• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I stop metaknights whirlwind attack?

githilyak

Smash Rookie
Hello all, new to king dedede still, there is one move in particular im having trouble getting around and thats metaknights simple a button, his whirlwind attack

My friend who plays metaknight just presses it over and over and over and does nothing else until im wracked up to a high % then he smashes me off with a sword swing that is blindingly fast.

If i block it eats my shield, if i do any move it overpowers and drags me with the whirlwind.

Please help, is metaknight broken?

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Try Waddle Dee toss, and hope for a Gordo, or get him in a tilt, Sometimes if a MK is spamming that on me, they eat a Jethammer or Fsmash, and then they don't do it much anymore. Maybe a Ftilt would help? Not sure if it out prioritizes Mach Tornado though.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Back aerial the top of it, near the "eye". It's vunerable at the top of the tornado.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Shield it then grab him after he's done. Should be a free grab if he just sat there trying to break your shield. Ive heard Dtilt and Utilt can break the tornado but Ive never done it before. Also, I think you meant simple B button but I know what you meant :-D.

Tilt - For Dedede it's when he headbutts (Utilt), pokes with his toes (Dtilt) and when he extends his Hammer and pokes (Ftilt). To do it just hold a direction and hit A.

Tengosku

Smash Cadet
the up tilt has enough priority to stop the tornado, lasts long, and isn't cancelled if you get hit in the middle of it

if not in that kind of a position, sheild and wait, or if you're in the air, keep jumping up- dont air dodge

if you're in the tornado, hold up and mash jump

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Up-tilt wins against tornado... as far as I Know... it works... d<_< b...

It looks cool when you get to kill them with U-tilt during the tornado XD

TKD

Smash Lord
If MK tornadoes close to the ground, Dedede's downtilt (down+A, the kick...lol I think you don't know names, sorry if I'm wrong) outprioritizes it. If he tornadoes above the ground, shield it (try to powershield), and spotdodge almost at the end of it so your shield doesn't get eaten up as badly.

If you're above him, try to bair if you see the tornado, or quickly fastfall into safety (as much as "safety" can mean, against a character with a broken move).

ProSnaiL

Smash Rookie
D-tilt, U-tilt they both work pretty well but d-tilt only seems to work for me at the start of the tornado O_o

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
If what people are saying is too much for you, just use neutral B and swallow him up. You get super armor frames so you will take a few % but you'll be in control of the battle again (and spitting him out deals 10% or so).

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
u can try to toss a waddle dee toss but u would need a gordo if u want to hit mk

Top Bottom