couple more, perhaps a couple less, but in that general range. Certainly no less than 36. After having more than twice the time they did making Melee to make Brawl, I doubt we'd see fewer newcomers this time around than we did then, even given the removal of a few vets and that a few others need new moves. Plus Sakurai & co are no doubt well aware that the characters are what is most important to the game from the players' perspective, so they'd make sure they don't disappoint the fans in that area.

Zevox

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Ok here is another question... Do you think Nintendo will actually add more then 30+ characters? Because they have 106 'till the release and it doesn't seem like they will be able to fill this game to its full extend. I think they will delay it till *im gonna hate saying this* Decemberish of '08.
No way they'll delay it. They were ready to release it in December, and it probably got pushed back for some last minute bugs, or-more likely- to not compete with Galaxy. It's not like the game was grossly behind in development.

Anyway, I'd be happy with 36 or so, but I honestly think 40 is the bare minimum they can get away with at this point. I mean, this game's been in development close to 2 years. Melee had like 9 months and they still pulled out 26, even if like 6 were clones. I was kinda hoping for 45, since that seems like a nice round number, and it'd give some of the non shoe-in characters(K. Rool, etc.) a fighting chance.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I dont see it going any higher then 35. But thats just me.
If that were the case, though, consider this: there are 14 veterans whose fate is unknown. Presume 9-10 of them returning (the general consensus seems to be that Doc, Pichu, Roy, and perhaps one or two more, usually including Ness, are being dropped), and you get a total of 32-33 characters. Which would mean we either know nearly all of the newcomers now, or there are more veterans being dropped than most people believe.

Personally, I don't think either of those could be the case. I don't think Sakurai would be frivolous in the removal of veterans, which he'd have to be to drop more than the general consensus has being dropped; and it seems even less likely he'd reveal the vast majority of the newcomers months before the game's release, especially while simultaneously keeping nearly half of the veterans a secret for some unknown reason. Perhaps you have a different perspective on the matter, but I just don't see it happening.

Zevox

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
I always thought Sakurai was eccentric and a perfectionist when it came to the games, which is the reason why I think it was posponed, sakurai thought the game was not perfect, so letting people down by the fact thier favorite nintendo character was not in brawl, so I think he stuffing evry last charecter he can, possibly ranging between 40 to 50 charecters. Hasn't this game been in developement for three years anyway, it should have alot, I think.

Weed

Smash Lord
February 10.. with all the time he's putting into this, I'd be dissapointed seeing less than 35.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
^ Yeah, what he said.
I'm certainly hoping for more, but I think 50 would be exaggerated. Quality>Quantity. I'd be slightly disappointed if there'd only be 32 characters total, but I guess I would (and should) be grateful since I know that my Melee main will be in anyway, so yeah xD Brawl will be massively fun either way. Btw, I'd be p***ed if there was another Mario character... -.-;

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
February 10.. with all the time he's putting into this, I'd be dissapointed seeing less than 35.
Yeah, but he only has 105 days to complete this, I don't think he has enough time at all tofit at least 10 characters. I think he needs to delay the game until Dec on '08 to make the game the best it can be!

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Anything in the 30s is simply too low.. its like saying that if everyone returned from Melee (sadly, Ness got axed.. or so it seems) then we'd have 24 characters. We have what? 11 newcomers now? So we'd have roughly 35 characters right about now assuming that all characters besides Ness will be returning. Also, Sakurai probably won't go on a "cutting" spree and cut like 10 characters. At the most 5 and any more cuts than 5 wouldn't be very good.

40 is definitely reachable.. and for those who are saying in the 30s, well, we're done with newcomers then. Oh well.. I hope you guys are satisfied..

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Anything in the 30s is simply too low.. its like saying that if everyone returned from Melee (sadly, Ness got axed.. or so it seems) then we'd have 24 characters. We have what? 11 newcomers now? So we'd have roughly 35 characters right about now assuming that all characters besides Ness will be returning. Also, Sakurai probably won't go on a "cutting" spree and cut like 10 characters. At the most 5 and any more cuts than 5 wouldn't be very good.

40 is definitely reachable.. and for those who are saying in the 30s, well, we're done with newcomers then. Oh well.. I hope you guys are satisfied..
I agree, 40 is definitely reachable but I think 50 is way too much, but if they can reach that, then go for it, the more the merrier.

Top Bottom