• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Has anyone considered instead of Zelda on the 22nd, we get Roy/Mewtwo on the 21st to celebrate Melee's anniversary?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here's some more dates:

Pokemon: 9.30.1998 (NA) 3.27.1996 (JP)

Wario Land - 3.21.1994 (JP) 3.13.1994 (NA)

Wario Ware - 3.21.2003 (JP) 5.21.2003 (NA)

Star Fox (original) 2.21.1993 (JP) 3.23.1993 (NA)

Star Fox 64 - 4.27.97 (JP) 7.1.97 (NA)

Fire Emblem (Ike) 2.22.2007 (JP) 11.11.2007 (NA)

Mother 3- April 20, 2006

Earthbound -Aug. 27, 1994 (JP) June 5, 1995 (NA)

F-Zero - November 21, 1990

I'll probably get some more soon.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Has anyone considered instead of Zelda on the 22nd, we get Roy/Mewtwo on the 21st to celebrate Melee's anniversary?
maybe but theres one tiny little road block the punch out nes anniversary in japan is on the same day. Plus little mac should get revealed because of the arena stage and arguments over it

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think it is fair to say that Newcomers will not be shown in a random daily update. So far it's been strictly veterans, so there really is no indication that Little Mac or any newcomer for that matter would be revealed on a specific date, as it hasn't happened yet.

What makes more sense to me (Considering the trailers they will each be getting), is that characters will be revealed via Nintendo Directs and events such as E3. With this in mind, I theorize that we'll get some new characters next month in the Nintendo Direct. It makes sense because what else would they cover if they are going through 2014 games? "X" and Smash Bros are the heavy hitters that everybody cares about. I can guarantee we'll get something substantial.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think it is fair to say that Newcomers will not be shown in a random daily update. So far it's been strictly veterans, so there really is no indication that Little Mac or any newcomer for that matter would be revealed on a specific date, as it hasn't happened yet.

What makes more sense to me (Considering the trailers they will each be getting), is that characters will be revealed via Nintendo Directs and events such as E3. With this in mind, I theorize that we'll get some new characters next month in the Nintendo Direct. It makes sense because what else would they cover if they are going through 2014 games? "X" and Smash Bros are the heavy hitters that everybody cares about. I can guarantee we'll get something substantial.
That makes sense

But maybe we will get newcomers for the smash bros melee anniversary or little mac for the punch out anniversary on the 21st

Kon

Smash Journeyman

Besides that the end of the year is a great occasion in general to reveal at least one newcomer. Since the E3 2013(june) we got no newcomer. Of course the reveals of veterans nearly every month is a good way to keep people tuned, but as they only show veterans, they will need a newcomer to fire the hype up again. After that, they could easily wait with another newcomer reveal until E3 2014. December would be more or less in the middle of the time to wait until next E3. ;)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I just thought of something.

If I were to base my theory on the initial reveal, we could get anywhere from 1-3 newcomers per reveal. I am positive we're going to get something next month in the end of the year Nintendo Direct, as there is hardly anything to look forward to other than "X", DKCTF, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros.

December is also the halfway point in the year since the reveal, so it would make sense to reveal new fighters. 6 months away from December is E3 again, and that is surely another fantastic time to reveal newcomers. However, I think there may be one other time they could reveal new characters. A launch trailer. A last minute trailer to build any last scraps of hype.

If we go by a standard of 3 characters per reveal, then we could be looking at 9 other newcomers other than the first three. It should be interesting.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Here a few more dates newcomers could be revealed:
April 2014: Nintendog (promoting Nintendogs and Cats)
May 2014: Dr. Kawashima (promoting Brain Age: Concentration Training)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
When Wario is confirmed, what do you think the link will be? I'm assuming Game and Wario.
Most likely. My guess is that he'll be revealed at an anniversary date, or maybe in a trailer. I was actually thinking that next month's trailer may include a few more obvious veterans. Although I could be wrong.

I really am too spoiled when it comes to characters...

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Most likely. My guess is that he'll be revealed at an anniversary date, or maybe in a trailer. I was actually thinking that next month's trailer may include a few more obvious veterans. Although I could be wrong.

I really am too spoiled when it comes to characters...
I have a question XD
Is a December Direct 100% likely?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I have a question XD
Is a December Direct 100% likely?
Nintendo usually has a Nintendo Direct one every two months, and would therefore be having one next month. Because they will have nothing left to talk about 2013, it is likely that they will focus on 2014 releases. Smash Bros. is one of them.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
When Wario is confirmed, what do you think the link will be? I'm assuming Game and Wario.
Diddy Kong - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
King Dedede or Meta Knight - new Kirby game (3DS)
Ness - EarthBound (Wii U eShop)
Wario - Game & Wario (Wii U)
Falco or Wolf - Star Fox 64 3D (3DS)
Yoshi - Yoshi's New Island (3DS) or Yarn Yoshi (Wii U)
Zelda - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
any Pokemon veteran - Pokemon X & Y (3DS) if the Pokemon Company permits Sakurai

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm crossing my fingers for Palutena.
Because KI anniversary.
Hmm...that would indeed be interesting. That may be a good topic.

