• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did Peach get nerfed again?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I got my *** handed to me by Peapo last night. It got me wondering, how the hell did Peach get nerfed again? All I can think of is that Turnips go away when shielded, the fthrow, and the dsmash, in which all 3 are still good moves in their own right.

I'm starting to wonder if she's buffed... It seems like she has a bit more KO power, speed, and the stupid double aerial floaty thing where Nair and Bair hit twice. D:

Thenagain, Peapo IS most likely just plain better than me, anyways... ;=;

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
IMO Peach didn't get nerfed, her moves and their attack power just got shuffled around. Most people think that because that the 3 things you said are not as good as before, she's been nerfed. In actual fact, it could be argued that she got buffed more than she got nerfed (like you said).

Peach still kicks ***. It just requires more skill. You can't just D smash and F throw for that nice and easy kill anymore :laugh:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
At first I thought that she got completely nerfed too. She didn't get buffed but she didn't get nerfed either. Its just that her play style is different. Peaches transition from melee to brawl can take a while to overcome, but once you do overcome it you'll find that Peach can still really put up a hell of a fight.

This happened to me. I had troubles with her at first, but I just continued to play as her and ignored all the times I lost. Then eventually I got better and learned what she could do and I started winning. At the moment Peach is probably one of my top 3 best/ favourite characters to play as.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
IMO Peach didn't get nerfed, her moves and their attack power just got shuffled around. Most people think that because that the 3 things you said are not as good as before, she's been nerfed. In actual fact, it could be argued that she got buffed more than she got nerfed (like you said).

Peach still kicks ***. It just requires more skill. You can't just D smash and F throw for that nice and easy kill anymore :laugh:

Yeah, I pretty much agree that she overall didn't get weaker but the power/ spacing/ etc of moves got moved onto some of her other moves.

She lost her second jump, fthrow, dsmash and turnip power.

But she did gain better vertical recovery with her parasol, an overall better Peach Bomber, better uptilt, and some of her moves lost startup lag. (ftilt?)

I guess that most of the people who quit playing Peach are the ones who spammed dsmash and fthrowed to victory.
:laugh:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero

I guess that most of the people who quit playing Peach are the ones who spammed dsmash and fthrowed to victory.
:laugh:
Obviously isn't true if people such as Cort and Vidjo stopped playing her :p

But yeah, Peach is underrated. However, it doesn't really matter what people say about characters at this moment because the game is... how old?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well float canceling was removed, but other than that, she has more trouble KOing, camping, and her recovery is significantly worse.

Well, she has more trouble KOing because her kill moves either require situational setup, like her U-smash, or they are fairly weak, like her B-air or F-smash. And her F-throw doesn't kill, neither does her D-smash.

Turnips are destroyed by shielding. Sucks.

Recovery is worse because her Up-B falls ridiculously slowly.

The main thing that's still good about her is priority on attacks. Everything else just isn't all that good since in Melee, she made up for shortcomings by having excellent combos.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Obviously isn't true if people such as Cort and Vidjo stopped playing her :p

But yeah, Peach is underrated. However, it doesn't really matter what people say about characters at this moment because the game is... how old?

I don't know if you noticed this, but its funny how you seem to always post right after me( check out the Side-B Spammers thread in the Zelda forums.) .:laugh:

I really haven't been here long enough to know the names of the well-known former Peach mainers back in the Melee days, so excuse me for that.

Even with all her downsides, I still believe Peach can still take on those future high tier characters, just like in Melee. It just requires more skill and practice to use her. IMO, she is one of the deepest characters in the game.

Winning every battle by using high tier characters< Winning battles with Low tier characters.

It just shows that you worked harder to use your character. ( Not saying that people who use OU characters don't work hard, just saying that lower tier characters are harder to get used to.):laugh: Okay, there are no tiers at the moment in which the Brawl cast will be placed. But it seems that Peach will be put into a tier below the characters that are used a lot more than her. This includes but not limited to Marth, Metaknight, Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Snake. No one knows if this will be true for the future because Brawl is relatively new. ( compared to the seven year Melee!) But Peach is an underrated character.( as NJzFinest said)

Looking back at my post.... that's a loong rant.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
It's hard to say whether shes nerfed or buffed because Brawl has different physics and new characters. It's all relative. If you put in Melee peach into brawl, for example, and she had all that hitstun when she got hit, she'd be the worst character in Brawl since everyone could combo her like crazy and she wouldn't be able to sweetspot the ledge so easily, she'd get edgeguarded. It's a different game once again. That's why I don't like the nerfed or buffed terms.

I think she's just a few characters below where she used to be on the tier list in Melee, relative to the best. She's one of the better ones of the mid tier, rather than high tier.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
My tournament record with Peach, No counterpick characters at all, just Peach.

May, 17 2008

9th of 62 in Singles at Montage Presents: The Peak, Already? Princeton.

