• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you sit while playing Videogames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
Title says it all. Just describe how you sit on your ____ (chair/floor/etc.) while playing.

I sit with my legs crossed :)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I think the name of the thread should be videogames, as not all people here play Brawl.

Consoles w/ Traditional Controllers: Sitting down, back leaned on something.
Wii: Sitting down, waving arms around.
DS: Sitting, one knee raised up towards me, I prop it on the knee.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
When I play Melee I sit on my knees--kneeling, I guess you'd say. It hurts so badly when I get up, but it's worth it. I feel like it keeps me more focused by leaning in. But sometimes after I get up I stumble around for a minute or two before my knees are all right. I should really stop doing it <.<;;

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
I think the name of the thread should be videogames, as not all people here play Brawl.

Consoles w/ Traditional Controllers: Sitting down, back leaned on something.
Wii: Sitting down, waving arms around.
DS: Sitting, one knee raised up towards me, I prop it on the knee.
Ok then. I'll change it :)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I sit on my coach across the room from my 52'' HDTV where I have my Dreamcast, Wii and Xbox 360 set up. Sometimes I sit crossing my legs but most of the time, I put my feet up on a box in-front of the coach.

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
i dont sit.. i stand gets me more into the game for some reason but soemtimes i sit cross legged if the games really intense

Gaara♥

Smash Master
when i play melee I sit on the floor with my feet crossed. When I play anything else I sit on my couch

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
Usually I sit with my legs crossed; they support my resting arms that lay upon them. Oh, and I sit on the floor most of the time, sometimes on my swivel chair. When I am not serious in the game I like to stand up for no apparent reason, maybe because I jump a lot. I do these things to most vidoegmaes I play.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I just sit on my pull-out couch normally, leaning forward. If im relaxed I lay down, if a battle (halo/brawl) starts getting intense, I stand up. When I play my DS I just sit or lay on the floor.

Mith_

Smash Champion
In a chair.
I've never been able to sit indian style. As a kid I'd have my legs stretched while everybody else was sitting pretzel style.
Sitting on the floor is uncomfortable for me anyways.

=)@MePlz

Smash Apprentice
I sit on my coach across the room from my 52'' HDTV where I have my Dreamcast, Wii and Xbox 360 set up. Sometimes I sit crossing my legs but most of the time, I put my feet up on a box in-front of the coach.
I <3 the Dreamcast. It's kinda retro.

But people who download games online and put them on a CD to play for free=SUCK.

That's why SEGA FAILED. And nintendo bought SEGA after.

I play on carpet (on my knees) or a chair.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I always sit in a swivel chair, even for Wii and Gamecube games, I just spin around the room while playing.

finalark

SNORLAX
For my PS2 and Gamecube and pretty much laying down in a chair that you're supposed to sit upright in, with my head resting on the back of it while my legs push against the dresser that my small TV is on. When playing my PS3 or Wii I just sit upright in a chair.

Hiyayayah!

Smash Cadet
I play Brawl On the bed with my legs folded usually lol :D - Unless the Wii's downstais, then usually on a chair - probs with my legs folded :D

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
my bed is low enough for me to be sitting on the edge of it and have my knees bend when my feet touch the floor.
so what i just said.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I sit on a metal folding chair that's at the base of my bed, 4-5 feet away from my tv. If I don't feel like sitting, I'll lay on a pillow with my stomach down and play 4-5 feet away.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i usually sit however is comfortable

but when i'm playing smash
usually i concentrate better when i am leaning forward with my elbows on my knees

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I sit on my opponent's lap.

D

Deleted member

DS- Laying on my side in my bed.
Wii- Sitting on futon.
Others- Laying on my side on the futon.

EDIT: 3/4 to 1000 posts!

urdailywater

Smash Hero
If I'm in my living room I'll probably sit on the floor since my controller cord doesn't reach out that far.

In my room, if I'm on a Wii game I'll just sit back on my bed and lay back. If I'm using the gc controller or don't need those pointer functions I'll either lay back or sit at my computer and play..

Oh.. and DS.. well, yah.. just depends. I usually don't even play my DS at my house. I'll either play it while trying to go to sleep or play it when I'm riding in a car (which is why I usually don't drive >.>)

Patinator

Smash Champion
I sit perfectly straight and still, attempting to be an almost literal pillar of, ah... Irony, I suppose, due to my lowly nerd-type status within society.

I actually have to either play via wireless controller from the couch or sit in a chair. Since our television set is up on a two-foot table, my neck begins aching, what, two minutes after I look at it with no support?

Alessandra

Smash Apprentice
I usually sit with my legs crossed, but occasionally I'll lie on my stomach with my elbows propping me up.
<_<

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I usually sit with my left foot across my right,with my forearms/elbows resting on my knees and leaning foward.(When im concentrating hard)

Otherwise I just kick back.

Sometimes I lean on one elbow for ages on my bed and it hurts my shoulder after i try to move it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
This topic doesn't really garner much conversation since you will just be stating one thing then leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom