• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good is your wavedash?

person701

Smash Journeyman
I'd say mine is definetly decent, I'm still working on perfecting sheiks timing with it, and it seems much easier for me to wave dash left than right for somereason ( using different part of my thumb?) but for the most part its pretty good.
Meh, I started the same except easier right then left. Just try wavedancing, it'll catchup eventually.

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty much near perfect with marth's, doctor mario's, and young link's in the form of consistency, and get it about 80% of the time going continously with falco (it's pretty hard to time wavedashes since the opening frames of his jump are longer then usual).

I'm not sure as to where I compare for length to other people, but I'd say it's far.

And I'm not sure of this thread should staying open because it encourages egotism and it really isn't going to be recorded or used for anything.

Sheik_be_male

Smash Cadet
My wavedash has progressed gentlemen and ladies (if there are any on this thread) Back and forth on FD...

It made me smile but there is always room for improvement

.Marik

is a social misfit
My wavedash with Luigi is excellent.

Still pretty d@mn hard to pull of though.... >_>

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
Hey sheik be male: see the tape around Sheik's torso? H E R T I T S A R E T A P E D.

Jeez.

Oh and my WD is good some days and bad other days. Worst part is when I miss a wavedash, I don't roll, I full hop. Lawl. But I've been learning Luigi to improve my WD-- since it's so crucial with him-- and when I went back to Marth I noticed like I have a better concept of how to use it for spacing and whatnot

but as of now I'm not very good at Melee just yet

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I probably have the most consistent control stick wavedash :p

I use control stick for everything that uses jumping, excluding the rare occasions on which I use Peach when I, in fact, need to use X or Y for ground floating.

Fox is one of my mains and I can waveshine consistently.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
wow wavedash .

actually if i tried to purposely mess up a wavedash

i would just end up doing a wavedash

that move if so ingrained in my muscle memory its impossible for me to mess up

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
Consistent wavedashing is really easy, even for myself. What's harder is consistently getting the longest possible wavedash. How are you guys at that?

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
My wavedashing skills are mother ****ing prime dece, mother ****ers!!!!!!!11111111

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
My wavedash is mediocre at best
i can usually do it atleast 2-3 times in a row tho

im no silent wolf or anything

Overload

Smash Lord
I pretty much got falco's wavedash down. Can do it pretty consistently now.

game set

Smash Apprentice
takes me like 2 min to get a characters perfect wavedash down. on my mains i try and make sure i can wavedash the first frame after all my moves, my triangle jumping is speedy too. Vid's of people being pro at specific tech's would be interesting, I think there was a luigi "wavedash around the world video" or something like that.

Smash Master
I can wavedash on command, but since I use the control stick to jump, it's hard for me to get a perfect wavedash.

Boat Mode

Smash Journeyman
i have good consistency with almost every character, that parts easy as hell. I get practice while showboating after a ko. but I can really only get perfect wavedash consistently w/ marth, probably b/c he's my main and its so useful for spacing

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Im amazing at it with doc, sheik, captain falcon. I cannot do it with falco. >>
Yeah, the problem with Falco's WD is that you have to wait longer for the airdodge. We're used to X>L>control stick in one smooth motion(or however you WD). Just slow it down.

Top Bottom