June, ?? (update when I get the date.) , 2008

13th out of 30 at NYC weeklies

July, 12, 2008

13th of 76 in Singles at Mass Madness 10

Hard work pays off people. Just work hard despite what others say about Peach and such. And mindgames of course are important. its not all about combos and the down air.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Hmm, I know you've played in more then 3 tourneys :p

Nevertheless, good work and come to the next Montage dude ^-^

hova

Smash Champion
peach is amazing. she has a few hard match ups, but can win all of them and can win a lot of the hard match ups easily if you're the better player. i'm also finding that she ***** a lot of the not so good characters like Ganon, little boys, PT and such

i'm slightly excited to see how things pan out once all the larger tournies get underway. i'm pretty sure Critical Hit 3 has been the largest tournament skill wise with pretty much the best players on the EC from NC up to Mass and Ct coming down, plus DSF

i was the only Peach there :(

hopefully everyone will be at Esticle and Critical Hit 4 to rep

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hmm, I know you've played in more then 3 tourneys :p

Nevertheless, good work and come to the next Montage dude ^-^
Nah. I only played in three of them.

Others I played were online. One was teams, I got second. three of them were singles. First 2 I got second. And a tournament like a 2 weeks ago or so I got 1st. And' I'll see about going to montage sometime if I can get a ride or housing.

But to stay on topic thought I show my record just to say with all her nerfs or w/e Peach can do well. Maybe better than expected.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
i remember seeing this guy on the boards saying how bad peach was >_> peach is just underestmated. she's good.

D

Deleted member

i remember seeing this guy on the boards saying how bad peach was >_> peach is just underestmated. she's good.
underestimated along with luigi and samus...but not link, link sucks lol :'(

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Well, I think she did get nerfed. She was the 5th best character in Melee, there's no way she'll be Brawl's 5th best character. She has an awful size-weight ratio, she's slow (her dash is the 4th slowest) and lacks a second jump. Nerfed turnips, dash attack, dsmash, throws, nair and parasol falling speed. That being said, Peach can't be played as her Melee counterpart, and Brawl Peach is effective too ^^ She got some buffs as well (dair, uair, fair, Toad, Peach Bomber) and I actually prefer her moveset this time, she's more fun to play. I love Brawl Peach, there's no way I'd main someone else >_<

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I hated peach in melee, her dsmash made no sense... all she did was twirl her dress and it racked up like 1000% damage and it sucked you in... and it spat you back out for a KO.

This Peach is lot less of a ho.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Y'mean Yuna haha?

Well at least she doesn't suffer from the fail priority issue Sonic does. XD

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
underestimated along with luigi and samus...but not link, link sucks lol :'(
Samus is nothing compared to her melee counter part. Its funny how they completely ruined Samus, yet created a creature who basically sucked the souls of all the nerfed characters and became the broken MK

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
peach is amazing. she has a few hard match ups, but can win all of them and can win a lot of the hard match ups easily if you're the better player. i'm also finding that she ***** a lot of the not so good characters like Ganon, little boys, PT and such

i'm slightly excited to see how things pan out once all the larger tournies get underway. i'm pretty sure Critical Hit 3 has been the largest tournament skill wise with pretty much the best players on the EC from NC up to Mass and Ct coming down, plus DSF

i was the only Peach there :(

hopefully everyone will be at Esticle and Critical Hit 4 to rep
Hey did you play against Ajax at CH3? He told me he played a Peach that almost beat him.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen anyone mention her Down Aerial. As far as I'm concerned, that's easily her biggest buff, and it more than makes up for her nerfs (other than her Down Smash and forward throw, which are obviously tragedies).

And I agree... She plays very differently than she did in Melee, but given time she's going to rise to the top again. Her float just makes her to versatile to keep her down for long, and I'm finding myself more and more able to hit with the sweet spots of her killing moves.

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman
This Peach is lot less of a ho.
That's right. Also, she screamed in almost every attack she made

YAHOO YAAAAAAH HEEEEEYYA HAAAAA YEEOOOOO Suh-weet

I liked that though
Oh man, I am still laughing.

All I know is that Peach can't pwn as easily as she did in Melee. Like someone said her "power" got re-shuffled, so I feel like she is more balanced in Brawl than she was in Melee where her Dair and Nair where nothing, and her Dsmash was called a kill move. I put Melee in the other day and I tried to fight some computer fox or something. I had forgotten how to Play Melee Peach so when I tried to Dair and Nair I was like
"WuTF ees theeze!?!?1"

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Peach lost her broken moves. The Melee Dsmash was broken to Metaknight levels. And its now way easier to catch projectiles and her second jump doesn't move her very far and she's got more lag after her aerials and float cancelling is gone.

But she's got a lot of cool things to make up for it.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Downsmash was not broken. If you watch a high level match between Peach and other chars, she is punished half of the time she uses it. Against Falcon I had to avoid using that move altgether unless he was in a position of being combod or rolling on the ground because Falcon's wait for it and knee you in the face if you use it.

Also, I think being easier to catch projectiles is in Peach's FAVOR. Everyone accidently catches turnips and it totally takes away all their tilts and A moves. I love it when Snake accidentlly catches a turnip.

hova

Smash Champion
Hey did you play against Ajax at CH3? He told me he played a Peach that almost beat him.
yeah, i actually lost to Ajax in winners bracket and then DSF in losers (***** Cali :laugh:)

i wrecked him first match, close match on Luigi Mansion, he wrecked me third match

DSF beat me one stock first match, but it was a really solid one stock and wrecked my **** the second match

***** Cali:ohwell:

Top Bottom