• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I CAN'T WAIT FOR A NEWCOMER REVEAL FOR THE NEXT MONTH!
Also I think we will get Zelda or Captain Falcon,but if it is a random character I think it will be Ness or Lucas,more likely Ness.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is too unpredictable, in some cases, I'm going to bet someone different. Maybe Ganondorf instead to advertise ALBW, because Sakurai can even though Ganon doesn't appear in ALBW.
Or Yoshi even if he isn't part of Super Mario 3D World (at least considering what we know until now) ^^

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
We do need to keep in mind that some vets such as Falco may remain hidden in SSB4 and thus will not be revealed on the website for some time.

I'm betting we'll see Zelda or a new Mario rep on Friday.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm hoping for something on Friday but remember, it's not guaranteed. And I think any additional Mario Characters would be unlockable.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
We do need to keep in mind that some vets such as Falco may remain hidden in SSB4 and thus will not be revealed on the website for some time.

I'm betting we'll see Zelda or a new Mario rep on Friday.
Toon Link, Luigi, and Sonic were all unlockable but have been revealed already.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yup, but every returning vet will almost certainly not be unlocked from the start unless the roster is gigantic.
My point is all three will probably still be unlockable. Meaning unlockable characters are still gonna be revealed before the game comes out.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
My point is all three will probably still be unlockable. Meaning unlockable characters are still gonna be revealed before the game comes out.
Unlockable characters were kept hidden until Brawl's Japanese release. I don't see why the same wouldn't happen this time. The only exceptions were Snake and Sonic, but only because those two A) were marketing gold and B) couldn't really be hidden since their respective companies had to be credited.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Unlockable characters were kept hidden until Brawl's Japanese release. I don't see why the same wouldn't happen this time. The only exceptions were Snake and Sonic, but only because those two A) were marketing gold and B) couldn't really be hidden since their respective companies had to be credited.
So Toon Link and Luigi are both going to be starters this time?

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
So Toon Link and Luigi are both going to be starters this time?
This is speculation at best. I personally wouldn't have predicted it, but I'd find it much more unusual if Sakurai casually revealed all his unlockables about a year before launch date. I mean, isn't the purpose of Miiverse updates to reveal less information than the Dojo did with Brawl?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
This is speculation at best. I personally wouldn't have predicted it, but I'd find it much more unusual if Sakurai casually revealed all his unlockables about a year before launch date. I mean, isn't the purpose of Miiverse updates to reveal less information than the Dojo did with Brawl?
No, the point of Miiverse is to reveal stuff about the game. Period. Unless unlockable characters just cut from the game, it doesn't seem likely to me that we'd start with two Links on the roster, and for Luigi to be a starter after three games of being unlockable.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I would be shocked if Sakurai spoiled unlockable content for fans without first giving a warning.

No, the point of Miiverse is to reveal stuff about the game. Period. Unless unlockable characters just cut from the game, it doesn't seem likely to me that we'd start with two Links on the roster, and for Luigi to be a starter after three games of being unlockable.
Remember what Sakurai said.
Sakura said:
"A REAL pic of the day--Luigi joins the battle! In prior games, we've never introduced Luigi before release, but why not? This is the "Year of Luigi," after all."

Like Sakurai said, it's the Year of Luigi. He may simply not be hidden this time around.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I would be shocked if Sakurai spoiled unlockable content for fans without first giving a warning.

Remember what Sakurai said.

Like Sakurai said, it's the Year of Luigi. He may simply not be hidden this time around.
Or maybe he doesn't care about veterans being revealed since they're, y'know, veterans? They've been in before, so he's not actually spoiling anything.

Besides, the game's coming out next year, and it's not gonna be the Year of Weegee then.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
So by this logic, the practice of Luigi being hidden and one Link out of two being hidden could also change, no?
Sure, it could! However, it seems likelier to me that, since the method of announcements has already changed, the method of announcing characters could as well.

Xigger

Smash Lord
No, no! You're all missing the most obvious reveal of all: Mario AND Zelda double reveal!

or without the Mario.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
In the case of traditionally secret characters like Luigi and Marth; even if they were hidden we'd know they were in the game. Neither are exactly going to get cut. I'll admit it; I was surprised to see Toon Link return though.

So perhaps Sakurai will keep some secret newcomers back until after the game gets revealed instead of the secret veterans?

(Watch now; he'll release them all on Christmas day just to prove a point about his unpredictability and keep Ness, Yoshi and Puff back until after the game's released despite Yoshi being a starter yet again.)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I know it's SUPREMELY UNLIKELY, but what I would love to see is Zelda and Sheik both revealed. Like, have a Photo Strip Reveal where the first picture is a close-up of Zelda, second is her transforming, and third is a close-up of Sheik. It would never happen, but I would be pretty happy if something like that happened.

So, I'm feeling pretty good about a reveal tomorrow or Friday. But we will have to see I guess.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Reactions about the character reveals of tomorrow / Friday:
-Zelda or Captain Falcon :Cool!
-Bowser Jr. or Toad :So Cool!
-Rosalina :Our roster predictions are crap!

Kon

Smash Journeyman
You forgot about Yoshi to anticipate Super Mario 3D World where he isn't even in the game ;D

I agree with the Rosalina point, however I also hope we don't get Bowser Jr or Toad. This is just a personal point of vue, but I can't imagine Bowser Jr or Toad in Smash, honestly.

Btw: I'm pretty sure we won't get any newcomer in the next days, so only Zelda, Captain Falcon and maybe Ganondorf still stand a chance (if we ignore Yoshi because he's not in SM3DW)

Newcomer reveal could be next month in a Nintendo Direct, but they won't reveal a newcomer already in November if they were able to keep the newcomer secret until December. Christmas and so on as already said a few times ;)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I heavily doubt the reveal of a newcomer.

I'd say we could either get Zelda (more likely) or possibly Ganondorf given Sakurai's unpredicability. There is the possibility of Captain Falcon getting revealed too. I'd be fine with any of those possible reveals, personally.

Xigger

Smash Lord
You know what I would REALLY like?

The dates of the banners going up and being taken down in the first post. Being the only thing us fans can semi-rely on, it would be nice to have those available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom