• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
Ok, with that logic (which doesn't exist) I'll go to the Geno Forum and say he won't be in because he is not cool, and is not that important! Let's see the flame fest after that happens, watch the Geno board to find out!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thats what I said the 1st time, I said theyre the same character but with diferent forms, and those diferent forms have diferent roles in OoT, u bashed and said that theyre the same, and then all hell break lose... make up your mind man!!

now People:
WHO HAS BEST THE ARGUEMENTS?

NUMA: SKULL KID OVER MIDNA

OR

STRYKS (cue crowd cheering): MIDNA OVER SKULL KID...

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
MM was ALREADY REPPED in melee, if SK would have entered in melee, it would have fit, he was new, and had that big role, now 10 YEARS LATER, his popularity has gone down, just like with ANYTHING in this world, u cant say something from 10 years ago is equally popular today, TV, Music, Movies prove this, entertainment as a whole prove this, and that counts games... skull kid AINT as popular as when meee came out, there was MM rep in melee, yet no skull kid, WHY in gods NAME would he be in smash NOW 10 years later AFTER his game was released?!
Yes, Skull Kid did not enter melee because he could not fit, in the sense that the roster size could not accommodate yet another Zelda character in addition to the 2 that were already joining. Now that the roster size has expanded, the Zelda reps should scale accordingly which would (hopefully) allow for the inclusion of yet another. Now if that happens, which may be doubtful, I would be very disappointed to see that spot go to anyone else but Skull Kid.

True, popularity declines over time, but it doesn't ever entirely die out. And with the opportunity to shine once again in Brawl, Skull Kid's popularity is back on the rise and will compete against even the most recent characters of today.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Thats what I said the 1st time, I said theyre the same character but with diferent forms, and those diferent forms have diferent roles in OoT, u bashed and said that theyre the same, and then all hell break lose... make up your mind man!!

now People:
WHO HAS THE ARGUEMENTS?

NUMA: SKULL KID OVER MIDNA

OR

STRYKS (cue crowd cheering): MIDNA OVER SKULL KID...

You most certainly did not say that about Zelda and Shiek. If you can not grasp the simple fact that a character in a costume is still that character and therefore has the same roles then you need to go back to elementary school because you are a ******. Stryks Midna will be an AT. That is all she deserves and all she will get. Skull Kid will most likely get the same treatment but that doesn't mean we fans can't hope.

Stryks

Smash Hero
See numa? cant u talk like unknown here?

True he COULD be added since he wanst added in melee, but I just dont see that happening, now hes competing against the likes of Midna, Ganondorf, Zant, WW link and Vaati, all of them having a bigger role in there games (maybe not zant, but he has a good twist), in which the popularity of all of them is still new and freash, nt to mention all but ganondorf never had a chance to apepar in melee, cause they werent around, time will tell tough, but how things are looking SK may not be a PC :(

hey numa anything to back up the "Midna WILL be an AT?" cause its n00bs like u I hate that bring up stuff like that without backing it up, saying a character is already in or not without any proof... and il lquote what u said about shiek and zelda...

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
Midna's time is up. If you want to play with Midna, go play TP. She has no reason to hog the spotlight in this game too. Like others have said, Majora's Mask was a great game that was just overshadowed by Ocarina of Time and the next-gen "OMFG NEW GRAPHICS GOGOGO" crowd, which is, ironically, the very same description that can be used to label the Midna supporters.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
See numa? cant u talk like unknown here?

True he COULD be added since he wanst added in melee, but I just dont see that happening, now hes competing against the likes of Midna, Ganondorf, Zant, WW link and Vaati, all of them having a bigger role in there games (maybe not zant, but he has a good twist), in which the popularity of all of them is still new and freash, nt to mention all but ganondorf never had a chance to apepar in melee, cause they werent around, time will tell tough, but how things are looking SK may not be a PC :(

hey numa anything to back up the "Midna WILL be an AT?" cause its n00bs like u I hate that bring up stuff like that without backing it up, saying a character is already in or not without any proof... and il lquote what u said about shiek and zelda...
How the hell can you possibly say SK has to compete with Ganon and Y.Link after they where already in melee? That is idiotic and makes no sense. Midna will be an AT because she fits the role of one perfectly. She's a helper character who doesn't have what it takes to be playable so therefore she will be an AT. We shouldn't add characters like Midna just because of popularity and recentness when there are much more original characters in the past that can be brought back. I absolutley despise people who act like smash is just a popularity contest.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Midna's time is up. If you want to play with Midna, go play TP. She has no reason to hog the spotlight in this game too. Like others have said, Majora's Mask was a great game that was just overshadowed by Ocarina of Time and the next-gen "OMFG NEW GRAPHICS GOGOGO" crowd, which is, ironically, the very same description that can be used to label the Midna supporters.
If Midna's time is up, Skull Kid's ended way before! Twilight Princess is much better than MM and that is popular belief.

