• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
I don't like the idea of skull kid in ssbb. There are some much more venerable zelda characters than him.
I can respect that you don't want Skull Kid in Brawl. To each his own and all that, but there isn't necessarily a connection between any two characters.

That is to say, simply because an "undeserving" or "less deserving" character makes it doesn't necessarily exclude any other character. Nor does any characters acceptance mean the acceptance of another necessarily.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I laugh at the fact you call me biased yet you don't call Stryks biased which he obviously is. Oh wait just noticed the Midna sig you fanboy.
Oh course, your no less a fanboy...practically screaming at people because of your precious character

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not screaming at all, in fact I'm quite calm. (thank you very much illegal drugs.:))
Anyway you can't deny that anyone who supports a character is biased to an extent.:)
But of course

vesperview

Smash Hero
I laugh at the fact you call me biased yet you don't call Stryks biased which he obviously is. Oh wait just noticed the Midna sig you fanboy.
Stryks is not biased, you're the one who needs a Sakurai statement to believe something as simple as retro. Seriously you're the only one who is biased here, you can't even find any decent argument to support SkullKid's inclusion, nuff said.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Stryks is not biased, you're the one who needs a Sakurai statement to believe something as simple as retro. Seriously you're the only one who is biased here, you can't even find any decent argument to support SkullKid's inclusion, nuff said.
I laugh at you stealing jimmy's line. :laugh: anyway my point about retro characters is completely valid even if everyone is too stubborn to admit it. We have no idea what Sakurai's definition of retro is (it could very well be 64 and back for all we know) so saying skull kid isn't retro like it's fact is stupid. A decent argument for Skull Kids inclusion?

Cult favorite
Moveset potential
RETRO POSSIBLY

how are those for you?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Cult favorite
I don't think you even know what this means, it totally pwns your arguments, when you say CULT favorite, you're basically saying he has a small but loyal fanbase which is nowhere near enough for what a character needs to have to be in Brawl.

Moveset potential
Every character has moveset potential, this argument fails.

RETRO POSSIBLY
Stop saying he's retro even as a possibility if you have no actual proof of that, and I'm sure you can't find it because N64 is NOT retro, it's just two gens behind unlike NES which is 4.

how are those for you?
In conclusion? BAD!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
As said above, everyone is biased to their character to an extent(wow, I agreed with PsychoIncarnate as well...weird). I am pretty sure we all can flip out reasons for just about any character to be in Brawl.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
You cannot be serious! Skull Kid is one of the greatest villains in one of Nintendo's greatest franchises. I'm nearly certain he'll make the cut.

As for his move set, thats the tricky part.

But I'm sure Nintendo is better at this than I.

One of the greatest villains of all time??? Um I wouldnt take it that far.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I don't think you even know what this means, it totally pwns your arguments, when you say CULT favorite, you're basically saying he has a small but loyal fanbase which is nowhere near enough for what a character needs to have to be in Brawl.

Every character has moveset potential, this argument fails.
Skull Kid has MORE moveset potential than most characters though. He has his fairies and all the moves Majora used in the fight. That's more moveset potential than say Midna.

Stop saying he's retro if you have no actual proof of that, and I'm sure you can't find it because N64 is NOT retro.
You keep telling me to stop saying he's retro yet you give me no evidence to suggest what Sakurai's opinion of retro is.:laugh: my point stands that people have different opinions of retro.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I love it when idiots use the amount of people on smashboards (which consists of one percent of a fraction of the smash community that consits of mostly people who don't post all the time) as a way to measure someones fanbase.
Yeah, 'cause if we talk outside of here, everyone would say Zant is better, and even he IS better than Skull kid, you're the only one biased here Numa.

Edit:

For ****s sake!, Retro is not an Opinion! is a definition used for old school games, dating from the Snes and Back.

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
Ok.... This is starting to piss me off

This post is in no way saying that Skull Kid IS GOING TO BE IN BRAWL, It's just some people who are here, because they WOULD LIKE to see him in Brawl. A characters chance in Brawl doesn't mean it can't be speculated about and have a thread where people who like him can discuss him, among other things.

If you really don't want Skull Kid in this thread, than why are you here, go post about Geno, Ridley, Megaman, or some other character that you would like to see in Brawl

You don't see me invading a thread arguing that he isn't going to be in Brawl and telling them to just STFU cause theres no chance. So what's your reason for invading this one, is it because that a possible Zelda rep can lower Midna's chances, or just that you love arguing for the sake of arguing. Either way if you don't like Skull Kid than just leave please, there is no reason for you to be in here

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Ok.... This is starting to piss me off

This post is in no way saying that Skull Kid IS GOING TO BE IN BRAWL, It's just some people who are here, because they WOULD LIKE to see him in Brawl. A characters chance in Brawl doesn't mean it can't be speculated about and have a thread where people who like him can discuss him, among other things.

If you really don't want Skull Kid in this thread, than why are you here, go post about Geno, Ridley, Megaman, or some other character that you would like to see in Brawl

You don't see me invading a thread arguing that he isn't going to be in Brawl and telling them to just STFU cause theres no chance. So what's your reason for invading this one, is it because that a possible Zelda rep can lower Midna's chances, or just that you love arguing for the sake of arguing. Either way if you don't like Skull Kid than just leave please, there is no reason for you to be in here
I love you in a heterosexual (straight) way.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok so popularity means nothing rite? Tell that to Ike, now the most popular lord in japan and the states, he only apepared in one game (like midna) (soon to be 2) and had the main role (next to link, like midna) and even tough hes not important to the WHOLE series (like midna), hes in... popularity is a factor, diddy was on the top 5 and is playable, sonic was the most wanted 3rd party, ta da playable, saying popularity means **** is stupid, immature and ********, combined with a bit of n00bishness...

the roles or HMS and skull kiid according to numa:

Happy mask salesman= The third most important character in MM. He was the character who was robbed of the mask and therefore is crucial to the story.

Skull Kid= The second most important character in MM. The character who unleased the apocalypse onto Termina and the one who is the villain for most of the game.

my take on midna:

Midna IS the twilight princess, the games title, she was the next in line to rule the twilight realm, when Zant, combined with the powers of ganondorf, usurpered her the throne and transform her into imp, transforming the people of that realm into shadow monsters, midna, knowing of the fused shadows, she took one and use it as a helmet, and seek the other to take down zant, she finds link, and helps him out, and viceversa, together they found the fused shadow, but beaten by zant before using them, shes p[oisoned by light, who then zelda gave her own LIFE to save her, she, knowing about the twilight mirror along with link sent on a quest to find it, later beating zant to obtain the fused shadow, she killed zant and almost gave her life fighting ganondorf...

shes the 2nd most important character in the game, but had a bigger role than anyone else, the story revolved around her, and the twilight realm, but at the same time her understanding that without one world, the other falls, thus she builds up a bomd with the light world and link, and decided to save both worlds together...

yeah I guess that takes down the other 2 guys role huh?

U may call midna the helper, but being a helper IS BETTER THAN BEING A PUPPET FOR A MASK USING U AGAINST UR WILL, AND A SALESMAN THAT WAS KNOCKED OUT BY A KID WHO TOOK HIS MASK AWAY...

I respect the opinions of everyone, but saying a character deserves the shot, or saying he SHOULD be in brawl is out of the question with me, ignoring facts and saying otherwise pisses me off, hey I would like to see master chief in brawl, but u dont see me ignoring the facts and saying he deserves the spot now do you?

ur post:
NUMA said:
She makes Link do everything for her. That makes her as important as the king of red lions.
wait wait, doesnt the mask make skull kid do EVERYTHING, he even SAID so, he said skull kid was just a puppet...

stryks 1 numa 0

doesnt the HMS make link get the mask back, caus ehe cant and almost begging for him to do it?

