• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do you edgehog with sheik?

hamonyou

Smash Cadet
i try to jump down and then left or right a little then use the up b but sometimes she doesnt turn around or i miss and i die

rhan

Smash Hero
Edgehop above the edge and just up B back towards the stage. Rinse and repeat.

Time a roll in if they're sweetspoting the edge.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
When you're loading the stage hold down A. You will hear the Zelda music. You will start the game as sheik. Now push the analog stick towards the direction of the stage along with cstick. Takes care of most of sheik's edgegame. :D

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
run off the stage, press back, (neutral)b, R/L. if you did it fast enough you have just edgehogged like a pro.

rhan

Smash Hero
When you're loading the stage hold down A. You will hear the Zelda music. You will start the game as sheik. Now push the analog stick towards the direction of the stage along with cstick. Takes care of most of sheik's edgegame. :D
No need with the "down" part. Just hold A and you switch to Sheik.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
No need with the "down" part. Just hold A and you switch to Sheik.
Lol

I assume you're making a joke at my expense. Otherwise I'll assume that you're a moron. Grammatically I think you're right. A comma might be necessary after "down" to give it the connotation that I meant it to have.

hamonyou

Smash Cadet
ok, ive got reverse needles once i jump of the stage, but sheik doenst grab, do i have to cancle with L? and i also dont get L cancleing that well

rhan

Smash Hero
Lol

I assume you're making a joke at my expense. Otherwise I'll assume that you're a moron. Grammatically I think you're right. A comma might be necessary after "down" to give it the connotation that I meant it to have.
After re-reading, you said it in a correct way. But how I read it I thought you mean holding the direction "down" and holding A at the same time.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
It's possible, I am surprised no Sheik has bothered to master this with all the Foxes trying to do the craziest thing possible at all times situation going. It is very difficult though.

soap

Smash Hero
It's possible, I am surprised no Sheik has bothered to master this with all the Foxes trying to do the craziest thing possible at all times situation going. It is very difficult though.
i can do it like 60%, but that is not reliable enough for me, especially when there are a bajillion easier ways to do it quickly and consistently

Supreme65

Smash Apprentice
I fair, needles and Up-b for edge guarding. But timing has to be perfect. One wrong move in this quick session of attacking will cost you a life. I wait until my opponents messes up recovering and take advantage:)

Saiya

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. I'm not really a Shiek main, but I was messing around with her and I discovered a cool little trick where you run off a platform and immediately do an up-b and she will kind of hang in the air while covering some horizontal distance and possibly land on the platform opposite to the one you where on if you guide her far enough.
I applied this trick to an edge and I found out that it could be used as a nifty edgeguaring tactic if you DI towards the stage as soon as you up-b. It's much like Link's Skrahog as a matter of fact.

So my question is: Is there anything about this kind of thing posted somewhere around the boards; and is there an effective way to get it done consistently? It takes me quite a few tries before I can pull off a good edgehog that way, heh.

Mindgames Son!

Smash Cadet
I usually just run off the ledge into double jump needle cancel;but on yoshis I stand on the platform nearest to the edge roll as far back as I can and press up b and hold down and youll have edgehogged...but its only for yoshis :(

@saiya: ugh i love that. cpt. jack first did it i think and I am tryign to get it down consistently but for some reason when I try to do it, it doesnt work and when i dotn try to do it( like subconciously in a match) i seem to do it. It weird liek that though.

Saiya

Smash Cadet
@saiya: ugh i love that. cpt. jack first did it i think and I am tryign to get it down consistently but for some reason when I try to do it, it doesnt work and when i dotn try to do it( like subconciously in a match) i seem to do it. It weird liek that though.
Ah, I'll have to check out some of Captain Jack's Sheik videos then. I'd love to see how useful it is and how flashy it looks during a match, heh.
lol, but yeah. I practiced it for a good 40min. a little while ago and it is pretty weird; sometimes I'll have it down nicely practicing on platforms, but when I go to an edge, I totally choke, haha. But I dunno, it seems like the key is to somehow hit the up-b be moving the control stick SLIGHTLY up, and not all the way, otherwise you get that unwanted jump before the up-b. I'll keep trying it out; practice makes perfect. But it truly is..... a mindgame, son! :laugh:

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
super old, you can learn it with practice but it is pointless.

run to the edge up-b at the proper spacing its simple.

i thought it was cool till somene grabbed the ledge before my flashy poofing to the edge... it also saved someone in tourney who was otherwise dead b/c of the explosion so yeah...

cool yes, worthwhile imma go with no.

edit: stupid stages come to mind we're it can help as an alternate means getting to the ledge without jumping or being an open target for too long. (brinstaar / japes)

soap

Smash Hero
kdj did it to ken, then bair spiked him i remember

hilarious.

but stick with the pc or the needle turn

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I can do it, but it's useless. Just walking and turning around gives you practically the same effect and is a billion times easier to do.

R3N0

Smash Lord
reverse needle!!! and also the walk off edge hog..
sometimes i will moonwalk edgehog ^.^

Top Bottom