• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do i get Chase to think?

OrangeMewtwo1337

Smash Cadet
You can't teach someone to think, it comes naturally to them. Let him grow, gain experience, and he'll start to realize. Eventually He'll see that he can't just attack and expect to win, and that he has to pay attention more to his opponent than himself. Show him videos of players midgames that can influence him, and leave it at that.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I dunno, he seems pretty wary of Marth's sword. He'll get better over time.

I liked that f-throw->DA->dair kill though. That was legit.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
thanks that makes a lot of sense :/
it was so depressing to watch. hopefully waiting a year, with his practice and watching zhu videos, he can prevail for all 8 year olds out there

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Dude this is our chance.

The chance of Falcos.

To build a player far better than any out there.

Really though, just get him to keep building that techskill, watching the Zhu videos will help, PP vids will give him the more defensive side of Falco, and getting him to practice certain techniques will help greatly. The whole mindgames side comes later. You need the tools first before you dig the garden.

PS: I am still wary of Marth's sword.
PSS: Bring him to Pound 4.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
let him age 2 years then talk about it again lol

edit: just thought I'd throw in I've been a fan of chase for a couple months and shown his video to alot of people ;)

edit edit: Um, just watched the video in this topic and he's improved immensely from the last time I saw him. I wouldn't really be stressing on him. He's improving, don't expect it to happen super fast. Also, just throwing out there, keep his age in mind and make sure not to get frustrated with him ;) Good **** Chase, best in world by 14.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
show him vids of his falco and everytime he loses a stock pause the vid and ask him why he died and what can he do from preventing it. its just like teachers tutoring students in school. once he can do most shiz on reaction its time to teach him deeper aspects.

ShootingStars

Smash Apprentice
play brawl to take a break... and trust me the slowness of it helps you THINK
my falco and marth is much better due to brawl

better mindgame.

S l o X

Smash Champion
D: that marth made me cringe.

you should probably teach him the basics like l cancel and wave dash but dont force anything on him. show him how cool wdashing is and if he gets it down show him the uses of spacing etc...

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
lol it sounds like ur trying to make him a robot
but yea it seems like hes too young, just trying to imitate what he seems without REALLY understanding the decisions pros make
legit it'l all come in time and what hes doing now will serve him alot better than it served us
at 7 years old i was running around hyrule with fox trying to get firefox kills
this kids gunna be pro

ShootingStars

Smash Apprentice
let him take a break at melee
when he comes back after a while his mind will be fresh

if he keeps playing everyday everything will be consistent
there would be barely change in this game other than tech skill

every person has a limit though

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
tis true. ah lol i don't know. i always treat him like hes my age for some reason
if you knew this kid, you'd see how SMART he is! maybe i should buy him the game. then he could play at his preference. he only plays like twice a week, and he doesnt have money to buy a game. but he keeps telling me he wants it so badly.

KHON™

Smash Apprentice
eh id say let him grow up alittle more

SHL Inconsistent
Less Rolling (get him to break the habit it can be done at age 8)

i would say more but id sound like a deckhead bashing on a 7 year old

i have faith in him.

Top Bottom