Stryks 2 numa 0

numa said:
She got PWNED by Zant and then hid in Link's shadow as he did everything by himself. WHAT A GIGANTIC ROLE!
Me said:
so just because midna got "pwned" by zant she cant get in? BS, zant got pwned at the end, she KILLED him, and skull kid got pwned by a song and 4 giants, HMS got pwned by skull kid himself, he knock him out and took the mask... oh yeah midnas chances are so low [/sarcasm]
Numas post said:
So instead of actually trying to prove to me why she is important you respond with an idiotic comment?
numa post before mine said:
She got PWNED by Zant and then hid in Link's shadow as he did everything by himself. WHAT A GIGANTIC ROLE!
U say mines idiotic when u said it in the same way before me... FAIL

= retro character, and retro characters dont need a big fanbase...

Numa said:
Skull Kid has MORE moveset potential than most characters though. He has his fairies and all the moves Majora used in the fight. That's more moveset potential than say Midna.
Dark field, teleportation, hair spikes, hair grab, spark stun, levitation, need i say more?
Ok apart from responding to ur self pwnage, what about actually giving me some PROOF of WHY skull kid and HMS should be in... so i can shatter them later XD

Now to do homework!

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
One of the greatest villains of all time??? Um I wouldnt take it that far.
Please try more carefully not to misquote me; I get misrepresented enough as it is. I didn't say he was one of the greatest villains of all time. I said he one of the greatest villains in one of the greatest Nintendo's franchises.

I'm sure you'd agree Zelda is one of Nintendo's greatest franchises, so now lets look at the villains in the franchise.

Gannon
Agahnim
Vaati
Zant
Nightmare
Skullkid

Am I missing anyone?

Edit: Forgot Onox and Veran. Anyone else?

I'd prefer Skull Kid over any of the listed villains, but even objectively, I think Skull Kid w/ Majoras Mask is atleast number 2 (behind Gannon). Some might disagree, but I stand by my statement. One of the best villains in one of Nintendo's best franchises.

As for him making the cut, I got carried away. I certainly think he should make the cut. We'll see if he does or not.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Mr. Game and Watch was a revolutionary RETRO character, his inclusion in Melee was to make him a tribute unlike Skull Kid.

You probably haven't even played TP if you say Midna has no moveset potential, ANY character can have a moveset, Captain Falcon only drove a car yet he has a moveset, that's a stupid argument, plus SkullKid and Midna have both equally good potential movesets, who's more popular? Midna, Why? Because she comes from the latest Zelda game, she's more recent, she actually has more charisma than SkullKid, period.

You keep telling me to stop saying he's retro yet you give me no evidence to suggest what Sakurai's opinion of retro is.:laugh: my point stands that people have different opinions of retro.
You're a ******, if someone came up with a statement of Sakurai that said that only NES is retro then you would completely change your "opinion" on it, Sakurai did not create the word retro so I suggest you go read the definition of retro in case you don't have the slightest idea of what it is, you don't call last season's clothes vintage, you don't call last gen consoles retro, nuff said.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I guess this is the first time i agree with Vesperview. *high fives vesperview* *high fives Stryks*. I just noticed something, Latin America FTW.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
The problem is with all these characters is that were all expecting way to much. With all of people's expectations, we would have a character update almost every other day or so. All you have to do is think of the most popular characters that are most likely to show up. I would have to say that skull kid wouldnt be in brawl for that reason. I dont think hes quite popular enough and there are more characters that represent the Zelda series much much better. But hey you never know.

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
I guess this is the first time i agree with Vesperview. *high fives vesperview* *high fives Stryks*. I just noticed something, Latin America FTW.
Did you not just read my post? Why stay here and flame when you can go support other characters you like. There's no point arguing over something that you have absolutely no control of, say why not just support something that you like, instead of wasting energy on something you don't like, same with Vesperview, and any others who just flame to get their post count up......

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thing is whats the point to have a thread if only does that aprove can post? we need anti-character people to have a good debate, im not anti skull kid, I would LOVE to see him in brawl, bt NEVER have I said he should/deserves to be in, when he doesnt, people do that, so I come to prove them wrong, and cue the debate here...

thats the main reason forums exist, to debate on a certain subject...

if people say: "I would like to see X character in brawl/ I think he would do wel lin brawl"
I dont bash, its an opinion and respect it

and then

"He deserves to be in cause of this/ He will be in brawl cause yadayadayada/ He will be in brawl over this character cause hes cooler"
Thats were I come in...

vesperview

Smash Hero
Did you not just read my post? Why stay here and flame when you can go support other characters you like. There's no point arguing over something that you have absolutely no control of, say why not just support something that you like, instead of wasting energy on something you don't like, same with Vesperview, and any others who just flame to get their post count up......
What's the point of being in the character boards if not to argue the inclusion of any kind of character? It would be so boring to just go to the threads of the characters I like and say:

Oh, he's awesome, he should make it
Come on!

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
The problem is with all these characters is that were all expecting way to much. With all of people's expectations, we would have a character update almost every other day or so. All you have to do is think of the most popular characters that are most likely to show up. I would have to say that skull kid wouldnt be in brawl for that reason. I dont think hes quite popular enough and there are more characters that represent the Zelda series much much better. But hey you never know.

I don't expect Skull Kid to make it. I don't think anyone does. But it would be cool if he did.

Did you catch my last post? How do you think Skull Kid compares to other Zelda villains?

Oh, and I wouldn't mind a character update almost every other day or so. :)

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
Actually i believe forums exist to discuss, not debate, big difference

Anyways you've been completely biased this entire time, along with some Skull Kid supporters, so this is not only an anti-skull kid thing. You have said multiple times that you would LOVE to see him in Brawl, but all I see is you flaming anyone who supports him, If you have ever taken a Debate class, than you should know not to be biased, If you haven't well, everyone learns something every day.

So anyways, I never said any character deserves to be in, cause in all right, none deserve to be in, and I really wouldn't care if any characters were removed at this point because it is just a game, and well I can find other characters to play as.

Also to all the biased Skull Kid supporters and anti-Skull Kid's, please learn to use logical reasoning on a subject other than, "MIDNAS IS TEH BETTR CHOICE CAUSE SHES PRINCESS LOLS", and "SKULL KDI IOS COOL AND EMOS LOL HE SHULD BE IN THE MOST" . You all are just making yourself look bad

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
Get the hell out of this thread.

If you don't have anything good to say about Skull Kid and are here just to create hostility,

Get the hell out.

As much as I severely hate every other character suggestion spewed onto these boards, you don't see me going into their respective threads and downplay the supporters. So don't do it in the one representing my favorite character.

Midna is just a gimmick character and all the others are ****, leave them out of this.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im giving out the facts of why midna is the more logicial choice, not to mention the likeliest to be added, its numa who completely ignores it...

and I know ur not the one thats saying that a character deserves to be in yadayadayada, its, again, numa...

@skull: We aint leaving, e have the rights to talk about any character, I dont think he can make it? fine I can let my voice be hard, i dont bash the supporters for no reason, i just give my opinion, see some guy saying "ZOMG HE WILL BE IN1!!" then I bash, why? becasue with no proff saying X character WILL be in is ********....

Bajef8

Smash Ace
does anyone remember that awesomely perfect photoshopped pic of skull kid that looked like an official update? if someone has it they should post it here.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
As much as I severely hate every other character suggestion spewed onto these boards, you don't see me going into their respective threads and downplay the supporters.
I agree with this point. Who is anti anyone? Advocacy is understandable, but if I don't like a character, I don't post in the thread. What would be the point? As if anyone is going to say "Aww , shucks your right...I don't think [insert character] would be a good addition at all anymore..."

It smacks of crying for attention.

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
Ok Stryks, I know you have been somewhat calm this entire time but, Shuma and Vesperview are just spewing out complete and utter non-sense with their one line posts just saying Midna is betterand *high-five*.

Also another thing on the "debate" thing, I'm all for debating if it's in a sensible manner, and not just "he's not ever going to be in brawl so just GTFO cause he has no chance", i prefer "I don;t believe this move would work for him because it's too OP, heres as suggestion that would tone it down a bit" "And I believe this version of (insert character name here) is better than the one you suggested because of (insert reasons here)"

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
@skull: We aint leaving, e have the rights to talk about any character, I dont think he can make it? fine I can let my voice be hard, i dont bash the supporters for no reason, i just give my opinion, see some guy saying "ZOMG HE WILL BE IN1!!" then I bash, why? becasue with no proff saying X character WILL be in is ********....
I thought I told you not to talk to me. You said you were done pages ago, but apparently not. I thought we'd agreed to disagree, but apparently not. You keep bringing me up, stop it. You're approaching groupie status.

How many times must I and others say there is a difference between saying character will make it and saying it would be cool if a certain character made it. I've said it at least 2 or 3 times. I think it would be cool if Skull Kid made it. See the title of this thread.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Ok so popularity means nothing rite? Tell that to Ike, now the most popular lord in japan and the states, he only apepared in one game (like midna) (soon to be 2) and had the main role (next to link, like midna) and even tough hes not important to the WHOLE series (like midna), hes in... popularity is a factor, diddy was on the top 5 and is playable, sonic was the most wanted 3rd party, ta da playable, saying popularity means **** is stupid, immature and ********, combined with a bit of n00bishness...
You said it yourself Ike was soon to be in two games which means you can NOT compare him to Midna at all.

Midna IS the twilight princess, the games title
Which makes her as important as a baton and an ocarina.

zelda gave her own LIFE to save her,
Zelda didn't give her life for Midna you *******. She gave Midna part of the tri-force of wisdom which allowed her to live in the light realm. There is a difference.

shes the 2nd most important character in the game,
Zant and Ganon are WAY more important than her. They are the reason the game happened while Midna is just some stupid helper character with a bad attitude.

but had a bigger role than anyone else, the story revolved around her, and the twilight realm, but at the same time her understanding that without one world, the other falls, thus she builds up a bomd with the light world and link, and decided to save both worlds together...
The story revolved around Link's quest to save the world, get it right fanboy.

yeah I guess that takes down the other 2 guys role huh?
No it doesn't. Midna is TP's fairy and doesn't even do a good job at that. HMS and SK are the reasons MM happens which make them crucial to the story unlike Midna who coud have been killed by Zant and the story would have been no different.

U may call midna the helper, but being a helper IS BETTER THAN BEING A PUPPET FOR A MASK USING U AGAINST UR WILL, AND A SALESMAN THAT WAS KNOCKED OUT BY A KID WHO TOOK HIS MASK AWAY...
Okay I'm tired of this stupid misconception. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING MANIPULATED AND BEING CONTROLLED! Skull Kid had ALL his free will while he had the mask. The mask simply gave him the push he needed in order to be evil. The HMS is the reason the game HAPPENED! If he hadn't been robbed then the game wouldn't have happened. Likewise if Midna had been killed by Zant and not transformed then the game would still have been the same.

I respect the opinions of everyone, but saying a character deserves the shot, or saying he SHOULD be in brawl is out of the question with me, ignoring facts and saying otherwise pisses me off, hey I would like to see master chief in brawl, but u dont see me ignoring the facts and saying he deserves the spot now do you?
You need to get a life. WHO THE **** CARES IF SOMEONE DISSAGREES WITH YOU?! YOU CAN NOT JUST GO AROUND ACTING AS IF YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING BECAUSE THINGS AREN'T THAT SIMPLE!

Can't see quotes in a quote.

wait wait, doesnt the mask make skull kid do EVERYTHING, he even SAID so, he said skull kid was just a puppet...
The mask simply gave SK the push he needed to be evil. The mask had no actual control over SK just influence.

stryks 1 numa 0
Numa: 1 Stryks: 0

doesnt the HMS make link get the mask back, caus ehe cant and almost begging for him to do it?
Yes. This matters why?

Stryks 2 numa 0
I ask again, this matters why? Link is the defenition of a tool, he spends every game being told what to do by someone.

U say mines idiotic when u said it in the same way before me... FAIL
I wasn't making an idiotic comment. I was mimicing the way you usually describe a charcter you don't likes role.

Ok apart from responding to ur self pwnage, what about actually giving me some PROOF of WHY skull kid and HMS should be in... so i can shatter them later XD
Skull Kid is a cult favorite from what is believed by some to be the best Zelda ever and has what could possibly be retro appeal (still waiting for someone to show me where Sakurai explains what his defenition of retro is and no there is not one simple fact of what retro is) and has some of the best moveset potential of any Zelda character.

I have no reason for HMS to be included other than he could be a homage to Mr. Miyamoto.

Mr. Game and Watch was a revolutionary RETRO character, his inclusion in Melee was to make him a tribute unlike Skull Kid.
I love how you ignored the fact I was using G&W as an example of a cult favorite.

You probably haven't even played TP if you say Midna has no moveset potential, ANY character can have a moveset, Captain Falcon only drove a car yet he has a moveset, that's a stupid argument, plus SkullKid and Midna have both equally good potential movesets, who's more popular? Midna, Why? Because she comes from the latest Zelda game, she's more recent, she actually has more charisma than SkullKid, period.
I did not say Midna had no moveset potential I said Skull Kid had MORE moveset potential which is fact because withought Wolf Link Midna would suck. Skull Kid has the masks powers (fire beams, mask remains, barrage of energy balls just to name a few) and his fairies which is more than Midna (energy field and spider transformation). Also it's easier on the developers if they have something to work with.

You're a ******, if someone came up with a statement of Sakurai that said that only NES is retro then you would completely change your "opinion" on it, Sakurai did not create the word retro so I suggest you go read the definition of retro in case you don't have the slightest idea of what it is, you don't call last season's clothes vintage, you don't call last gen consoles retro, nuff said.
First off YOU ARE NOT JIMMY!

Second, words can be interpreted in different ways by different people. This is fact so stop saying ONE defenition of the term retro is correct and understand that people have opinions. IMO retro is any past generation. You have no right to say this is wrong because it is opinion and Sakurai could either A. agree with it or B. dissagree with it. Until I see or hear Sakurai's defenition of retro then my point stands that SK COULD be considered retro.

You guys need to listen to this guy. Instead of being douchebags and starting flame wars you should focus on supporting who YOU want and not flaming who other people want. I'm not saying you shouldn't debate about characters chances but you shouldn't be idiots and just barge into a thread and start *****ing and moaning about how they are wrong or some ****. People have opinions get over it.

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
Why am I supposed to write three paragraphs when my obvious reasoning can be summarized in one sentence?

Plus, I'm leaving when I feel like it... you have no right to tell people where to post or how to do it.
Because your "obvious reasons" are not so obvious. All it does is make you look like a whiney kid, who doesn't have the attention span to write a paragraph in which one could read easily and in which your words cannot be manipulated, making you look dumb and/or just totally missing your point. Paragraphs = easier understanding and sentences= open to interpretatio

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
Why am I supposed to write three paragraphs when my obvious reasoning can be summarized in one sentence?

Plus, I'm leaving when I feel like it... you have no right to tell people where to post or how to do it.
There is no obvious reasoning why Skull Kid shouldn't be in Brawl. In fact, I, as well as others, have plenty of logical reasoning as to why Skull Kid could and should be included in Brawl over other potential Zelda characters.

And you can leave when you have nothing further to contribute.

Leave.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I love how you ignored the fact I was using G&W as an example of a cult favorite.
I didn't ignore the fact... how even dare you compare G&W with SkullKid? as Stryks said, retro characters do not need a great fanbase since they are basically just included on the emotional factor, cause people remember playing with them and retro characters in the retro characters that have been in smash were more popular in their prime than Skullkid ever was or will.

I did not say Midna had no moveset potential I said Skull Kid had MORE moveset potential which is fact because withought Wolf Link Midna would suck. Skull Kid has the masks powers (fire beams, mask remains, barrage of energy balls just to name a few) and his fairies which is more than Midna (energy field and spider transformation). Also it's easier on the developers if they have something to work with.
Who the hell is saying Wolf Link? Midna alone would have an equally moveset than Skullkid, you haven't even played TP if you think her moveset is only limited to energy field and "spider" transformation.

First off YOU ARE NOT JIMMY!

Second, words can be interpreted in different ways by different people. This is fact so stop saying ONE defenition of the term retro is correct and understand that people have opinions. IMO retro is any past generation. You have no right to say this is wrong because it is opinion and Sakurai could either A. agree with it or B. dissagree with it. Until I see or hear Sakurai's defenition of retro then my point stands that SK COULD be considered retro.
So basically you are saying that if Sakurai says so, then you do too? You'll hold on to your opinion until Sakurai says otherwise? Wow, you truly fail.

There is no obvious reasoning why Skull Kid shouldn't be in Brawl. In fact, I, as well as others have plenty of logical reasoning as to why Skull Kid could and should be included in Brawl over other potential Zelda characters.

And you can leave when you have nothing further to contribute.

Leave.
I wasn't reasoning about Skullkid in my one sentence post, he's comparing Mr G&W's inclusion to SkullKid's which is a stupid example of what he's trying to say, and it doesn't take an expert or to be Sakurai to know there are by far more potential Zelda characters than Skullkid, and if you are only going to be a wannabe moderator and add nothing to the debate you're the one who should click away of this thread.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I didn't ignore the fact... how even dare you compare G&W with SkullKid? as Stryks said, retro characters do not need a great fanbase since they are basically just included on the emotional factor, cause people remember playing with them and retro characters in the retro characters that have been in smash were more popular in their prime than Skullkid ever was or will.
Oh the hypocrisy. First off you basically said SK wasn't as popular as retro characters with no proof so you autimatically fail. Second, SK does in fact have "emotional factor" because he is from a very beloved Zelda game that is to this day considered by some to be the best Zelda.

Who the hell is saying Wolf Link? Midna alone would have an equally moveset than Skullkid, you haven't even played TP if you think her moveset is only limited to energy field and "spider" transformation.
I've played enough TP to see how unoriginal Midna is. A tag team with WL is the only way Midna could have a cool moveset and by herself her moves are limited to what she did to help WL which isn't much. SK has the power of the mask which had THREE forms. A hell of alot more moveset potential than a stupid Imp.

So basically you are saying that if Sakurai says so, then you do too? You'll hold on to your opinion until Sakurai says otherwise? Wow, you truly fail.
Learn to read *******. I said (and have been saying for a while) that SK COULD be considered retro if Sakuari's opinion of retro includes 64 Zelda and until it is stated otherwise it's idiotic to say that SK isn't retro like fact.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hei Numa since ur so confident retro means paste gens, how about showing US where sakurai says past consoles are retro? until then STFU about wanting proof if u cant provide the contrary urself, also look retro at wiki...

NUMA said:
Link is the defenition of a tool, he spends every game being told what to do by someone.
THEN WHY THE HELL ARE U BASHIN MIDNA FOR USING LINK TO GET WHAT SHE WANTS U MAKE NO SENSE!!

NUMA said:
The mask simply gave SK the push he needed to be evil. The mask had no actual control over SK just influence.
And midna just freed Link while he was a wolf in order to get what she wants, now lets compare:

MM gives skull kid power
Midna gives link freedom

In exchange Skull kid use the power to bring down the moon, MMs plan all along
In exchange midna asked link to help her to get the fused shadows to save her people

ur point?

the only diference is midna has more depth as a character, u see her switch personalities from a brat to a princess who cares for both worlds, she has more story than skul lkid had, and shes more than just a helper, without her the game wouldnt make sense, shes one if not THE most importatn character in the story...

NUMA said:
You said it yourself Ike was soon to be in two games which means you can NOT compare him to Midna at all.
So u completely ignored what I proved that popularity is indeed a factor and now say its a diferent thing JUST BECAUSE Ike has one more game...

Ok look at shiek, she had a minor role (considering shes a seperate character even tough shes zelda), only there to tell u abit about the 7 years that passed and show u a few songs, and was in one game...

midna has a bigger role than shiek in TP and is as well in one game... ur point? ganondorf (not ganon, ganonDORF, the human form) only had one appearance before that, and hes playable...

HOW MANY GAMES THE CHARACTER APPEARED IN IS NOT A FACTOR, IKE IS BASED ON HIS 1ST FE GAME, AND BY THE TIME THE GAME CAME OUT LONG BEOFRE THAT SAKURAI MUST HAVE PICKED HIM TO BE IN THE FINAL ROSTER, HE DIDNT ADD THE CHARACTER JUST A FEW WEEKS BEFORE HIS CONFIRMATION...

I wasn't making an idiotic comment. I was mimicing the way you usually describe a charcter you don't likes role.
And I did the comment on how u made ur comment, ur point?

Zant and Ganon are WAY more important than her. They are the reason the game happened while Midna is just some stupid helper character with a bad attitude. [/QUOTE said:
Without midna zant would have been the one to become prince/king whatever at the throne, they gave it to midna, cue zants madness, ganondorfs sees the oportunity and gave him power, after that midna was the one that freed link, something he couldnt done by himself, she helped him in parts link couldnt beat on his own and so on... without midna the game couldnt have taked placed either...

Midna is TP's fairy and doesn't even do a good job at that. HMS and SK are the reasons MM happens which make them crucial to the story unlike Midna who coud have been killed by Zant and the story would have been no different.
My answer above...

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING MANIPULATED AND BEING CONTROLLED!
Ok show me were sakurai mention character who manipulate others cant be in but those controlled by evil can...

Skull Kid is a cult favorite from what is believed by some to be the best Zelda ever and has what could possibly be retro appeal (still waiting for someone to show me where Sakurai explains what his defenition of retro is and no there is not one simple fact of what retro is) and has some of the best moveset potential of any Zelda character.
Again you show me were sakurai said past consoles are retro, also midna is a favorite as well, some consider TP to be the best one in the series, even Reggie, she has the moveset potential shown in my previos posts, she can use the twili spider as a final, and has the personality to boot, not to mention one of the greatest roles in the series... ur point?

again everything u say backfire so why dont u for once acept that midna has a the best shot for a newcomer...

vesperview

Smash Hero
Oh the hypocrisy. First off you basically said SK wasn't as popular as retro characters with no proof so you autimatically fail. Second, SK does in fact have "emotional factor" because he is from a very beloved Zelda game that is to this day considered by some to be the best Zelda.
I don't need a written statement nor poll to prove the obvious, SkullKid is not more popular than Pit nor most retro characters, because he is NOT retro!

I've played enough TP to see how unoriginal Midna is. A tag team with WL is the only way Midna could have a cool moveset and by herself her moves are limited to what she did to help WL which isn't much. SK has the power of the mask which had THREE forms. A hell of alot more moveset potential than a stupid Imp.
Well then you probably didn't play TP til the end, anyone who has played the game would totally disagree with you and again stop saying SkullKid can have a better moveset than Midna, you just don't know how to dispel the fact that Midna is more original, charismatic and unique than SkullKid.

Learn to read *******. I said (and have been saying for a while) that SK COULD be considered retro if Sakuari's opinion of retro includes 64 Zelda and until it is stated otherwise it's idiotic to say that SK isn't retro like fact.
Only you have that mentality, only you would think N64 is retro, and we shall end the retro discussion until you can counter with proof that Sakurai feels that way cause you know you can't.

Because your "obvious reasons" are not so obvious. All it does is make you look like a whiney kid, who doesn't have the attention span to write a paragraph in which one could read easily and in which your words cannot be manipulated, making you look dumb and/or just totally missing your point. Paragraphs = easier understanding and sentences= open to interpretatio
If anything you're the whiny little kid, stop complaining about **** that has nothing to do with you.

Top Bottom