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
Numa your just hurting our team :( Don't make posts that hurt yourself, and just contradict eachother, It seems that your just trying to argue because you don't like Stryks

Mew3

Smash Rookie
i thought of this before i made an account on smash broads never thought of using the fairy just no full majora form exept for final smash

Stryks

Smash Hero
Numa the zelda/shiek thing is on ur 2nd multiquote post in page 36, I can paste for some reason...

woah wait u say midnas time is up, when it hasnt even been 1 YEAR since its game came out, and skull kids time is A-OK after 7? WTF?

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice
Ok, with that logic (which doesn't exist) I'll go to the Geno Forum and say he won't be in because he is not cool, and is not that important! Let's see the flame fest after that happens, watch the Geno board to find out!
geno was only in one game and has a very large fanbase., skull kid was in a few games and all he accomplished was pissing off the player game after game. That stupid little scarecrow *****., and by no means am i a geno fanboy as you are to skull kid. Skull kid has no personality, just dances and steals **** like some kind of mentally unstable monkey. He puts on a mask and turns into an *******. takes it off and hes just an annoying little ***** all over again. mayb it would be good to have him in just for the fact that he deserves to get his *** handed to him for years of abuse. but as far as playing as him goes, he would be useless, a zora would be a better contender than him. zoras are fast and they can use their fins as boomerangs or something. and no im not saying zora for brawl! i just think that skull kid might as well be the new sandbag.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Numa your just hurting our team :( Don't make posts that hurt yourself, and just contradict eachother, It seems that your just trying to argue because you don't like Stryks
And how exactly am I hurting the team? HELL WHAT TEAM!? The only ones doing anything here are unknown and myself. I keep having to prove Stryks wrong yet he continually argues with me over the same points and everyone ignores unknown even though he is completly destroying the anti-skull kid arguments.

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
geno was only in one game and has a very large fanbase., skull kid was in a few games and all he accomplished was pissing off the player game after game. That stupid little scarecrow *****., and by no means am i a geno fanboy as you are to skull kid. Skull kid has no personality, just dances and steals **** like some kind of mentally unstable monkey. He puts on a mask and turns into an *******. takes it off and hes just an annoying little ***** all over again. mayb it would be good to have him in just for the fact that he deserves to get his *** handed to him for years of abuse. but as far as playing as him goes, he would be useless, a zora would be a better contender than him. zoras are fast and they can use their fins as boomerangs or something. and no im not saying zora for brawl! i just think that skull kid might as well be the new sandbag.
Have you ever played MM? If so than you need to replay it as soon as possible.......

And how exactly am I hurting the team? HELL WHAT TEAM!? The only ones doing anything here are unknown and myself. I keep having to prove Stryks wrong yet he continually argues with me over the same points and everyone ignores unknown even though he is completly destroying the anti-skull kid arguments.
@ Numa: Hey I've made more contributions to the argument than you... Plus you just flame and scream a lot. By writing Midna's time is up, just is the same as ruining any argument you made for Skull Kid, because Skull Kid is older, so yah

Civil Wars FTW

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Hey I've made more contributions to the argument than you... Plus you just flame and scream a lot. By writing Midna's time is up, just is the same as ruining any argument you made for Skull Kid, because Skull Kid is older, so yah

Civil Wars FTW
1. Don't double post.
2. One sentence posts aren't contributing **** to the argument.
3. I have no idea what you are talking about in regards to Midna because of your atrocious grammar.
4. War of any kind is terrible and I ought smack you upside the head for that comment.

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
MY grammar is atrocious........ Numa you really are ********. Stryks i don't blame you, and any other posters for getting angry at this guy, he must be like 10 or something. If you think my grammar is bad you need to either first reach grade-level 6 before you can post, or relearn the English language

How is bashing other characters to support Skull Kid add to the argument? you fail!
*EDIT* I haven't bashed any character besides Zant, and I've stated multiple times that Midna has a higher chance to get in than Skull Kid does, just go back and read my posts

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol its funny how Numa is saying hes beating me

Hey guys I just pwned Numa again in a debate we had!

just because you say it doesnt mean its true rite? its the same with me, the guys here can decided that...

vesperview

Smash Hero
*EDIT* I haven't bashed any character besides Zant, and I've stated multiple times that Midna has a higher chance to get in than Skull Kid does, just go back and read my posts
I did go back:

And I wil remember you, when Geno will never be playable in any form
How is that not bashing other characters? PWNED!

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
You idiots take everything so literally. Do I have to spell it out for you?

Midna's time is up IN THE SPOTLIGHT. Must I repeat myself? She does not need yet another game to waste space in, that's what Twilight Princess is for.

Skull Kid, ON THE OTHER HAND, never even got the chance to step into the spotlight and get recognized because Majora's Mask was an extremely underrated and overshadowed game.

Wait, isn't that what I just posted earlier? Oh wait you f*cking ******* can't comprehend sh*t.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hey numa:

from Ris, even he agrees midna has a better chance, but stil llikes skull kid, like me, how about u FREAKING UNDERSTAND NOW?!

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
MY grammar is atrocious........ Numa you really are ********. Stryks i don't blame you, and any other posters for getting angry at this guy, he must be like 10 or something. If you think my grammar is bad you need to either first reach grade-level 6 before you can post, or relearn the English language
By writing Midna's time is up, just is the same as ruining any argument you made for Skull Kid,
These are your exact words and what I have bolded makes no sense and should be edited so we can understand what you mean. You obviously have no idea how to properly word a sentence and I never even said Midna's time is up so you where quoting someone else like an idiot. Go back to fifth grade nOOB.

You know what? It's almost 9:50 here in florida and I haven't taken my shower for class tommorrow. Class starts at 7:15 so you guys can expect to not see me till tommorrow because I'm tired of debating with you idiots. Unknown continues to defeat every anti-skull kid statement yet everyone continues to ignore him. To hell with all of you. Unknown will hopefully convince you all while I'm gone so goodnight.

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
I did go back:

How is that not bashing other characters?
Really, it isn't, I just repeated what someone else said to make a point. The post should be a couple of posts higher than mine. Someone saying they will laugh when Skull Kid isn't put in, and the only reason I said Geno was because i saw him supporting Geno in some thread

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice
yea dip**** i played mm, most people hated that ****. he was just a generic skull kid. Nothing makes him any better than the ones in oot aside from a mask. and for the record they are on the wii era zeldas, so expecting to see the little **** march out with majoras mask wont happen. only thing he can do now is play his little flute and send out like puppets or something. real great addition to brawl,

vesperview

Smash Hero
Well, he said nothing negative about Geno. He didn't say Geno was a stupid choice, or irrelevant. He only said he didn't think Geno would make it.
Don't defend his post, it may not be stated there but it surely implies it.

Midna's time is up IN THE SPOTLIGHT. Must I repeat myself? She does not need yet another game to waste space in, that's what Twilight Princess is for.

Skull Kid, ON THE OTHER HAND, never even got the chance to step into the spotlight and get recognized because Majora's Mask was an extremely underrated and overshadowed game.

Wait, isn't that what I just posted earlier? Oh wait you f*cking ******* can't comprehend sh*t.
Even if he had gotten his "time to shine" Midna would still be more popular because she is the most recently added Zelda character and as I have said she is has a lot more personality than Skull Kid. MM was overshadowed because it was a rushed sequel to capitalize on the previous game's success and it's nowhere near it's predecessor, unlike TP.

Stryks

Smash Hero

Uknown ur becoming numa every post u do, stop cursing...
Midna is an underrated character, many think she cant fight and needs wolf link to to so, in japan TP didnt sell much, so the game is underrated over there as well, what better way to represent the game to put midna as a newcomer, seeing how she was one of the main characters in the game...

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice

skull kids been pissing everyone off since n64, especially mm. that is as much spotlight as he is ever gonna see. get over it.

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
These are your exact words and what I have bolded makes no sense and should be edited so we can understand what you mean. You obviously have no idea how to properly word a sentence and I never even said Midna's time is up so you where quoting someone else like an idiot. Go back to fifth grade nOOB.
I admit that writing or typing out what really is in my mind doesn't always come out as i expected it, that one mistake doesn't make it illegible though.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
yea dip**** i played mm, most people hated that ****. he was just a generic skull kid. Nothing makes him any better than the ones in oot aside from a mask. and for the record they are on the wii era zeldas, so expecting to see the little **** march out with majoras mask wont happen. only thing he can do now is play his little flute and send out like puppets or something. real great addition to brawl,

For the last time, people there is a difference in expecting a character to make it, and wanting a character to make it. From what I see, Skull Kid's supporters want him to make it. That being the case, I really don't know what all this arguing is about...Attention, I suppose.

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice
lol you are so far in the closet you are finding your parents gags and whips, it doenst matter if you "supporters" want him, hes not going to be in it, he is more useless than the flying masks from smw2. he is generic as all hell, has no moves aside from a flute and stealing ****. he dances. get over it lol.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
What is that supposed to mean? If you are saying a character won't make it in any form is obvious you are saying is a poor choice or you hate the character, it is implied.
Saying you don't think a character will make it is not a bash, and could very well be wrong.

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
What is that supposed to mean? If you are saying a character won't make it in any form is obvious you are saying is a poor or irrelevant choice or you hate the character, it is implied.
I already explained why i said it, either way i am neutral towards Geno, since i don't really know much about him, and i never liked SMRPG enough to play the full thing

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
It was in the context in which it was said, who would say Geno won't make it in the Skull Kid thread? it is clearly a bash, even if he doesn't mean it.
Doesn't seem like a worthwhile argument to get into, so I won't.

Anyone want to talk about Skull Kid?

I was thinking about how much he'd weigh. I'd have him weigh as much as Mario. We all know Mario is fatter, but Skull Kid is taller... Then again, he is made of wood or at least he looks like he is... I don't know. I know I don't imagine him being super light like some have said.

Top Bottom