• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Doesn't seem like a worthwhile argument to get into, so I won't.

Anyone want to talk about Skull Kid?

I was thinking about how much he'd weigh. I'd have him weigh as much as Mario. We all know Mario is fatter, but Skull Kid is taller... Then again, he is made of wood or at least he looks like he is... I don't know. I know I don't imagine him being super light like some have said.
Well it wasn't your argument to begin with, and no one wants to talk about Skull Kid anymore.

*leaves thread*

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
Because it doesn't belong in here in the first place. I realize that you, as well as others, don't like Skull Kid. But your redundancy is extremely annoying. Trust me. You gave us your input, we heard you the first time, now move on.

Staying in here is only making things worse, and it's downright sickening to see how inconsiderate and ignorant you act to those of us who genuinely support this character.
Staying in here is only making things worse, and it's downright sickening to see how inconsiderate and ignorant you act to those of us who genuinely support this character.
sickening to see how inconsiderate and ignorant
inconsiderate and ignorant
inconsiderate and ignorant
Skull Kid has everything he needs to have a complete moveset for Brawl: Interesting A Moves, B Moves, Final Smash, etc., which is a hell of a lot more than some characters can say. Have you ever thought that maybe a few of us have put a little bit more thought into this than you?

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't seem like a worthwhile argument to get into, so I won't.

Anyone want to talk about Skull Kid?

I was thinking about how much he'd weigh. I'd have him weigh as much as Mario. We all know Mario is fatter, but Skull Kid is taller... Then again, he is made of wood or at least he looks like he is... I don't know. I know I don't imagine him being super light like some have said.

thats the point. theres nothign to talk about with that little ****.

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
For weight, I'd expect him to be a 2/5, well because he just looks that way, IDK. I always see him as being light with a high jump and rhythmic and sometimes twitch movement. It just looks like it suits him.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
anyone who says skull kid has no chance of being is an idiot. he is one of the most original villians in zelda. midna has less chance of being in then SK cause she is just a fairy in TP. SK was a huge part of MM and was the cause of many things like a ll the mask side quests. he tried to crush termina. he destroyed the great fairies. he did numerous things that affected the whole game and was in one of the most innovative zelda games ever. the story actually delved off the whole triforce crap and had its own story and a villian that was no where connected to ganondorf ever. midna is just some stupid fairy type thing like navi in Oot. if midna died like some people have said, then it wouldnt affect the story at all. link would still beat ganondorf just like all the other ones and peace would be restored. my point is that midna is unimportant to the franchise and SK made his own game that couldnt take place without him.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
For weight, I'd expect him to be a 2/5, well because he just looks that way, IDK. I always see him as being light with a high jump and rhythmic and sometimes twitch movement. It just looks like it suits him.
Just for some perspective, who's a 2/5 in Melee? Pikachu? Because Pichu would be a 1/5. Skull Kid has to weigh more than Pikachu...

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
Just for some perspective, who's a 2/5 in Melee? Pikachu? Because Pichu would be a 1/5. Skull Kid has to weigh more than Pikachu...
3/5 is too much, Skull Kid is very skinny, and relatively short, 2/5 seems fine with me.
On a side note, he's kind of possessed by a shadowy being which makes him stronger, and possible lighter, and if i remember correctly he floats at one point in the game.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
3/5 is too much, Skull Kid is very skinny, and relatively short, 2/5 seems fine with me.
On a side note, he's kind of possessed by a shadowy being which makes him stronger, and possible lighter, and if i remember correctly he floats at one point in the game.
Your right, he did float! That could be worked into a great potential move set. But his floating shouldn't last as long as Peach's...

About his weight...I could go with 2/5.

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
Bajef, right, gotcha

Idk about a floating type move such as Peache's float, i was just using an example to clarify another reason why i think he shouldn't weigh alot

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Bajef, right, gotcha

Idk about a floating type move such as Peache's float, i was just using an example to clarify another reason why i think he shouldn't weigh alot
Understood. Just throwing it out there.

Alright, I realize this isn't going to help Skull Kid's chances any, but its funny, and well....see for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaUjeB-gJnQ

:laugh:

The mask is too flat, but its a good try.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid for brawl would be a very, very unique inclusion. I personally want to see it happen, but chances are it won't. I think he could have a potentially amazing moveset, complete with turning enemies into Deku scrubs, gliding, and all the other crazy stuff he does in Majora's Mask.

MM= seriously underrated Zelda game.

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
actually MM isnt unrated, lots and lots of peeps just like myself r totally in lov with that game. Skull Kid would be perfect for Brawl since he has the best poker face

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
actually MM isnt unrated, lots and lots of peeps just like myself r totally in lov with that game. Skull Kid would be perfect for Brawl since he has the best poker face
According to gamerankings.com:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - N64
Avg Ratio: 92%

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64
Avg Ratio: 98%

I'd say Majora's Mask is underrated, because the only area OoT out shines it is dungeon design and bosses, but you'd never be able to tell from most scores. In my opinion, graphics, sound, game play, and story, are all better in Majora's Mask.

Even if you don't think Majora's Mask is better, you should have both games scored quite close to each other . I'm talking like within a point or two. But thats just my opinion.

Edit: After thinking about it some more, I decided to give OoT the nod when it came to bosses, too. But thats closer call than most people think.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Even if you don't think Majora's Mask is better, you should have both games scored quite close to each other . I'm talking like within a point or two. But thats just my opinion.
Agreed, whole-heartedly. And your argument does make sense, actually. Next to Ocarina, of course any game would be underrated. Still, it holds true that many people (not all, but a lot) don't realize just how good it is.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Skull Kid would be a great character in Brawl. in my opinion he would be a mix of diddy and mewtwo!
here are 3 reasons he should be in brawl.
1. he has starred in 3 of the most highly rated zeldas. let's look at his competition.
Tingle: 1
Midna: 1
Vaati: 2 ( but not in the 3 titles i'm talking about : MM,OOT and TP

2. his roles are always important.
in OOT he was Link's best friend. ( I read it somewhere)
in MM he was the main villain.
in TP he lead you to the Master Sword.

3. He has a possible moveset with lots of potential. Deku Nuts, moons , flutes , darts... lots to appeal to Sakurai!

I've made my stand for Skull Kid. Who's next?

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
I have been saying this sense MELEE was announced!

Skull Kid is my MOST wanted character in brawl. not the TP version, but the MM version. He could have a VERY intresting moveset and his final smash could be the moon from MM. i think he would be greatly welcomed and perfected in brawl.

Nyan

Smash Apprentice
Tingle: 1
Um, no. 3 maby 4 or 5. MM, WW, FSA and his own game.
Midna: 1
Vaati: 2 ( but not in the 3 titles i'm talking about : MM,OOT and TP
Um, Vaati has been in 3 games (two as main villan and once released Ganon)

2. his roles are always important.
in OOT he was Link's best friend. ( I read it somewhere)
in MM he was the main villain.
in TP he lead you to the Master Sword.
No, oh no...
1. Shurely false, he was just messing whith you...I don´t remember but did he give a heart pice if you played Sarias song? Other wise, just messing and attacking
2.No, Majora('s mask) was the main villian. The skull kid just had a mask that controlled and manipulated him
3. Heck no! He was once again just messing with one. He accidentally led Link to the temple, it´s plausible that he didn´t even know the MS was there

point disproven

3. He has a possible moveset with lots of potential. Deku Nuts, moons , flutes , darts... lots to appeal to Sakurai!
In SSB, who dosen´t? Have no real argument.
I've made my stand for Skull Kid. Who's next?
Not a to good one tho...

Skull Kid (fiend) is cool, Vaati (villian) is cooler.

D

Deleted member

Its nice to see some classic villans getting some light.

Even though I personally like Vaati a lot better, Skull Kid gets an epic and resounding "yes" from me.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
No, oh no...
1. Shurely false, he was just messing whith you...I don´t remember but did he give a heart pice if you played Sarias song? Other wise, just messing and attacking

He wasnt really a friend you just were nice to him...

2.No, Majora('s mask) was the main villian. The skull kid just had a mask that controlled and manipulated him

... You realize when we say Skull Kid we mean with Majoras mask as well?

3. Heck no! He was once again just messing with one. He accidentally led Link to the temple, it´s plausible that he didn´t even know the MS was there

He opened to doors... he likely knew were Link was trying to reach anyway. Also dont even understand how this would effect Skull Kid anyway.

point disproven

In SSB, who dosen´t? Have no real argument.

Not a to good one tho...

Skull Kid (fiend) is cool, Vaati (villian) is cooler.

No... no... no... nononononononono sorry but psychotic masked being who plays with peoples lives for entertainment > Small purple eyes man made by Capcom.
Lets get some real arguments now hey?

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Hey I just was expressing my love 4 the character. by the way when I said 'Tingle: 1' I meant only out of the three games I was talking about. and please don't start p***ing me off. we Skull Kid fans should stay together!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What!? I was replying to the person that was dismissing your post.

Talk about a warm welcome, huh?

"Your that fairy kid that sold me that dodjy microwave in the forest arnt you?

Nyan

Smash Apprentice
What!? I was replying to the person that was dismissing your post.

Talk about a warm welcome, huh?

"Your that fairy kid that sold me that dodjy microwave in the forest arnt you?
So strong words. I don´t like wrong faqst so I tried to correct it. (and I like to talk whith points and %)

I kinda want Skull Kid in Brawl, I just want Vaati more.

(And I´m bored...)

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
oops sorry Legolastorm. I got the wrong meaning of what u were saying. I just take get defensive when it comes 2 skull kid. I did'nt read what u were quoteing and I thought it was my post!

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Well finally it looks like the trolls are gone. How do you guys like the idea of SK summoning the 4 boss remains masks as an attack?
What do you mean? The four giants? If so, I say nah, but they'd make a great Assist Trophy. Final Hour, or summoning the moon is the most obvious choice for Skull Kid's final smash, should he make the cut.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
What do you mean? The four giants? If so, I say nah, but they'd make a great Assist Trophy. Final Hour, or summoning the moon is the most obvious choice for Skull Kid's final smash, should he make the cut.
I mean the 4 masks of the bosses in the game that majora summoned to fight you. Odolwa, Goht, Gyorg and Twinmold where their names. I think that maybe for a down B he can summon them to help him. They can fly around and take cheap shots just like in the final boss fight.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Anyone else want to stab the Skull Kid from TP in the heart with an axe like I did? :mad:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
How do you stab someone with an axe, a weapon made for chopping?
I could stab you with a pen.

I think he means fake as in :mad: you bloody b@st@rd stop calling them fudging motherfudgers to attack me.

*Deep breathe* As you can see I really hate the TP Skull Kid.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Technically, I could stab at him with an axe, but it wouldn't do much.

My hate for TP Skull Kid clouded my rational thinking lol, enough about axes.

bandana-bill

Smash Rookie
Fake Skull Kid? You do know it's the same one in every game right?
The Skull Kid in TP is not the one from OoT and MM, TP is a completly different time period, and he looks much different, and I think he'd rather stay in termina with his friends.

Anyways, I'd love the Skull Kid to be in, MM is my fav Zelda game ever, but unfortunatly OoT is the fan fav, any non TP character will probs come from that game, coughsheikcough, MM is so underrated, which is a real shame coz Skull Kid would be awesome for brawl, I think we'd be lucky to get him as an AT.

even if he was just in as an AT, bringin the moon down, kinda like the AT equivilant of Snorlax, but much more awesome, I'd be really happy to see him aknowledged.

And as for the TP skull kid, He's rather ugly, i dislike him.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
The Skull Kid in TP is not the one from OoT and MM, TP is a completly different time period, and he looks much different, and I think he'd rather stay in termina with his friends.
In TP not only does Skull Kid play Saria's song (the song taught to him by Link in OOT) he also has deku pipes, an instrument that only the terminian deku has. He probably was born in Hyrule and found the portal to Termina later and could travel between the worlds. As for how he can live in a different time period, Navi calls Skull Kids in OOT "what happens to kids that get lost in the woods." That's just a nice way of saying they are dead. Since he is dead, he can not die.

Top Bottom