• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How important is who's online in rooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
As some of you may have noticed, I removed the who's online feature from individual rooms. You used to be able to see who was browsing forum games or a tournament room, for example.

ALthough this does help with server load, I wanted to see if you guys actually used this feature before it was removed. How important was the who's online for the individual forums?

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
to me, not very important.

the only features i've paid attention to that are related are on the main page, both at the bottom and the side of each section of the forums (the amount that is currently viewing)

Blazer

Smash Ace
I've checked it before but if I want to see where someone is at then I'll just find their name and click it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I've used it a bit, but not that fussed if it's gone.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I've always preferred it over not seeing people online.

Helps I suppose, in a way.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Actually, when you're at the Character specific rooms, knowing when a good pro or regular on the board is online, then you could know if they might make a good post on a thread. So I just check that board real quick to see what they got to say

Other than that, who's online for forum games is useless.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
It is nice, but it won't dramatically change smashboards. I used it, especially in the debate hall and regional zones, but thats about it. Really only useful if you know people in the forums. I would like to keep it, but I won't be hurt if it's gone.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I am more interested in seeing how many are on over who is actually on. Let it be gone!

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
It should just have alist on the main page of people online, incase you wanna PM someone you can quickly see if there online. Otherwise I think it's better no there so it loads faster.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have a very slow computer, so if it loads the page faster, then that's all the better. I didn't really use it much anyways.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
I was disappointed when it was gone. :(
If I seen a cool member online there it made me want to wait until he posts so I can respond.
I used it all the time! It was my friend! And YOU killed it Gid! You are a meany pants! *Runs off crying*

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I used it, but I don't really care if it stays off. I can just use the main page.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I used to use it alot, and i miss it now.
Its not a huge thing but i still wish it were back!

Redragon

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I really liked this feature. I would see who's online in my regional forum, and maybe find some local smashers that are just lurking. It would be nice to see it come back.

Sorry for my late opinion :(

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Smashboards has been lagging/crashing a lot as of late. Performance is a serious issue! Apparently the member influx is too much for the forum to handle. Seeing who is online was neat and all, but it is quite low on the priority list right now, methinks.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I love it. Since most of my friends hang around the ssb64 section i can see if there on in there other then looking in the main index page. Pweze bwing it back Gideon *Gives cute puppy eyes*

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
personly, its helpful to see where my friends are. if it was up to me, i would keep it.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
I'm With Buzz on this one. Knowing how many people are in a thread is usually more important than who exactly is in it.

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
I can see it's an old *** topic but i'd rather have the forum load quicker instead of having that feature just incase they decide to bring it back!

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom