• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does Ontario look in terms of diversity?

.Marik

is a social misfit
I have finished finalizing the analysis of Melee. Sorry for the wait!

Brawl is a lot more diverse, and Wak plays 11 characters. Jesus Christ. :yoshi:

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
well I don't know much about the brawl scene anyone feel free to correct me if I'm misinformed or any inaccuracies.

Although you may be right that the brawl community may have a more diverse roster, that doesn't change the fact that MK is always coming in at the very least the top 3, AND how well you do against him depends how knowledgeable that MK is with match-up and stage, if you're facing someone who knows exactly what they are doing with MK then it's damn near impossible to beat.

I'm sorry but I think that If the only way to beat a MK is with another MK (or Snake with very specific criteria) then I really don't think it's unreasonable to ban him. I mean just look at the power rankings for f*** sake, the top FIVE OF TEN main MK. And I remember most of them when they started out too, they didn't start climbing the ranks until after they switched to MK as their main. Coincidence?

.Marik

is a social misfit
I already mentioned all of those points in the second post. :yoshi:

This is merely to disprove that he's not overcentralized.

I still get he's by far a broken character, but by focusing on one aspect at a time, we can formulate conclusions better.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If we're counting all of Wak's characters we should probably include

Mike: Peach, Falcon, Fox
Idea: Falco, Fox, Falcon
RaynEX: Roy, DK, Mewtwo, Marth, Falcon, Falco
Kage: Falcon, Falco
Afro_Chris: DK, Falco, Fox

And stick the entire cast minus Peach and Ice Climbers next to Ryan.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I can't exactly do all of that right now, but is it necessary?

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unlike what you may think, I'm very versatile whenever I play. In tournaments I can take any of these characters, I don't have any main and I'm relatively as good with any of these characters, I may even say that it really depends of the day.

We all know kage uses like, too often ganon and raynex uses fox. They also are better with their main, they do tournaments with these characters they feel the most comfortable with.

At my last tournament I think I haven't used a character more than twice, that's the huge difference.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Unlike what you may think, I'm very versatile whenever I play. In tournaments I can take any of these characters, I don't have any main and I'm relatively as good with any of these characters, I may even say that it really depends of the day.

We all know kage uses like, too often ganon and raynex uses fox. They also are better with their main, they do tournaments with these characters they feel the most comfortable with.

At my last tournament I think I haven't used a character more than twice, that's the huge difference.
If you can actually tell me there are times when Roy is your best character against a good person, then I guess this claim has more merit but (and this is my experience with people that "main almost everyone") generally people with that many characters just use joke tier characters against bad people and then pick a gay one that can neutralize skill gaps if the opponent makes a few mistakes or abuse a broken CP against good people.

Not saying this is your actual case, but that's usually what it seems like in my experiences with 10+ character people.

Iliad

Smash Lord
If you can actually tell me there are times when Roy is your best character against a good person, then I guess this claim has more merit but (and this is my experience with people that "main almost everyone") generally people with that many characters just use joke tier characters against bad people and then pick a gay one that can neutralize skill gaps if the opponent makes a few mistakes or abuse a broken CP against good people.

Not saying this is your actual case, but that's usually what it seems like in my experiences with 10+ character people.
He knows too much. We must silence him.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I finally got around to updating the list.

Sorry it took so long, I forgot about this project.

Can Lanowen or another moderator sticky my thread? It would come in handy down the road.

.Marik

is a social misfit
^

Really? You change mains awfully fast now.

I'm also contemplating including a Brawl+ list, since the community is big enough. Should I?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
^

Really? You change mains awfully fast now.

I'm also contemplating including a Brawl+ list, since the community is big enough. Should I?
I'm not motivated to play when I play MK. I know it's the best choice, but if I'm not motivated then I'm not going to get better. Pika on the other hand I've been wanting to use for a long time, and when I started using him at Pownz (after the tourney was over lol) I naturally clicked with him.

Playing Ness properly bores me. The Ness I play now and the Ness I played a year ago are totally different characters - the one I play now is better but it is not the one I want to play.

mightychir

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0387-9912-4573
Would like if you could include Ganon as well next to my name. Even tho I haven't played him enough in the tourneys I went to I am currently practicing him as my main second (lol). Don't have to tho

Cruxis

Smash Lord
i can tell u for a fact that there are more MK mains than snake mains in ontario.
u seem to be counting a lot of the underground snakes but missing the underground mks.

half the snake mains u listed are inactive or rarely come to tournies, hell i have never even seen some of those snake mains. mightychir, wildcard, fogel? who are they?? i dont think ive seen them at tournies before.. and i used to go to every god damn tourney

why is ally on that list? hes not even ontario.

leafy and i are inactive

Hype

Smash Lord
@Cruxis, you’re right but you’re also conveniently omitting the fact that Anth0ny, MDK, and Dimmy (recently) are all MK players that quit.

also, I think fogel is from Ottawa.

.Marik

is a social misfit
i can tell u for a fact that there are more MK mains than snake mains in ontario.
u seem to be counting a lot of the underground snakes but missing the underground mks.

half the snake mains u listed are inactive or rarely come to tournies, hell i have never even seen some of those snake mains. mightychir, wildcard, fogel? who are they?? i dont think ive seen them at tournies before.. and i used to go to every god damn tourney

why is ally on that list? hes not even ontario.

leafy and i are inactive
All of those players you listed went to LBT2.

Quebec players that entered an Ontario tournament after March 2009 are included.

Underground Meta Knights? Enlighten me, because I sure don't recall any.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
i dont main fox in melee anymore.. and i just realized im on the list twice rofl. once for just falco and once for falco fox falcon. put me as falco and falcon

and also in brawl i main peach, IC's, and jiggs

edit: sauc3 is also on the list twice

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer

You got me with Roy lol. Actually, I often play Roy and YL but actually lose more often to, probably because they can't do ****.

Here is a tournament I went to, last month.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSBMBLITZ

I finished in GF and I was in losers bracket against a fox main. Out of the 10 matches, I used fox, falco, sheik, peach. I was switching up when losing a game, it was as simple as that.

And for the other bracket against the same person that cost me the losers bracket, I used marth, falcon and I think Jiggs.

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
okay i figured it out. thanks both forlon and birdman. Man, need people to play so i can get out of the house. I need a reel challenge! Goodbye Lv. 5's :p

Top Bottom