• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I beat MK with CF?

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
There has been one recurring atribute that provides advantages to characters throughout the Smash series. That's speed.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
I use Ganondorf AND Falcon and I must say it disheartens me to see mainers of two characters in a similar position argue in such a way.

Player 3

Smash Apprentice
i main ganon and falcon....

and its too close to call it one way or the other,
falcon has the advantage in the sense that he can punish,
but if ganon gets you, your ****ed

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Just pull off the sacred combo in real life. Hopefully the MK player will run away.

Seriously though, i would say plank knees. And use falcon dive.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I know that.

Why do you think i said it and didn't type in red?

I want this thread to be over. Everyone knows that Falcon Planking is asking for death.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Rely on u-air and Falcon Kick and little annoying attacks that rack up damage I guess. Then good luck killing him.

I just played my friend's MK with C. Falcon today. It was terribly difficult. Jabs, f-tilt, Falcon Kick, and u-air were pretty much the only things I did that could hit him XD

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
grab often. Space bairs at lower %, then kill with it later.

I usually just run around dodging like a madman until MK makes a mistake, then punish >__>

xzerolegend

Smash Cadet
let him aproach you if possible. play defensive. hit and run. dont be afraid to jump off stage after him. if hes below you or at your hieght he may up B when you do this and thats easily avoided. even if you dont get a hit on them off stage, you did manage to control their reaction for a moment. either keep at a distance or stay very close, metaknight has the most advantage at midrange. dont try to string moves together unless you know they'll hit. just land small hits when you can and go for the KO when hes at high enough percent.
dont get frustrated

Tenki

Smash Hero
^
to add to this,

most approaching MK's are horribly predictable (campy ones are much harder IMO). And the thing is, MK's attacks are punishable out of shield.

If they F-air? Shield and F-tilt OoS.
If they Up-B? Shield the rise, FH U-air OoS.

etc.

leonin

Smash Cadet
Use Bair for approach,is has good priority and less lag,try to always Uthrow him to hit with Uair and dont let him touch the ground.
Try to edgeguard him using the setup Flubbed knee + Uair with care,because you shoudnt let MK recover without trouble,or else you will find it hard to KO him.

pheX

Smash Apprentice
Choose your opponent wisely ;)

Well I'd suggest dont even try to edgeguard. You can't.
It always hard to edgeguard MK, but falcon will get gimped before you even notice.

Jabs are quite useful I guess since they are one of falcons best moves in brawl.
Play on defense. You can't rush Meta Knight. If you want to approach choose
something without lag. Maybe bair.
Try to punish every mistake, especially with upairs (Shieldgrab/upthrow)
you might hit more than one time.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Try to keep a little more distance so MK's attacks don't reach. Also keep in mind that Falcon is faster than MK, so it shouldn't be hard to keep plenty of distance. But try to keep the most in the air, and once he's about halfway done attacking, attack him, because CF's move aren't too slow. CF's running attack might work, too.

I say just try to keep a lot of distance. That's one of MK's major disadvantages.

POKE40

Smash Lord
Okay okay guys... thanks for a bunch of help.
:embarrass

I think I can handle this now...lol
btw what is planking? *hides, cause it was such a noobish question*

I watched the video w/ reflex play as MK and it was great.
And I see many people have different views on how to approach MK and they're all great.

So I'll adapt to my opponent's MK. I'll have to master MK in order to know what would be commonly used against CF and as CF, be prepared for it.

So overall:
-No edgeguarding
-If going offensive, provide no space for MK
-If providing no space, keep in mind of MK's attacks
-If going defensive, hit and run
- uair
- usmash (conserve)
-grab often
-most important: Falcon PAUNCH! (tnx Player 3, I almost forgot.)

Thanks!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
hack melee and give kirby a MK texture hack. Then show MK what its like to be bottom tier against a high tier

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
5 stock BF... low items, only mr.saturn on

Faclon SD, going for Up special, missed, got edge hogged. i was 20% and mk was 50% to :( (4-5)

Mk fall, sweet spoted knee of justice off stage, classic (4-4)

MK fall, recovered with raptor boost above stage (wtf as i doing?) and mk went right under and spiked to death lololol (4-3)

Falcon Fall, @136% mk comes jumps down (while invincible from respawn i believe) and d smashes me to death, ****. (3-3)

Mk fall, got a few combo's on him to build up damage (inc. another sweet-spoteed knee, which he almost died from) he was behind me @ 100ish% and i d smahed and hit him on the second hitbox (3-2)

Falcon sd, i was was being dumb and recoved with raptor boost and missed, really stupid (2-2)

Mk fall, he was hovering around the edge and i just ran off without jumping and sweetspoted a knee @ 75% (2-1)

Mk fall, i was @ 158% just trying to stay alive and he runs into my fully charged f smash @ 90ish % in the middle of BF.

5-3 win to C falcon

That's how i roll

Nami-Tsuki

Smash Rookie
Mindgames? If you're a psychic genius, they'll lose their will to live hopefully and NOT play as MK just because he's top tier.

Tiers are for queers anyway, so kick MK's *** >D I've done it against lvl 9s for funsies.

If all else fails, beg for an item match and hope luck is on your side.

Lareit

Smash Ace
5 stock BF... low items, only mr.saturn on

Faclon SD, going for Up special, missed, got edge hogged. i was 20% and mk was 50% to :( (4-5)

Mk fall, sweet spoted knee of justice off stage, classic (4-4)

MK fall, recovered with raptor boost above stage (wtf as i doing?) and mk went right under and spiked to death lololol (4-3)

Falcon Fall, @136% mk comes jumps down (while invincible from respawn i believe) and d smashes me to death, ****. (3-3)

Mk fall, got a few combo's on him to build up damage (inc. another sweet-spoteed knee, which he almost died from) he was behind me @ 100ish% and i d smahed and hit him on the second hitbox (3-2)

Falcon sd, i was was being dumb and recoved with raptor boost and missed, really stupid (2-2)

Mk fall, he was hovering around the edge and i just ran off without jumping and sweetspoted a knee @ 75% (2-1)

Mk fall, i was @ 158% just trying to stay alive and he runs into my fully charged f smash @ 90ish % in the middle of BF.

5-3 win to C falcon

That's how i roll
This is either Epic Win or Epic Phail....depending on how you look at it.

Top Bottom