• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you find Smashboards

007flash

Smash Journeyman
Explain how you found Smashboards. I read a Smash wiki article with a link.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Was linked to a topic through ONM forums showing how OTT people were getting about Samus' FS, then decided it was about time I joined.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Random and sheer luck.
I was searching for some juciy Brawl rumours, actually, I think I typed in on google "Brawl speculation" and searched through sites.
I found SWF eventually, and decided to sign up...
And here I am. :D

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
If I where you Xsyven I'd edit your thread. No matter how old it was. There is no excuse for bad grammar.

Well I was on teh intarwebs. And I searched in Google literally "SSBM Forum." At first i thought this was a crappy forum( and I turned out to be right.) but there was no other.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The truth is I have no idea. :laugh:

I may have Googled it or something.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
pikachun00b7 said:
If I where you Xsyven I'd edit your thread. No matter how old it was. There is no excuse for bad grammar.
It was from 2002. I think it's funny. I had a nasty ellipses problem, too.

After 5 years, pikachun00b7, you'll go back to all of your posts, realize how big of a wiener you were, and you'll just laaauuugh.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
After 5 years, pikachun00b7, you'll go back on all of your posts, realize how big of a wiener you are, and you'll just laaauuugh.
Even I do that and I didn't post much back then at all.

I was a total n00b. That's one thing for sure. XD

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
After 5 years, pikachun00b7, you'll go back on all of your posts, realize how big of a wiener you are, and you'll just laaauuugh.
I found that a lot funnier then I believe was intended :chuckle:

Anyways, I did a search for "SSBM Info" on Yahoo, lurked around the site for about a month, and finally joined...

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
After 5 years, pikachun00b7, you'll go back to all of your posts, realize how big of a wiener you were, and you'll just laaauuugh.
But I'm awesome just the way I am.

I was a total n00b. That's one thing for sure. XD
At east you name isn't Pikachu n00b.

EDIT: I probably wont be here in five years. Since SSBB will be popular there MUST be another forum I can go to. And never post here again.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer

EDIT: I probably wont be here in five years. Since SSBB will be popular there MUST be another forum I can go to. And never post here again.
But you're not!

And you forgot the 7.

And this may come as a shock to you, but for how big these forums are, they actually maintain great standards. I can't think of any other forums this size that maintain well.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
I found SmashBoards on the same day I registered here. I was looking for a Smash forum and BAM!. A few months later I started competing, so yeah, I'm new.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
But you're not!

And you forgot the 7.

And this may come as a shock to you, but for how big these forums are, they actually maintain great standards. I can't think of any other forums this size that maintain well.
No, I was referring to my actual name.
First name: Pikachu.
Last name: N00b.

No, I am not talking about the size, nor the members. It is just the **** advertisements everywhere. In the top of the forum, In between posts #1, and #2 in every thread. Even in our posts there are advertizements( The gray double underlined words.) No custom Avaters untill you are a premie. Even if you are a Premie your Sig space is not increased(I am not sure I'll check.) for any good sigs. Also this site has plenty of server errors.

Otherwise it is all good. Except for me. you all hate me don't you? You can't just stand my sexiness.

pdk

Smash Lord
shoryuken and mlg come to mind

anyway anther referred me, nice fella he is

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

Oh trust me, I hate my name just as much as you.

I have no idea what I was thinking, and I really don't like giving my name out for personal reasons. I wish I could change it but I don't have the money. XD

Anyways the only forum I joined before this one was GameFAQs (well I may have joined another one, but it wasn't video games.) So I'm thinking I found this forum through GameFAQs and not Google, now.

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
I don't even remember, but I remember having found this site wayyy back in like March 2001 (I was actually twelve then), but didn't join till December that year. Some landmarks I remember were green site layouts, green boards too, the boards reaching 1000 members, smashboards domain name, the UBB to VB switch, among other things. Since I like to keep this site looking like it used to, I use the Classic board layout, with the thin blue lines.

It's been a long time, but I don't see this place dying anytime soon. The Nintendo Power thing was a great boost to the place, and so have been the premium memberships, and stuff to keep this place running.

Sariku

Smash Master
I found it on google searching 'wavedashing.' The first post I saw on this site was Dylan_TNGA flaming n00bs for saying wavedashing is cheap LMAO

Hax

Smash Champion
some friends redirected me to it, and i'm extremely grateful they did. :p

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I found this site through another forum called wcreplays.com, best warcraft 3 site for competetive play. Someone mentioned smashboards - and what it was - so here i am.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Before the original Smash Bros. came out I remembered looking at info about it on smashbros.com, so when Melee was announced, I typed in smashbrosmelee.com to happen across Gid's site. I visited the main site for about two months before trying out the forums (I didn't know what a forum was, so I didn't click on the link). So yeah, I joined August 21st 2001 I believe, the same day as Kokichi regardless.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
gamefaqs -> smashboards

I'd known about it for quite some time before 2005, just never bothered to register.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
awhile ago (im talking 5yrs+ ago) i googled how to unlock the hidden characters and came to smashbrosmelee.com SWF's main site.

after a bit i wanted to know how to get better at the game, so i signed up as '2quick4U' screwed off, got banned. Cleaned my act up, and came back as MnR

metinks i first join in 2000

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Random and sheer luck.
I was searching for some juciy Brawl rumours, actually, I think I typed in on google "Brawl speculation" and searched through sites.
I found SWF eventually, and decided to sign up...
And here I am. :D

My story is the same as that guy's, except I was REALLY determined, I wanted to find a place where I can talk non-competitive Smash with (The only friend I have that likes Smash is a tournament-goer-toer.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
After going to my first competitive tournament in 2004, I heard all these terms I was unfamiliar with, and looked them up and ended up here. I've since lost the password to my original account, and settled upon this one.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
'2quick4U' screwed off, got banned. Cleaned my act up, and came back as MnR
Oh god, I remember that account. You came back then as "2quick4us Goast", right? God I hated him

As for the title, a guy linked me to his fanfiction here.

Matt

Banned via Administration
I heard there were hot Italian chicks here, so I came a-runnin'!

But seriously, in the many years I've been here at the sight, I think I've answered this question at least half a dozen times in related topics. I don't feel like answering again! I just feel like making fun of myself before someone else can beat me to it. I'm paranoid! =D

EDIT: I just noticed that I'm not alone in Mattland!

I'm scared!

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
You said "sight" instead of "site". English major my ***.

Oh, and even if you make fun of yourself before hand some people will still take the opportunity to do it themselves.

eski

Smash Rookie
A friend of mine would link us to these boards when he found something interesting, so I decided to join. It looks really cool.

Top Bottom