If we DO get a trailer (which i'm at this point completely expecting) who do we get and why?

Personally, I think it's possible that Wii Fit Trainer is the shock character this time, and villager was a long time coming. Now would be the time to reveal some characters that people really want. With this in mind, I predict we'll see at least one or more of the following:

Ridley
K.Rool
Palutena
Mewtwo
Shulk
Chrom

Mind you, at max I think we'll get three. Considering that those are some top tier characters, I think it's fair to say we'll get at least one of them. However, I also believe that Pac-Man, Little Mac, and Miis are entirely possible as well. I just don't think they would draw as much hype. I'd like to see a few obvious veterans like Wario or Yoshi thrown in there, but I won't hold my breathe.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hmm...that would indeed be interesting. That may be a good topic.

If we DO get a trailer (which i'm at this point completely expecting) who do we get and why?

Personally, I think it's possible that Wii Fit Trainer is the shock character this time, and villager was a long time coming. Now would be the time to reveal some characters that people really want. With this in mind, I predict we'll see at least one or more of the following:

Ridley
K.Rool
Palutena
Mewtwo
Shulk
Chrom

Mind you, at max I think we'll get three. Considering that those are some top tier characters, I think it's fair to say we'll get at least one of them. However, I also believe that Pac-Man, Little Mac, and Miis are entirely possible as well. I just don't think they would draw as much hype. I'd like to see a few obvious veterans like Wario or Yoshi thrown in there, but I won't hold my breathe.
If there is a trailer, I expect to see Palutena, Little Mac, and the Miis. Pac-Man is possible, too.

As for veterans, maybe Wario, Yoshi, Zelda if she isn't revealed this month, or Ness. I'm not holding my breath, though. I am just excited for Smash news next month.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If there is a trailer, I expect to see Palutena, Little Mac, and the Miis. Pac-Man is possible, too.

As for veterans, maybe Wario, Yoshi, Zelda if she isn't revealed this month, or Ness. I'm not holding my breath, though. I am just excited for Smash news next month.
Really as long as 4-5 of those character I listed get in, I'm fine with whatever else happens with this game.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I think we'll see Pac-Man, Little Mac, and Mii in Christmas.
I guess we will see Little Mac but no Pac-Man and no Mii for the Christmas time. It's just me maybe, but I don't see Pac-Man or Mii being revealed around Christmas.

Morbi

Scavenger
I guess we will see Little Mac but no Pac-Man and no Mii for the Christmas time. It's just me maybe, but I don't see Pac-Man or Mii being revealed around Christmas.
Is there a reason? I mean I don't really see it happening either, I am just wondering why you don't.

Morbi

Scavenger
Why people are so convinced about the miis? or is a joke?
There are a couple of reasons.
1. They are advocated in the best selling Wii games of all times. This is similar to Wii Fit Trainer (based on sales).
2. It would be a universal interpretation of all Smash players.
3. Miis are a central aspect of the Wii and the Wii U. This game is intended to be a console seller.
4. Casuals love it, and Smash is a party-game. So the two seem to correlate.
5. The leak had Miis as one of the leaked characters (which some people still believe because of the correct WFT guess).
6. Villager (the assumption that they wouldn't work in Smash is not relevant anymore. Sakurai might have even changed his mind). He even looks like one, haha.
7. Sakurai continues to allude to some sort of character customization. Miis are the effigy of customization to Nintendo.

Those are the only reasons I can think of.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Is there a reason? I mean I don't really see it happening either, I am just wondering why you don't.
Honestly I have to say I could be more fine with a reveal at E3 2014 like WFT for E3 2013 if you get my point. A character reveal not at the E3 Nintendo Direct or the E3 conference but right after this. I don't like the idea of the Mii, but if they reveal the Mii, I guess they save Miis for E3 2014 to say something like: "Look, customizable characters: The Miis!"
And about Pac-Man: Well, Sakurai said that he won't necessarily put a Namco character in, so people shouldn't jump on Pac-Man being revealed this fast. We can't expect too many 3rd parties and we have already Sega(Sonic) and Capcom(Megaman) in, while Konami(Snake) isn't out yet. If we get 3 3rd party characters, it's fine. Snake could also be a good one to be cut in SSB4, but yet there is nothing said about this. Another point is I can't imagine of a good moveset for Pac-Man.

These are my reasons I don't see Pac-Man and the Miis revealed in December. I can't imagine Pac-Man yet in Smash and while I can think of a possible moveset for the Miis, I still think they would keep them for E3 2014. Also I think we won't get so many newcomers revealed in the December Direct. I would be happy if we get at least one, maybe two, but three seems a bit too far from what I consider possible. That's my opinion on that topic. Maybe I'm wrong and Sakurai shows 3 newcomers in December Direct, but I can't imagine that. One newcomer as a christmas present would be nice, but 3? I want to be at least a bit realistic and maybe Sakurai can surprise me in a positive way rather than expecting more newcomers and being disappointed after the Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom