• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How good is diddy? Where do diddy mains rank their character

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Metaknight
Snake
Falco
Dedede
G&W
Marth
Diddy

Though, I'm not a diddy main :<
He's my lovable secondary.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
mk
snake
ddd
gdubs
wario
marth
falco
rob
dk
diddy --- 10th

dk has 3 bad matchups total (given one is ddd, but socal and atlantic north tournaments have started banning that)

wario has been sinking because futile stopped playing. most of you probably never played him, but he played a wario that made you feel like the character was beating you. 3 characters can be defensive against wario and succeed, and they do it by walling with attacks. you cannot shield against wario, you can't roll, you can't spotdodge, and if you screw up twice your stock is gone. the only thing holding him back is that he's so god **** weird and uncomfortable to play due to his odd playstyle, but if people started picking him up he'd go straight up.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
you just cant talk about "the number of bad matchups" when ranking characters. You have to think about HOW bad the matchups are.

Donkey Kong is the perfect example of this, it is pretty irrelevant how many bad matchups he has at the top, what matters is the king dedede matchup. That matchup alone puts dk below diddy kong

King Dedede; I mean COMEON, an easy to pull off infinite grab with the character that has the best non tether grab range in the game? Too game breaking to be that high up.

Diddy kong may have more bad matchups but they arent AS bad. We dont have to deal with a ridiculus infinite like that

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
MK
Snake
Falco
Marth
Diddy
ROB
G&W
Dedede

Aside from MK, I would say (for me at least) Diddy's toughest matchup is Falco. A skilled falco can reflect bananas thrown at him making many approaches more difficult. The chain throw is good on maps with long flat maps, which Diddy likes, taking away that advantage. In addition, he's got super spammy lasers.

As for the others, I've never had much trouble with them. Snake and Dedede I find kind of easy. Marth's and ROB's can prove annoying, but I wouldn't say they have an edge over Diddy Kong. Mainly just MK + Falco.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Snake
MK

Gaw
Diddy
~rest

Top 5 should he be...

Snake > MK in my opinion (I played against a lot of both...)

Btw. Spammy(&Campy) Robs, Tinks and Pits are also very very hard with some characters >_>

Maybe they should be near to Diddy... :/

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
the only thing holding him back is that he's so god **** weird and uncomfortable to play due to his odd playstyle, but if people started picking him up he'd go straight up.
And...y'know...the crippling grab releases a large portion of the cast have on him that aren't even being exploited yet.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
heres my top 10

1st) Diddy Kong
2nd) Diddy Kong
3rd) Diddy Kong
4th) Diddy Kong
5th) Diddy Kong
6th) Diddy Kong
7th) Diddy Kong
8th) Diddy Kong
9th) Diddy Kong
10th) Captain Falcon

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Snake
MK
Falco
GaW
DDD
ROB
DK
Diddy
Marth

DDD will go a lot lower though metagames evolve and ROB and Diddy get more popular. I eventually see him dropping to mid high tier, especially if the standing infinite is banned. Marth is also gonna drop since he doesn't have much room for his metagame to change.

Agree with Snake>MK, although Snake needs a secondary to cover a few weak match ups.

Edit: It'll be interesting to see how all these tier lists compare to the official one I think is coming out soon.

Mattmiston

Smash Apprentice
MK
Aside from MK, I would say (for me at least) Diddy's toughest matchup is Falco. A skilled falco can reflect bananas thrown at him making many approaches more difficult. The chain throw is good on maps with long flat maps, which Diddy likes, taking away that advantage. In addition, he's got super spammy lasers.
i know this isn't the thread to necessarily complain about falco, but i agree fully. i also like to think that rob is a tough matchup for diddy (i don't know the numbers, but to me, rob is tuff stuff)

characters that are better than diddy imo:

MK
Snake
Falco
DDD
GAW
Marth

those ones for sure... I'm not sure for the rest, since 7th sounds a bit high for diddy, but I foresee that he'll definitely move up a few notches

Ugg

Smash Champion
Top Tier:
MK
Snake
Diddy
GaW
D3
Falco
ROB
Way too **** high, diddy isn't better than GW, D3 or Falco..

MK
Snake
Falco
Marth
Diddy
ROB
G&W
Dedede

As for the others, I've never had much trouble with them. Snake and Dedede I find kind of easy. Marth's and ROB's can prove annoying, but I wouldn't say they have an edge over Diddy Kong. Mainly just MK + Falco.
Diddy's tier placement isn't entirely based on his match-up's with the people on the tier list, he will never pass G&W or DDD.

Snake
MK

Gaw
Diddy
~rest

Top 5 should he be...

Snake > MK in my opinion (I played against a lot of both...)

Btw. Spammy(&Campy) Robs, Tinks and Pits are also very very hard with some characters >_>

Maybe they should be near to Diddy... :/
Snake isn't > MK, and where's Falco..

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon
Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
Marth
Wario
Diddy

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
i know this isn't the thread to necessarily complain about falco, but i agree fully. i also like to think that rob is a tough matchup for diddy (i don't know the numbers, but to me, rob is tuff stuff)

characters that are better than diddy imo:

MK
Snake
Falco
DDD
GAW
Marth

those ones for sure... I'm not sure for the rest, since 7th sounds a bit high for diddy, but I foresee that he'll definitely move up a few notches
Nice call with that one

Top Bottom