• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you do against lvl 9's?

Jesusdragon737

Smash Cadet
I'm sure a lot of you are going to think of this question as ridiculous because you're very good, but lvl 9's definitely got harder this time 'round and I was wondering. In general, do you say you either:

1. get destroyed by a lvl 9
2. are ok against a lvl 9
3. can beat a lvl 9 easily
4. can beat 2 lvl 9's on a team with difficulty
5. can beat 2 lvl 9's on a team easily
6. can beat 3 lvl 9's on a team with difficulty
7. can obliterate 3 lvl 9's on a team without a sweat

I thought it was obvious, but these classifications only count if it's [NO ITEMS], [FF OFF] and [NEUTRAL STAGE]. Also, don't think that if you play against 2 Ganondorfs on a team one time and **** them, that means you're a 4. The numbers represent your average skill spread out over many games against different computers.

I would say I'm about a 3.2 or something. I've beaten 2 lvl 9's on a team a few times before.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
The thing about CPUs is that you can't use the same strategy you would use on a human. There are a lot of things, such as mindgames, that a CPU won't pick up on. So if you go from fighting CPUs for a long time to fighting humans or vice versa, you're totally lost. I don't fight CPUs, but for the aforementioned reasons, I would say I'm about a 4.

BombermanFanatic

Smash Cadet
CPU's are pathetically easy. Lst time I even fought them was a 3 vs 1. Tried to figure out what moves work for crowd control and what don't. The conclusion that I came to is that if multiple people team up on you there isn't a whole lot you can do other than sheild a lot, counter a lot, and prey they team kill each other ( which CPU's do quite often.) It is humerous watching them kill eac oter trying to get to you, but it's not all too helpful for your game.

shadowdsfire

Smash Apprentice
CPU are incredible ! They can Perfect Shield the 2 hit of Diddy's f-smash ! And they do it a lot of time !

Akiak

Smash Ace
They're great at shielding, that's sure. Even Lvl 1s shield all attacks!

The CPUs in this game are excellent. They may not be to the level of all the Hardcore Brawlers out there but it's completely normal.

I'm only a 2...

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
CPU's are pathetically easy. Lst time I even fought them was a 3 vs 1. Tried to figure out what moves work for crowd control and what don't. The conclusion that I came to is that if multiple people team up on you there isn't a whole lot you can do other than sheild a lot, counter a lot, and prey they team kill each other ( which CPU's do quite often.) It is humerous watching them kill eac oter trying to get to you, but it's not all too helpful for your game.
Of course they're easy if you leave FF on. If you leave FF on all you have to do is run away and they will kill each other.

Superkid11

Smash Rookie
It depends on the character. I'd say I'm about a 2-3 sadly. Either I've gotten rusty or the CPUs in Brawl are harder than the ones in Melee.

Cress

Smash Cadet
I never tried fighting 3 CPUs at once lol (Since I rarely dont play 1 on 1)
But 1 on 1 VS CPU9 is easy stuff... any CPU9 gets threestocked by meh ;PPP

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
A seven. Yeah, I said a seven. Just go to a custom stage designed for the purpose of messing with CPUs, or go somewhere like Temple and be Pika or something. it's actually quite easy, plus you never specified items not being used etc.

So, they're easy.

Geist

Smash Master
I've been dealing with CPU opponents in Smash for about 9 years, and I know them inside out. It's got to the point where I can't imagine anyone losing against a computer. They're just so obvious, and they don't do a very subtle job of covering that up either. Computers eventually get useless to play against, due to so many AI flaws I can't even begin to list.
It's a rare chance I get hit through in intense run of classic mode on anything but the multiple character matches.

It's funny, because to me, saying "I'm a 7" doesn't even seem like gloating. >_>
To me, level 9's don't accurately represent any skill that's appliable to a human player.

Jesusdragon737

Smash Cadet
I've been dealing with CPU opponents in Smash for about 9 years, and I know them inside out. It's got to the point where I can't imagine anyone losing against a computer. They're just so obvious, and they don't do a very subtle job of covering that up either. Computers eventually get useless to play against, due to so many AI flaws I can't even begin to list.
It's a rare chance I get hit through in intense run of classic mode on anything but the multiple character matches.

It's funny, because to me, saying "I'm a 7" doesn't even seem like gloating. >_>
To me, level 9's don't accurately represent any skill that's appliable to a human player.
That's an interesting view. I didn't expect many people to say they were a 7. You must be great. You say that because you've been playing cpu's in smash for about 9 years, so they're very predictable, but I find the opposite true. I could absolutely destroy a computer in ssb64. Their AI was horrid. If you edgeguarded at ALL they would die easily. Computers in ssb64 didn't even try to use their b-up a second time after they were hit. Switching from fighting mindless cpu's to the ones in Brawl was sure a shock. Computers were drastically upgraded in Brawl. They edge-hog, they edge-guard, and they perfect shield attacks. So it's not necessarily true that if you've played well against lvl 9's for ages, you will continue to.

Ange

Smash Lord
I dislike CPUs, so basically I never play against them.

But answering the question, I would probably only be either 2 or 3.

Slasherx

Smash Ace
If I use MK/Marth then is a 9 for me.
FYI: CPU apparently don't know how to stop gimp. Wich score an easy KO.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I'd say around a 5 or 6 for me. I only play CPU's when I'm really bored or want to practice a new AT and something weird happens whenever I play a CPU. I easily win at 2 on 1's but 3 on 1's? Ive done it before, It took a while tho. and I leave FF off, I forget to turn it on when playing CPU teams

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I can completely demolish a lone level 9, often without losing a life or getting over 80%.

I can beat two, but they often kill me a couple of times.

I've only beats three once. Their reaction time is insane...and they do combo moves that kill you. And I'm using Link FYI.

Note: Team battles. FFA is obviously a lot easier. I'm a 6 on a real good day. Stages like Final D, not Hyrule or a custom stage or something like Big Blue...

dr.dave

Smash Rookie
Meh, I'm about a 5. Their attacks are just too easy to instinctively shield or roll/sidestep.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Back when I did not have online,a 3

Now after playing humans,I suck against them for some reason.

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
1v1's against lvl 9's are no problem for the most part as long as I'm playing a char I'm decent with. 2v1 only with my main and seconds, every once and a while I can take them down with a char I'm decent with. 3v1 I usually die X_X. I usually play them on FD or BF, but sometimes I'll play other stages just to use them to my advantage. Any stage like Eldin, MK I just throw them off, and I'll play Summit and let them get eaten by the fishy XD.

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
It largely depends on which AI I face.

On the one hand, a Level 9 Luigi or Pikachu can make more problems then he should do, on the other hand, I can beat some 2-AI-Teams if they are characters with weaker AI's like Link or DK. All in All, its a 3, I'd say.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I murder CPUs with Ike and a C Stick.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Depending on which bot, I'd say I'm a 2.8
As in
I have difficulty with 20% of the bots. =3

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
they'r no fun to play with plus my game is messed up when i play them.

Smudge

Smash Lord
I tend to avoid trying to play them at all costs tbh, but sometimes you just can't avoid it.

I don't do too well again them if i'm being honest, the one's I can CG i'm fine with, but i struggle my way thought matches with the non-CGable ones, and I feel i've gotten worse from the experience.

It's the one time i'd rather watch videos on YouTube than play Brawl :p

Top Bottom